Curlformer Results..

MsLizziA

I absouletly LOVE these things! This is actually only my third time doing them on my hair and each time i got better at them

1st try: Only used 40 curlformers, tons of frizz, didnt last long at all. Airdried

2nd try: Used 80 curlformer, smaller section, used naturalista cosmetics juicy leave-in and water. Lasted longer than the first time but only for about 1 day. The humidity got to it.Air dried

3rd try(this time): Used about 90 Curlformers, much smaller sections, used naturalista cosmetics juicy leave- in,water, and ampro alcohol free gel. Sat under the hair dryer because i had somewhere to go but was only under there for about 30 mins and it was dry. I only used the gel on the parts of my hair that tend to not take in texture too well and it worked great.
Finshed the set with Mizani Anti-Humidity Spray... i am now on day 4 of this set :grin::grin:

Tutorial here! : http://youtu.be/L3GoSVlPX-E

Last edited:

Nonie

Cute!!! How many Curlformers did you use MsLizziA? I love how thick your hair is so that the fullness makes it not obviouse that you didn't separate the curls. When there are gaps, it's more obvious, yanno?

And I can't get over how much your hair has grown. :notworthy

drmuffin

Very Gorg! I still have to use my Curlformers…my hair's still very short though. :sad: One of these days it will look at good as yours!

Nonie

Thanks! I used 90 of them lol

:up: Good going! :yep: The more of them you use, the better the results, IMO. I think I used 80 when I did mine. I had 20 left so whenever I use them again, I'm going for the whole 100. :giggle:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Very pretty; I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just order these. How long did it take to get all 90 curlers in your hair?

Nonie

Very Gorg! I still have to use my Curlformers…my hair's still very short though. :sad: One of these days it will look at good as yours!

@drmuffin, you shouldn't let the length of your hair stop you from using them. I used them on my mom's TWA and the look was really cute. The images didn't do it justice but it looked like she'd rollerset her natural hair:

Before:

After I didn't think to take a closeup till at night and obviously the image isn't that sharp--but hopefully the photo taken from a distance earlier in the day give you an idea:

AtlantaJJ

Oh my your results are so awesome, your hair is so thick and beautiful. I might need to dust my curlformers off for Thanksgiving...:scratchch

SimJam

lorks that looks good!!!!

hmm guess that means I need to buy another set of curlformers

drmuffin

Thanks Nonie. I tried them a long time ago and I really didn't like how they looked. My hair has grown since and I'm thinking I'm gonna give em a try again.

Blairx0

90? Good goodness. I thought I was doing something with 30. Guess it is back to ebay for another pack or four!

vmerie

Undercover superhero
It turned out very pretty! I don't have any curling tools but curlformers look like so much work compared to flexi rods. Anyone used both? Which would you prefer?

reeko43

This is so pretty! I have never used my curlformers. Looking at your hair may inspire me enough to try them

Nonie

What kind of curlformers will I need for this length of hair????

View attachment 176681

LoveBeautyKisses, I say go for the long. Even for my mom with her TWA, I got the long coz they can work for both short and long so if she ever changed her mind and wanted to use them later, she could still use them.

Whether to get the narrow or wide depends on what look you like. If you like big curls, go for the wide. If you like small ones go for the narrow. Of course for people with really long hair, long and wide would be best.

I have the long and narrow and that's what I used on my extensions here:

Below is one my favorite Curlformer looks and her hair might be as long as yours. She looks like she used wide:

LoveBeautyKisses

LoveBeautyKisses, I say go for the long. Even for my mom with her TWA, I got the long coz they can work for both short and long so if she ever changed her mind and wanted to use them later, she could still use them.

Whether to get the narrow or wide depends on what look you like. If you like big curls, go for the wide. If you like small ones go for the narrow. Of course for people with really long hair, long and wide would be best.

I have the long and narrow and that's what I used on my extensions here:

Below is one my favorite Curlformer looks and her hair might be as long as yours. She looks like she used wide:

Thanks Nonie

Guess I'll get long in wide then. Those curls are beautiful

bluevalentine

beautiful results!!!! but i dont think i would ever have enough patience to put 90 rollers in my hair.....taint no way lol. curlformers had me about to cut my hair off, my technique was severely lacking