Crucified with Christ, No longer I...Dead to Self

LucieLoo12

Galatians 2:20

King James Version (KJV)

20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Crucify-to mortify, to put to death.

I have been thinking about this scripture alot lately. I desire the will of God in my life. I desire the presence, power and glory of God in my life. I want to experience the fullness of God and I want all that God has for me. But its something that I must FIRST do, and that is.....die.

die-to pass out of existence, to cease functioning,disappear or subside gradually.

I am not talking about physically but just simply dying out to myself. Alicia..thats who has to die, so Christ can live in me. Everything Alicia has taught herself to be. I have to die out to mindsets, opinions, attitudes whatever else it may be.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Paul Washer said once, "The most free person in the world, is the one who has a master or a owner"..thats because he doesnt have to figure anything out or provide for himself, but just simply do what he is told. I look at Moses , Ezekiel, Paul, David ect and I marvel at the realtionship they had with God,the way God used them, they obedience to God. But the common denominator they all had was that they were dead to self. They were vessels for the Lord, not just on Sundays or Wednesdays or Prayer nite, but EVERY second of the day they made themselves available to God.They didnt care nothing about their lives but simply thrived off the presence of God. Moses and Abraham, left their families to do the will of God, even when they didnt understand it because their love for God was beyond the love of thier family.

As Christ hung on the cross and was crucified..I hang my desires, my feelings, everything I think or thought I was, on the cross, so that Christ may live in me.NO justification of myself. I can't hold on to nothing about me. He said those that are in Christ is a new creature. If I'm new doesnt that mean I have to learn everything all over again? He said my righteousness is as filthy rags, so I will pursue after the full righteousness of God then.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Deny-to refuse to agree or accede to,to withhold something from, or refuse to grant a request of,to refuse to recognize or acknowledge

No putting God's name on MY desires making it His desires. But His desires will become MY desires. No presumptousness, but I will fall on my face and seek Him while He is able to be found. And I will find Him, and as I am seeking for Him, He purge me, He will wash me, He will restore me. He will cleanse my heart of those things that people may not see. Not only will he cleanse me of all sin, but He will even take away the residue so that it may be as though it was never there.

Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

It's not talking about materialistic things per say. But its just means anything that you feel that holds value in your life. Whether it be your looks, your charm, your pride, your ambitions ect.

I'm selling at that I have and count all things dung that I may win Him.
I will find Him.The scripture said If you seek, you will find Him. it didnt say you have a sought Him and found Him. That means its a CONTINUAL thing that as to be done.

But He can and will be found...
Paul Washer once said, Run to Jesus and dont look back.

Thats what I am doing, running and not looking back...

Jeremiah 29
11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
No one said it was easy...thanks for sharing that. It's funny you posted this; I'd received a good Word last night about the Lord's Prayer and the significance of "Thy Will be done..." It's not so much asking God's will for the entire world, as it is a Child of His petitioning to Him that His Will be done in their life..The Lord's Prayer is a prayer of submission...saying Yes to the Father.

Iwanthealthyhair67

dieing is much like repentance in that it's constant

Moses and go's relationship is the one that I most admire God spoke to him face to face

Galatians 2:20

King James Version (KJV)

20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Crucify-to mortify, to put to death.

I have been thinking about this scripture alot lately. I desire the will of God in my life. I desire the presence, power and glory of God in my life. I want to experience the fullness of God and I want all that God has for me. But its something that I must FIRST do, and that is.....die.

die-to pass out of existence, to cease functioning,disappear or subside gradually.

I am not talking about physically but just simply dying out to myself. Alicia..thats who has to die, so Christ can live in me. Everything Alicia has taught herself to be. I have to die out to mindsets, opinions, attitudes whatever else it may be.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Paul Washer said once, "The most free person in the world, is the one who has a master or a owner"..thats because he doesnt have to figure anything out or provide for himself, but just simply do what he is told. I look at Moses , Ezekiel, Paul, David ect and I marvel at the realtionship they had with God,the way God used them, they obedience to God. But the common denominator they all had was that they were dead to self. They were vessels for the Lord, not just on Sundays or Wednesdays or Prayer nite, but EVERY second of the day they made themselves available to God.They didnt care nothing about their lives but simply thrived off the presence of God. Moses and Abraham, left their families to do the will of God, even when they didnt understand it because their love for God was beyond the love of thier family.

As Christ hung on the cross and was crucified..I hang my desires, my feelings, everything I think or thought I was, on the cross, so that Christ may live in me.NO justification of myself. I can't hold on to nothing about me. He said those that are in Christ is a new creature. If I'm new doesnt that mean I have to learn everything all over again? He said my righteousness is as filthy rags, so I will pursue after the full righteousness of God then.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Deny-to refuse to agree or accede to,to withhold something from, or refuse to grant a request of,to refuse to recognize or acknowledge

No putting God's name on MY desires making it His desires. But His desires will become MY desires. No presumptousness, but I will fall on my face and seek Him while He is able to be found. And I will find Him, and as I am seeking for Him, He purge me, He will wash me, He will restore me. He will cleanse my heart of those things that people may not see. Not only will he cleanse me of all sin, but He will even take away the residue so that it may be as though it was never there.

Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

It's not talking about materialistic things per say. But its just means anything that you feel that holds value in your life. Whether it be your looks, your charm, your pride, your ambitions ect.

I'm selling at that I have and count all things dung that I may win Him.
I will find Him.The scripture said If you seek, you will find Him. it didnt say you have a sought Him and found Him. That means its a CONTINUAL thing that as to be done.

But He can and will be found...
Paul Washer once said, Run to Jesus and dont look back.

Thats what I am doing, running and not looking back...

Jeremiah 29
11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.