**Crown and Glory Challenge Month 4 Update**

Miz_Complexity

Hi ladies I am checking in for month 4 of the Crown and Glory Challenge.
I have finally posted my album so you ladies can check it out when you get a minute. http://photos.yahoo.com/miz_complexity .I got may braids on March 7 2005 and May 7,2005 will be two months, so I have to do my two months off. I think I will get kinky two strand twist put in my hair after May 7th .

But I have to do a deep condition to May hair. I really miss doing them. I have been using S-Curl no drip moisturizer and Infusium 23 leave in conditioner daily. I have been taking my vitamins so the new growth is growing like weeds. The last perm I had was February 18,2005 so I am like 11 weeks and counting, toward stretching my relaxer.

So ladies let me know what you progress is and the hits or misses you are having with the challenge. I hope that you all are have postive results with the G&G Challenge.As all ways if you have any progression photos post them, lets keep each other motivated.Happy hair growing.

I am having a problem getting my album like in my siggy. If anyone’s know how to post Internet links in your siggy can you let me know? Thanks.

Ashee

I recently began this challenge but I'm on the Braids routine & I just got them in this past Saturday.
:)

BrwnSugaBabee

Ok I must have been sleeping on this challenge but I would like to join!:) I had braids in for about a month. and am giving myself a two week break. I just can't leave em in for two months I would be looking a hot mess lol. Anyway, count me in! btw after i took my braids down I did notice my hair is coming in a lot thicker(already natural so that's saying a lot), plus the hair at my temples has filled in. Happy Growing!

carletta

Still going strong ! got my braids about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I got some growth going on up here for real!!! my hair feels like it crawling :D So, mama is going to be wearing these braids ALL SUMMER LONG !

sdumasw

hello everyone,

I'm sorta on the late show, but I unfortunately did not start until mid march, as soon as I get pictures I will post them. So far this regimen is the only one that helps me to stretch my relaxer. I've stretched it for 12 weeks and am due for touch-up this afternoon. The next time I get braids will be in june.

Happy growing everyone,:yep:

Wendy

kristina

I still have my braids in. I put them in mid-march. Can't wait to take these pups out. I might only wait a month before putting more in. I think I'm going to rock some sengalese twists from mid june-mid august.

xippy

I'd like to join this challenge. I've been unofficially following it since March. I braided my hair two weeks ago and either I did a bad job or my hair has grown fast. I won't make it two months with this set of braids. I plan to take them out in two weeks and braid up again at the end of May.

Ashee

xippy said:
I'd like to join this challenge. I've been unofficially following it since March. I braided my hair two weeks ago and either I did a bad job or my hair has grown fast. I won't make it two months with this set of braids. I plan to take them out in two weeks and braid up again at the end of May.
Do you braid your own hair or use extensions? :confused:

Miz_Complexity

Ashee said:
I recently began this challenge but I'm on the Braids routine & I just got them in this past Saturday.
:)

Sorry Ashee I did not get back right away. I hope your braids look nice. If you can post some pictures.

chellee

Do you braiders notice thinner ends once the braids are removed? This is my only concern with a braid challenge (not to discourage any with success thus far). Whenever I come out of braids/cornrows, I notice a lot of growth but chewed up ends. Maybe it's just my bad luck.

xippy

Ashee said:
Do you braid your own hair or use extensions? :confused:

Ashee,

I did my own braids with extensions for the first time using Robin Wood's tape. My hair looked good the first week, but it is gradually hanging more each week.

xippy

Ashee

xippy said:
Ashee,

I did my own braids with extensions for the first time using Robin Wood's tape. My hair looked good the first week, but it is gradually hanging more each week.

xippy
What do you mean by "hanging"? :)
Is one week too soon for the new growth to loosen up tight braids? My edges were real tight & now they're almost half an inch away from the scalp...

Thanks for responding!

Ashee

Miz_Complexity said:
Sorry Ashee I did not get back right away. I hope your braids look nice. If you can post some pictures.
I have some pictures in my Twists & Buns area in my Fotki: the Style Folder! :)
I'll take a few more later... I just want the hair to grow a bit more for a style!

AllAboutTheHair

Hey Crown and Glory Challengers!!

I have realized that 6 weeks is my braids max. time. I think I may have an oily scalp because my build-up gets pretty thick. So I am adjusting my Crown and Glory Braids technique to the Crown and Glory Wigs Technique. So instead of braids every two months I will be wearing a wig for two months with deep conditioning and detangling of plaits underneath the wig done every 3 weeks. I will start this in June. I am currently wearing medium twists two weeks at a time. HHG!!

Miz_Complexity

Ashee said:
Is one week too soon for the new growth to loosen up tight braids? My edges were real tight & now they're almost half an inch away from the scalp...

Thanks for responding!

I think that the "hanging" is when the braids begin to slip away from the base where the braid is. It also can occur when you constanly where them in a poy tail. The tenion pulls the hair away from the base as well.I was having that same problem untill I changed the way I was starting the briad. Now I start closer to the base and the braids no longer hang away from the base of my hair.

Ashee

Has anyone found a Micro Fiber Towel anywhere in a BSS?? I wanted to know before I thought of sending $20 via net for one...
I Need to wash my hair because my scalp is starting to go crazy again & I think it misses the every two to three days wash...
I'm still using my Sulfer 8 but it's hard to get to every braid section & tend to it nicely :(

xippy

Ashee said:

Thanks for responding!

By "hanging", I mean "dangling". :)

They've loosened up a lot and I'm having a hard time believing that my hair has grown that much ( a little more than 1/2 an inch) in two weeks. My braids look like they've been in for two months. :ohwell:

I guess one week is not too soon if one's hair grows quickly, but I'm not use to such fast growth. If that's the case, the Surge must be working. I'll take it! But I'm going to get my braids done professionally next time.

Ashee

xippy said:
By "hanging", I mean "dangling". :)

They've loosened up a lot and I'm having a hard time believing that my hair has grown that much ( a little more than 1/2 an inch) in two weeks. My braids look like they've been in for two months. :ohwell:

I guess one week is not too soon if one's hair grows quickly, but I'm not use to such fast growth. If that's the case, the Surge must be working. I'll take it! But I'm going to get my braids done professionally next time.
I feel you on that one! I think my growth maybe due to my vitamins & Surge...
I've been taking the Thick Hair Shake since the braids were done & I sprayed the Surge daily along with my Scurl. I'm hoping it's growth but I'm just still in a state of :eek:!!

Vintagecoilylocks

Could someone explain the differnce to useing extentions instead of braiding your own hair. What is the advantage to having the synthetic hair included in braiding for obtaining growth? Thanks

Ashee

Vintagecoilylocks said:
Could someone explain the differnce to useing extentions instead of braiding your own hair. What is the advantage to having the synthetic hair included in braiding for obtaining growth? Thanks
With extentions, you can elongate the style of your braids, braid the hair beyong your own ends to keep them protected (that's what I do), just to have fun with the style, not have to deal with your own hair, the style keeps for one or two months (could be more, but not recommended) without needing to be redone...
-HTH :look:

xippy

Ashee said:
With extentions, you can elongate the style of your braids, braid the hair beyong your own ends to keep them protected (that's what I do), just to have fun with the style, not have to deal with your own hair, the style keeps for one or two months (could be more, but not recommended) without needing to be redone...
-HTH :look:

Ashee,

On some of my extensions, my ends stick out. I've been smoothing them with oil every other day, because I feel that they are basically unprotected. Do you have that problem? Someone said I did not use enough of the extension hair in my braid.

mscounselor

Getting my braids done tomorrow!!! :D Will start the Crown and Glory challenge with that style!
Good luck everyone! :grin:

cutebajangirl

Ashee said:
Has anyone found a Micro Fiber Towel anywhere in a BSS?? I wanted to know before I thought of sending $20 via net for one...
I Need to wash my hair because my scalp is starting to go crazy again & I think it misses the every two to three days wash...
I'm still using my Sulfer 8 but it's hard to get to every braid section & tend to it nicely :(

I've seen them in bss and duane reade. HTH.

mscounselor

Okay...got the braids (12 hours later) and my hair feels really heavy. Not sure what to do. I was told I should have just had my mid back length hair braided without the weave but it's too late now. Wish me luck! I really want to see things through...