Crown and Glory Questions

chellero

Wife Supremacist
My new growth is out of control and I am thinking about using the crown and glory method for the rest of the year. Questions:

Does C&G work well with kinky twists?

Will they look ok for 2 months w/weekly washing?

Can I use baking soda shampoo weekly while in the twists or will that not clean my hair sufficiently?

Will my hair be ok without 2x weekly deep conditioning?

Is there a way that I can safely leave my twists in longer than 2 months?

scarcity21

My new growth is out of control and I am thinking about using the crown and glory method for the rest of the year. Questions:

Does C&G work well with kinky twists? yes they do bcos they are not too tiny

Will they look ok for 2 months w/weekly washing? Yes

Can I use baking soda shampoo weekly while in the twists or will that not clean my hair sufficiently? I havent used BS poo so i cant comment

Will my hair be ok without 2x weekly deep conditioning? try to DC @ least once a week

Is there a way that I can safely leave my twists in longer than 2 months?
I HONESTLY WOULDNT LEAVE IT IN LONGER THAN 2 MONTHS IF I WERE U...THE 1ST TIME I EVER GOT KINKY TWISTS...I LEFT THEM IN FOR 3WKS...ALL I HAD WAS A TANGLED, MANGLED, DREADED HOT *** MESS!!!!:nono:

chellero

Wife Supremacist
scarcity - how do you deep condition while your hair is in twists? It seems like it would be impossible to rinse the dc out of my hair afterwards....

scarcity21

scarcity - how do you deep condition while your hair is in twists? It seems like it would be impossible to rinse the dc out of my hair afterwards....
Chellero...i try not to make my DC too thick...but u rinse in the shower....just let the water run until clear....HTH