Crown and Glory Technique

garr6982

Well after contemplating getting Braids, I was shopping around and met a girl who does two-strand twist extensions. She also had them and told me the type of hair I should get if I wanted them done. I found 100% Toyokalon "Marley Braid". It has a beautiful 4a/4b texture, with a few coils and crinkles so I got it since I wanted more natural looking hair for my natural hair! She did the twists on Monday and I have not stopped getting compliments!

/images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

It is so awesome how God answers even what we think are the most insignificant prayers! /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

After going to http://www.growafrohairlong.com, I've decided to try the two year braids-in-braids-out technique and measure my results!

What I don't get is since I have had great results with keeping my hair in braids before, why didn't I just stick to it??
/images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

I apologize for telling yall how nice my hair looks and I have yet to post (how annoying huh) /images/graemlins/spank.gif!

As soon as I can get my digital working properly, I will post pics with twists, and my hair down and keep you guys updated on how the crown and glory technique is progressing!

By the way, has anybody else besides Den1 tried or is presently using this technique?

Peachyqueen/Garr6982

Tara

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
garr6982 said:
Well after contemplating getting Braids, I was shopping around and met a girl who does two-strand twist extensions. She also had them and told me the type of hair I should get if I wanted them done. I found 100% Toyokalon "Marley Braid". It has a beautiful 4a/4b texture, with a few coils and crinkles so I got it since I wanted more natural looking hair for my natural hair! She did the twists on Monday and I have not stopped getting compliments!

/images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

It is so awesome how God answers even what we think are the most insignificant prayers! /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

After going to http://www.growafrohairlong.com, I've decided to try the two year braids-in-braids-out technique and measure my results!

What I don't get is since I have had great results with keeping my hair in braids before, why didn't I just stick to it??
/images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

I apologize for telling yall how nice my hair looks and I have yet to post (how annoying huh) /images/graemlins/spank.gif!

As soon as I can get my digital working properly, I will post pics with twists, and my hair down and keep you guys updated on how the crown and glory technique is progressing!

By the way, has anybody else besides Den1 tried or is presently using this technique?

Peachyqueen/Garr6982

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl that is great about the twists!! And God is good indeed!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm glad to hear that your twists came out terrific. /images/graemlins/dance7.gif And girl, don't beat yourself up too much over the "I knew braids worked but why didn't I stick with it" thing. I think we all at some point or another have strayed from what works only to come back to it. At least you are back on the right track now.

If this is your first post, welcome to the board. The ladies here are some of the most positive I've seen in a while and the knowledge here is amazing.

Please keep us posted on how the C&amp;G technique is working for you.

LondonDiva

Congrats on your new hair do Garr. I wanna see the pics now after that post. Girl do tell about how nice your hair looks, you feel good, so shout it from the rooftops if need be. But remember if you do, grab that silk scarf and braid spray girl cause it sure is windy up there.