Curlformer Users: Tell me something......

ACEA

Are you all using these on damp or wet hair? Do you air dry or sit under the dryer? I was in Sally's yesterday purchasing some goodies, with the coupon that fnggrant so graciously provided us with. I noticed the curlformers and thought to myself, " they couldn't possibly work." Low and behold, I get in last night and there are multiple post about them. So I went to sally's today, after the coupon's expiration, of course, and purchased 3 packs. For those of you who don't know, they are $10.99 a pack. There are 8 per pack and they come in all different lenghts & widths. I got 2 long & wide packs and 1 short & wide. For the first time, I was thankful my hair was so thin and I didn't have to buy more than 3 packs. I plan on trying them tomorrow. I don't know how to add things to the signature section of post, but I'll try to add a pic. As if you ladies haven't seen enough curlformer photos.

Last edited:

morehairplease

Are you all using these on damp or wet hair? Do you air dry or sit under the dryer? I was in Sally's yesterday purchasing some goodies, with the coupon that fnggrant so graciously provided us with. I noticed the curlformers and thought to myself, " they couldn't possibly work." Low and behold, I get in last night and there are multiple post about them. So I went to sally's today, after the coupon's expiration, of course, and purchased 3 packs. For those of you who don't know, they are $10.99 a pack. There are 8 per pack and they come in all different lenghts & widths. I got 2 long & wide packs and 1 short & wide. For the first time, I was thankful my hair was so thin and I didn't have to buy more than 3 packs. I plan on trying them tomorrow. I don't know how to add things to the signature section of post, but I'll try to add a pic. As if you ladies haven't seen enough curlformer photos.

thanks for sharing this b/c I was wondering how much they cost.

wow that's a lot per/pack! But it's probably worth the investment if you do a lot of flexi or spiral curl sets...which I do....still i might have to wait for another coupon before investing also I think it might be a better bargain to get the kit...you know with 40 curlers and the rod etc included...that one is about $50.00 or so.

Dposh167

lol i actually have them in right now.

i put them on damp hair. I wanted to sit under the dryer but its too late so i'm gonna sleep in them and take em out 2morrow.

lol i actually have them in right now.

i put them on damp hair. I wanted to sit under the dryer but its too late so i'm gonna sleep in them and take em out 2morrow.

poochie can you post pictures after you finish with this set please???? I am actually a fan of your fotki and you and I have a very similar hair texture. Actually I think it was you who inspired me to try the molasses treatment let alone your spectacular 13-week post flat iron using cera repair. Let us know how it turns out!!!

ACEA

We'll ladies I ended up returning to Sally's and exchanging for the long and narrow size. I used one pack and stopped for 2 reasons. First, because my hair came out the the other end. I hadn't realize my hair was that long. And secondingly, I'm 12 weeks post and the hook used to pull the hair through the curler kept getting tangled between the relaxed and virgin hair. This made it difficult to get the curlformer right up to the root. By the time the hook reached the end of the roller, some hairs were yanked out. I've never had the magic touch when it comes to rollersetting. I used rods to do the rest of my hair. The part the done with the curlformers looked weird because of the two different hair textures. This method is not for me. Do you ladies think Sally's will take back the open pack?