Crown and Glory 2023!

Prettyeyes

Hello Ladies,

This year my goal is MBL. I am currently relaxed but I may be transitioning not sure yet. I want to wear braids for six weeks. Daily spraying with water, scurl or braid spray ( choose what works for you). Weekly I will sit down and thoroughly moisturize my hair personally I will be using several products I really like a water based moisturizer. I will seal with EVOO or grease. If you want to wash your hair in braids occasionally you can. I do. Then after six weeks I will take down shampoo, condition and deep condition with a product like CHOLESTEROL. I may splurge for Olaplex products! I will also occasionally do a Aphogee two step. I am also going to wear my own hair out for one week to ten days. Then I will repeat this process throughout the year. We can share pics when our hair is out of braids. I plan to be very consistent in 2023! Let me know if you would like to join! Please explain your plan. HHG!

MzSwift

Love this!!!
I don't want to be overextended in too many challenges this year but can I please be an active lurker (if there is such a thing :lachen:)?
I'm also relaxed and I'm also doing a personal HYH consisting of back to back braid/twist extensions alternating in some crochet styles and wigs. I will only keep them in for 3-4 weeks at a time as that is the maximum for my hair before I pay for it with nightmare detangling. I stretch my relaxers 5-8 months so I'm usually dealing with two different textures.

I use Infusium 23 in my braid spray mix (which is an ayurvedic herbal tea) and will wash, DC (moisture+protein) and blow out in between each style. Funnily, Queen Helene Cholesterol has been my staple since 2009 so I'm sticking with that as well.

Prettyeyes

You are perfect! Do it your way. Just check in and keep us updated. Also if you take pics that would make it fun!

Godsdaughter001

Hi everyone. Is this challenge still going/active? Plan: I’m weaved up at least until the summer. I sealed my braids with jojoba oil/grape seed oil and wet it daily. I will probably take it out every two months. I’ve been doing the crown and glory and would love to join.

@Prettyeyes count me in if this is still an active challenge.

nysister

After seeing photos of myself from 10 years ago where my hair was lush and longer, I'm getting back to wanting to grow it again.

Some of my hair actually broke die to extreme stress last year, and me having my hands in it too much, so it's more than time to get back to healthier hair practices.

I don't know if we're posting products, but I've used this for the past few months and it's actually helped me to see visible growth. I also still use Olde Jamaica BCO and Coconut cream for my twist outs and it keeps them hydrated.

I've also started sealing with a Chebe mix.

Godsdaughter001

@nysister do you use the 10 n 1 oil only on your hair? Or do you use it on your scalp too?

I am also going back to tried and true methods. I remembered that ceramides helped my hair a lot. So I’m using jojoba oil (highest ceramide concentration) and grape seed oil in my hair in addition to wetting it daily. I’m wearing a weave but it’s wet and wavy hair so I can get away with wetting it everyday, lol.

MzSwift

@Godsdaughter001

Oooh! When I first joined the hair boards, I saw so many ladies grow hair to their butts using wet n wavy weaves! Sounds like you're on the right track!

I learned that daily wetting (not necessarily washing) is helpful in stimulating growth. I try to wet my hair everyday too! In these extensions, I spray my scalp until it's soaked daily.

Godsdaughter001

@Godsdaughter001

Oooh! When I first joined the hair boards, I saw so many ladies grow hair to their butts using wet n wavy weaves! Sounds like you're on the right track!

I learned that daily wetting (not necessarily washing) is helpful in stimulating growth. I try to wet my hair everyday too! In these extensions, I spray my scalp until it's soaked daily.
Really? That’s good to know! I’ll keep you all posted on my length checks. I’m at bsb currently due to heat damage. I would love to be waist length by the end of the year. That’s my goal.

nysister

@nysister do you use the 10 n 1 oil only on your hair? Or do you use it on your scalp too?

I am also going back to tried and true methods. I remembered that ceramides helped my hair a lot. So I’m using jojoba oil (highest ceramide concentration) and grape seed oil in my hair in addition to wetting it daily. I’m wearing a weave but it’s wet and wavy hair so I can get away with wetting it everyday, lol.
I use it on my scalp. It doesn't clog it and I figure that enough will get on my hair if I put it there.

nysister

By the way they're having a sale (they often do). The code is 'longhair'.

Just make sure it's applied properly when you check out.

Prettyeyes

After seeing photos of myself from 10 years ago where my hair was lush and longer, I'm getting back to wanting to grow it again.

Some of my hair actually broke die to extreme stress last year, and me having my hands in it too much, so it's more than time to get back to healthier hair practices.

I don't know if we're posting products, but I've used this for the past few months and it's actually helped me to see visible growth. I also still use Olde Jamaica BCO and Coconut cream for my twist outs and it keeps them hydrated.

I've also started sealing with a Chebe mix.

Yes you can post products! Thanks

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I've been low key doing a version of this lol. I've been really hair lazy, so I cycle though cornrows for wig braids, crochet braids, and silk presses, but it's too cold for me for silk presses right now. So mainly it's just wig braids+wig, crochet braids, and two strand twists with extension braids. The two products I use are dax grease and TGIN Green Tea Leave in, but if it's just twist extensions I'll use whatever spray leave ins I have.

Prettyeyes

Love this!!!
I don't want to be overextended in too many challenges this year but can I please be an active lurker (if there is such a thing :lachen:)?
I'm also relaxed and I'm also doing a personal HYH consisting of back to back braid/twist extensions alternating in some crochet styles and wigs. I will only keep them in for 3-4 weeks at a time as that is the maximum for my hair before I pay for it with nightmare detangling. I stretch my relaxers 5-8 months so I'm usually dealing with two different textures.

I use Infusium 23 in my braid spray mix (which is an ayurvedic herbal tea) and will wash, DC (moisture+protein) and blow out in between each style. Funnily, Queen Helene Cholesterol has been my staple since 2009 so I'm sticking with that as well.
Please join!

Prettyeyes

I've been low key doing a version of this lol. I've been really hair lazy, so I cycle though cornrows for wig braids, crochet braids, and silk presses, but it's too cold for me for silk presses right now. So mainly it's just wig braids+wig, crochet braids, and two strand twists with extension braids. The two products I use are dax grease and TGIN Green Tea Leave in, but if it's just twist extensions I'll use whatever spray leave ins I have.
I am wearing a wig now with cornrows underneath so I can still use this method!

Tangles

:hiya: I would love to join your challenge. Its been many years since I've been in one (half-assedly) I might add. This challenge and a few others are ones I can commit to since I wear braids the majority of the time. I "Crown and Glory" when I wear braids but I tend to get lazy. So since I've been rather consistent in moisturizing my braids, I should be ok joining this challenge. The set I have in now, I've had since Nov 2022 re-braiding small sections every two weeks. Taking these out EOM and installing crochet passion twists. Will try to post the finished style.

MzSwift

Oh, you reminded me that I never posted a pic of the extensions I'm getting ready to take out.
I feel like I'm counting down until take down day for this set. They snag on everything!
I wanted to do just 15-30 braids using the rubber band method to throw up in a bun and keep my mind off of my hair. But I ended up with 43 and these mugs started off by slipping in the back and the snagging is annoying. I think that why I never tried passion twists bc I had read ladies complaining about the snagging.

1674050802705.png

My next set will be a crochet so that my hair is safely tucked away this deep into winter. And I think I'm gonna install pre-twisted havana/mambo twists. I've got so many home projects to do, hair is not my first priority.

I wanna report though that I AM loving my braid spray mix after adding fenugreek oil to it. I swear I feel crawlies after each spray and massage.

MzSwift

OK, so I was wrong. I need to go into a style where I can wet my hair more often since I've been in these extensions. So I'm gonna go into braids under wigs/scarves. It's winter and I want to boost moisture. I can rinse these daily if I want to. I usually cornrow but for some reason, I tangle my hair more when I do my cornrows.

MzSwift

Took down my extensions Thursday night. Washed and DC'd with my conditioning cap for 30 mins yesterday. And then cornrowed it up for under wigs/scarves. I sprayed with my braids spray tea, applied my clove bud scalp oil and then rubbed condish into my braids. They're covered with a baggie and a satin men's skull cap and scarf.

I tucked the tail up through the braid.
1674326525590.png 1674326577282.png

I didn't have time to install my mini braids so I'll wear these for a little while and then transition them into mini braids next month. I'm thinking of keeping those mini braids in until I relax in Apr/May. I use my fingers to detangle and part so my parts are never straight. I don't really care since I'm not wearing them out. They work for applying my scalp oil, etc.

Tangles

I am so ready to take out these braids. Wearing my hair out for a few weeks will be anxiety-filled because I love touching and playing in my natural hair. I will probably do like usual and wear either Bantu knot-outs or perm rod set. However the styles come out (good or not-so good), I will post pics :look:.