CREME MOISTURISERS DON'T WORK WELL ANYMORE!!!!

Nanyanika

CREME MOISTURISERS DON\'T WORK WELL ANYMORE!!!!

Is anyone in the same boat? i've been using profectiv Breakfree and Elasta QP Mango butter for a very long time and they doesn't seem to to hold moisture or softness in my hair long enough after washing, what other products could i use? thanks is shea butter very good at softening.

zigzag1

Re: CREME MOISTURISERS DON\'T WORK WELL ANYMORE!!!!

Yes gal your hair is looking good as usual. Maybe your hair has got used to those products. How about trying kemyi oil shea butter pomade?
Gorgeous hair

inthepink

Creme moisturizers do nothing for me especially water-based ones like you mentioned. I used Carol's Daughter products b/c they are oil-based and work well for me.

bajanplums1

interesting. i feel that the mango butter has stopped working for me too. i just switched today back to qp elasta recovery. i just don't get it bc i switched off recovery bc i felt that i stopped working.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
zigzag1 said:
Yes gal your hair is looking good as usual. Maybe your hair has got used to those products. How about trying kemyi oil shea butter pomade?
Gorgeous hair

[/ QUOTE ]

Mi can peak jamaican too yu nu gal, lol where did you buy the kemi stuff from, i know pak cosmetic sells it but i'm not keen on driving all the way to Finsbury Park. Btw thanks for the compliments

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
bajanplums1 said:
interesting. i feel that the mango butter has stopped working for me too. i just switched today back to qp elasta recovery. i just don't get it bc i switched off recovery bc i felt that i stopped working.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't use recovery anymore, its like pouring thick water on the hair, where is the moisture?

Hairlove: i may try the Carol's Daughter product, or mix up my own some oils and butters.

Deniece

Natural Beauty

I notice the same thing going on.....I tried Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, but it smells funny and I didn't like the way it made my hair feel....I was wondering how the Sun Kissed Pomade works.... It smells good...
But yeah it seems like the water based moisturizers are lacking.....What is doing the job for anyone?

Chinagem

Well I like my shealoe butter. It makes my hair feel sooooo soft.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Chinagem said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you purchase this from?

sengschick

The Bun Master

Yeah since I've texturized I have the same issue. No more Mango Butter for me /images/graemlins/nono.gif. I've being staying nicely moist w/the aid of leave-ins (Lacio & Humectress) coupled w/castor & avocado oils.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
Chinagem said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you noticing any buildup problems from the shealoe butter? I was using this for about 3 months and I got horrible buildup. I had to stop using it.

Chinagem

Not yet but I have only been using it for about 2 months. I only use a little and I always use it on damp hair and I love it.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Yeah since I've texturized I have the same issue. No more Mango Butter for me /images/graemlins/nono.gif. I've being staying nicely moist w/the aid of leave-ins (Lacio & Humectress) coupled w/castor & avocado oils.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sengschick, i've been doing the same thing, I use leave-ins, small amounts moisturising conditioners and oils to keep my hair moisturised enough during air-drying.

Chinagem

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Chinagem said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you purchase this from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually got it from www.crabapplesoap.com I wanted it from there b/c it was cheaper so BEFORE I ordered, I let them know that I had concerns with ordering from them because all of the bad stuff I've heard about them and they got my order out to me within a few days. /images/graemlins/cool.gif I sometimes add a bit of castor oil in with my shealoe butter. I think next time I will buy my own unrefined shea butter and mix it with the aloe vera.

DahomeyAhosi

I use suave milk and honey (4 parts) mixed with a curl activator (2 parts) and an oil - castor or evoo (1 part). This works very well and is pretty cheap. I condition and moiturize every day with this.

brandy

Same here, I'm experiencing the same with mango butter and ORS moisturiser. I'll probably try Kemi oil shea butter.

hotshot

now im into shea butter. its the only oil/butter i can use on dry hair. its so soft.

nfynit_812

I agree...maybe you need to switch up products... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ReesieCup

I usually have a problem with very dry ends. I use Aphogee Essential Fatty Acids Oil (best hair oil ever) mixed with Salerm 21 Leave In like a daily moisterizer.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

WHere did you get the Aphogee oil from? I've never even heard of that..