Crown & Glory Challenge 2014

Evolving78

i want to join!
i am currently installing senegalese twists. hopefully i will be done in the next two days. (this is my first time and i have to take a lot of breaks due to having a baby and two rugrats)
i am relaxed and ear length.
i plan on keeping the twists in for 8 weeks.
i will use my Creme Of Nature Leave-in spray an a braid spray,
i will wash my hair once a week or as needed,
once i remove these, i will wash, dc, and install again. i know i will have some new growth.
i plan to do this throughout the year until i can get my hair to SL. i may where my hair out for a spell to give it a rest from the twists/braids.

i am so happy i am learning how to do this, and not spend crazy money, or set aside time to sit in a shop for hours, worrying about a babysitter.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Checking in, it's been a lil over two weeks since I installed my extensions and I love the ease of having them. I really hope I can keep this going for the rest of the year. So far I've been spraying Fenugreek tea and rosewater daily. I'm also going to add rosemary tea to the mixture for circulation.

mshoneyfly

Checking in! I finished my yarn braids Friday night and Im mostly wearing them in a bun. People at work have been asking me to do theirs :nono: No time for that.

Ive been oiling my scalp with JBCO and Vatika oil mix and spraying the scalp with Palmers strengthening LI spray. My hair loves the keratin in this stuff.

I will only wash with an ACV rinse and condition with a catnip/licorice root tea rinse. Might try a coconut water rinse too for added strength. Here are some pics:

image-4244662262.jpg

image-2411152593.jpg

image-3849727694.jpg

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:

Austro-Afrikana

I spent 4 weeks out of braids - two weeks wearing a twist out and two weeks in a donut bun. I put braids back in yesterday. Here are my measurements before installing:

Front: 17 inches
Middle: 21 inches
Back: 19 inches
Sides: 18 inches

sgold04

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I didn't want to search through the entire thread...can this be done with Havana twists? The stylist blow dried my hair before the install and I'm afraid my hair will come out the twist if I wet it.

Sweet_Ambrosia

:bump:

I'd like to join.
I plan on wearing Senegalese/Kinky Twist for the rest of the year, by then my hair most likely will be full waist-length. My hair currently is mbl/grazing waist-lengthish (again) I will install my first set over the weekend and plan to leave them in for 8-10 weeks.

mshoneyfly

Took my braids down a week ago and did a henna and texturizer TU. I also did a protein treatment.

I biught my first wig and I love it. Hair is in 8 cornrows under the wig. I got a lot of NG but not sure how much I retained due to protein overload.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Shalay11

Took out my 11 week sew in got some growth .. Treated my hair and now in kinky twist crochet braids .. Hoping they last me until I finish my two new bottles of hairfinity. Trying to make full bsl by the end of summer image-804200859.jpg Recent pic

Old pic image-1577797453.jpg

image-361830808.jpg

baddison

natural for good
I would love to join this Crown & Glory challenge. I am currently transitioning and want to do it successfully using braids. I'm self-braiding, and will keep braid in for 3 weeks, remove, henna, DC, and rest for 1week. then back in braids again. I absolutely do not want to cut my hair, just trim bit-by-bit until I'm all natural. I'm thinking 2 years in order to get sufficient growth without missing my length.

Attachments

• 20140419_200322.jpg
    20140419_200322.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 20140419_200330.jpg
    20140419_200330.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Austro-Afrikana

Took my braids out. Here are my measurements:

Front: 17.5 inches
Middle: 21 inches
Back: 19 inches
Sides: 18.5 inches

I am getting really frustrated. I have been this length for too long.

lovestarr

I've been slacking with posting but got crochet braids 3 weeks ago and will keep in for 4 more. Here is how the look. This is my go to quick protective style.

Attachments

• image-779221050.jpg
    image-779221050.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 122

mshoneyfly

baddison
Nice braid pattern! I can tell your hair is nice and thick and your edges look great too. I need to take the time to do smaller braids under my wig

I LOVE this HHJ!!

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I have been wearing a head full of box braids lately. I am going to stick with this.

baddison

natural for good
@baddison
Nice braid pattern! I can tell your hair is nice and thick and your edges look great too. I need to take the time to do smaller braids under my wig

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Thanks....it only took about 3.5 hours. I'd say that's not to bad for self-braiding. Next time, I'll see if I can even cut it down to 3hours or less. :spinning:

nubiennze

:peek: Am I too late?

I plan to 100% PS for the next 3 years or so until I reach a full, healthy MBL/WL. I just did a deep cut from about CBL to NL after an especially neglectful period with half wigs. :ohwell: They enable my hair laziness, so I'll be avoiding them for a while.

I'm about to install loc extensions, which will hopefully become my go-to style. (This will be my first time doing them, so I'll have to see how I like them on me and whether the installation process is worthwhile.) I'll alternate them with box braids, Marley/Havana twists, crochet braids, and cornrows under full wigs as needed/desired.

Gr8ness83

Here is an updated pic of my hair after 4 months in braids. I'll have to look for the other pics I posted on here before I installed then. I just changed phones and I don't have the first pics

ForumRunner_20140517_170740.jpg

Gr8ness83

I hope this shows up okay. This is from early Jan

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140517_171206.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140517_171206.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 104

Shalay11

Here is an updated pic of my hair after 4 months in braids. I'll have to look for the other pics I posted on here before I installed then. I just changed phones and I don't have the first pics

Your hair looks like it grew a lot with the 4 months of braids !

beauti

still in my twists....will redo the front half of my head next week in a bright color in box braids for the summer

Gr8ness83

Shalay11, Yes it has grown a LOT and whats even better is that I have retained all of it. I keep comparing it to how my hair was last year, which was super thin and about the same length to the way it is now which is much thicker and just a tad longer and I get a little discouraged but then I realize that Reneice cut about 2-3" of hair and I trimmed about 2 inches from September to January. I am actually doing much better than expected. I currently have my hair in crocet braids and I will keep them in for another 6-8 weeks (I've had them in for 1 week so far). After that I will get loc extensions most likely..... I'll make sure I update when I can!

beauti

wow a lot has happened since my last post. I big chopped June 28th at 21 months post. My style of choice (and pretty much all I can do) is a bun

Gr8ness83

Progress from loc extensions that were installed December 3rd, 2015. They have been in for 6 weeks. I wqs feeling like my hair wasn't growing any. Glad to see that is not the case.

Attachments

• collage_20150117181631052_20150117191443114.jpg
    collage_20150117181631052_20150117191443114.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

julzinha

Bump Bump!! I'm on a C&G challenge from April 2015 to May 2016. So far so good. I think the key is to stay consistent