***Crown and Glory Challenge***Month 5 Updates

Miz_Complexity

Hello ladies sorry I am late to day I had class this morning. I want updates and pictures; I want to see some progress. I also want to know what has been working and what has not been working. I will start first. I had braids in my hair from March 7th -May 10th. I have been wearing a protective bun and a wig for the past couple of weeks. It was a bust for the kinky two- strand twist that I wanted. I will have to get them in August when I go to NYC and get my hair done for Back to school.

For the summer I will be getting my braids started Saturday and finish them Sunday. I also just started using MTG on May 28th I am doing a self 60 day challenge with it so see if it works.
I also have changed my vitamin regime on Sun. Tue. Thur. Sat I will be taking GNC Ultra Norishair, B-5 and Biotin.
On Mon. Wed. Fri. I will be taking my Evening Primrose, Flaxseed, MSM, Silica, Pantothenic Acid , I hope this regimen will work out better. I also want to find my staple products as well. I also have stuck to me no new products until I finish the old products. I am a serious PJ.

I have to make a shout out to my girl Den1 thank you so much for modifying the C&G method. I also enjoyed your technique on how to wash your hair with braids and a stocking cap. I loved your step by step instructions. I will now refer to it as the “DEN1 Method”. :bouncy:

cece22

I am just starting the Crown and Glory challenge I started 3-weeks ago with cornrows. I braided my hair in individuals and dipped the ends in boiling water. I have not been following the hair lady's techniques but I plan to start ASAP. I have been greasing my hair every night with Hollywood beauty Sulpur, surging, and using Wild Growth Oil I will sponge my scalp tonight. The reason I am using grease is cause when I stopped using it my hair broke. I always used grease in braids and my hair grew minus the extreme build up. But Hair lady doesn't recommend applying anything directly to the scalp except after washing. So I might sponge wash everyday with plain water and fully wash on the weekends. I don't want any extreme build up.

I odered a sea sponge, MTG, and a microfiber turban the only other thing I will be needing is some extra braid spray. When I take my braids down I will be resting for 2-weeks then re-applying. I'll try to take some pictures of my braids tonight.

Vitamins
Amino 1500
Multi-Vitamin
B-complex
Fish Oil
Potassium
Magnesium

Products
African Royale Braid Spray
Hollywood Sulphur grease (My scalp is dry without it)
Cream Of Nature Shampoo
Infusium 23 Moisture
Motions Leave-in
MTG
Wild Growth
Essential Oils Ylang-Ylang, peppermint, tea-tree, rosemary, cedarwood

Accesories
Sea Sponge to saturate and wash scalp
Microfiber Turban
Toothbrush for removing build up at base of braids

Healthb4Length

I fell off this challenge, to be honest I'm really loving my hair right now and I don't want to do too much. I'll probably put in cornrows in several weeks but then again who knows!

BrwnSugaBabee

My hair has been progressing.After the braids i gained about a inch (had them in for a month) since then i have been baggie/bunning it till i can get my braids redone which will be w/ in the next two weeks for sure!

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
Sorry to say but, I “fell off the wagon.” After doing the big chop, I decided to keep my hair loose so that I could learn to care for it in its natural state. I will be getting back “on the wagon” in September when I have to go back to school, as I will be to busy to deal with my hair.

Miz_Complexity

reformatio said:
Sorry to say but, I “fell off the wagon.” After doing the big chop, I decided to keep my hair loose so that I could learn to care for it in its natural state. I will be getting back “on the wagon” in September when I have to go back to school, as I will be to busy to deal with my hair.

Congrdaulations on the BC. I want to know if you posted any photos.

AllAboutTheHair

I put my braids back in memorial day weekend, it only took 6 hrs!! Anywho, I just started using MTG about two weeks ago, so I will know if it works for sure at the end of this braid cycle. I have a few length shots in my album without braids, I will post of pic of the current style so you can see the size braids I am wearing. HHG.

cece22

Here are some pics of my braids.

Attachments

• P1010076.JPG
    P1010076.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010073.JPG
    P1010073.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 16
  • P1010077.JPG
    P1010077.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010081.JPG
    P1010081.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

xippy

I can't believe a month's gone by already!

Well, I had my hair in individual braids for about a month - from April 16th to May 16th. I've been wearing a bun with the baggie technique since then. Today, I will be getting individuals (I've got an appointment in 2 hours). This time I'm not doing it myself. I don't have the time. I'll wear them for 2 months and then rest for a couple weeks.

I've retained length since starting in March, but I also had breakage this past two weeks. Everytime I comb my hair I break it, so back into braids I go. I tried to self-relax and underprocessed. I'm afraid to comb my hair anymore (even after using apoghee). I just don't seem to have a gentle hand.

My vitamin regime consist of Twinlab Daily One, Flaxseed capsule (2x/day), Multi Oil (2x/day), and Vitamin E. Sometimes I also take 1 GNC Nourishair capsule. I've had to gradual include these in my diet, because I kept breaking out. I think it was too much oil in my diet at once.

I will also be following Den1's methods. It's been tremendously helpful. I'll try to limit the products that I put on my braids. I had some dreading the last time.

That's it for now. Oh! I don't have any pictures yet. Sorry!

AllAboutTheHair

Have any of you tried using a reconstructor while IN braided extensions? I was stalking :sekret: ...I mean viewing Den1's album and she put it in with her braided extensions :p I think I may try it with my Fantasia IC reconstructor...