Crosswalk.com Article re. Singleness

Justice4alw

Great article, RelaxerRehab! Thanks for posting it. I'm a widow, believing every day that God has perfect control of my life. This article was very affirming.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Rehab, this article is refreshing. I'll tell you why. It's not confining one to 'accept' or conform to being single. The scripture that is so over used for singles (and it's sickening) is 'Being content with where you are...' Well that doesn't apply when you have a Godly desire for something.

Marriage is definitely Godly...God ordained. No where does the word of God say one has to 'accept' being single. It promotes marriage more than singleness. Case closed.

Prime example: I have a friend who kept sending 'group' emails on how to be content in the single life...etc. I was sick of it. I shared with her to re-focus and to prepare for what she wanted which was marriage. Our morning group emails between my 'girls' and I changed drastically. We focused on marriage instead of being single.

Ummmm, she's now happily married. ;) Another is engaged; another has a new boyfriend...and me...I'm in prayer about my friend. I'm not sure if he's the one. The Lord said for me to 'wait' and trust Him.

Soooo, "I'll keep you posted..." :lol: (See, that's what happens when you pray...God says, Trust me....wait'...:lol: ) But I'm happy that God is in control of my life decisons and not me. I don't want to make anymore mistakes in my life. I want to marry the right man who gets to hold my hand....;)

BeaLady

I don't believe that everyone who wants to be married will get married. I also don't believe that if you are not married it's because of a personal sin or shortcoming.

fivefoursweetie

BeaLady said:
I don't believe that everyone who wants to be married will get married. I also don't believe that if you are not married it's because of a personal sin or shortcoming.
I totally agree. There are a host of singles in the Bible that God used mightely (sp?). Bot are stages in a person's life in where God can use a person. One is no better than the other. If that is the case, why was Paul so used of God, yet he was single. He had one of the largest impacts on growing the following of Christ.
It's not about personal want...it's about God's will for everyone's individual life.

Chromia

I can relate to that article, especially the first line: When was the last time you had a date, much less a relationship? I'm not looking for marriage yet, but I would like to be in a relationship.

@ Shimmie - It's interesting what happened when you and your friends changed your focus. I think that positive thinking is really important.