Curlers&Rods - what types are the healthiest?

Innocent_Kiss

I've done a lot of research and decided to finally purchase The Microwaveable Heat Cap for deep conditioning and styling. I figured I could use steam for deep co's and styling in the place of hooded dryers and flat ironing. I'll be using a lot of different types of curlers and rods for different hair styles. I might want to roller set for body or jazz up a bun with two shirley temple curls. What types of curls and rods are the healthiest? I've never used any in the past because I've always used flat irons and heat curlers. I understand some types can snag and pull your hair causing breakage. Please recommend some!

Thanks

calbear

If you are working with dry hair - the Hype Hair Satin Rollers work well without pulling out hair. They look like regular sponge rollers but they have a protective satin sleeve over it (like a satib pillow). I've used them quite a bit now and haven't had any problems.

Kha

[ QUOTE ]
calbear said:
If you are working with dry hair - the Hype Hair Satin Rollers work well without pulling out hair. They look like regular sponge rollers but they have a protective satin sleeve over it (like a satib pillow). I've used them quite a bit now and haven't had any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA
Those Hype Hair rollers are wonderful! I'm going to have to try those Caruso rollers everyone seems to talk about. Are they steam rollers?

LEOLADYSW

Yes the Caruso rollers are steam rollers. I prefer the Vidal Sassoon ion steam curlers myself though. I gave away my Caruso set.

pink_flower

[ QUOTE ]
LEOLADYSW said:
Yes the Caruso rollers are steam rollers. I prefer the Vidal Sassoon ion steam curlers myself though. I gave away my Caruso set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooooo Im so glad you said that. I was just about to send you a pm asking which do you prefer. Now Im hunt for those rollers...Thanks!

Kha

[ QUOTE ]
LEOLADYSW said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I have that Caruso set...not sure where it is though but I may just have to dig that out. I'll also be on the lookout for those Vidal Sasoon ones for my Mom.

Kha

Woo HOO...looks like a gift for someone I know!! Thanks!
They are very reasonably priced too.

A_Christian

Magnetic rollers are great in terms of hair health because they don't pull or snag hair. I got the grey and purple ones from Sally Beauty Supply and the pink ones with the snap on cover (Walmart, Target, and Walgreens etc... carry those).