Curlformers - Roller size and number per pack

anon123

Hey all,

I was thinking of getting curlformers for myself. For those who have used them, can you tell me

1) What sizes you used

2) How many you used of each size

3) How long your hair is

4) If your hair is dense or sparse

5) If you are natural or relaxed.

Also, I'm looking on Sally's website at the different packages of rollers and it doesn't seem to say how many come in each pack. From what I can tell, the bigger the roller, the fewer you get in each pack. But I'd like to know how many per pack still. Thanks!

eta: the size options seem to be: short and narrow, short and wide, long and narrow, long and wide, extra long and wide, extra wide and long.

Last edited:

HeavenlySkies

I have the extra long and narrow ones they come with 8 or 10 in each. I know the short and narrow has 10 in the pack. I used about 4 packs on my friends hair whose hair is thin and curly/wavy and passed shoulder length but not apl.

Last edited:

Fine 4s

I have the extra long and narrow ones they come with 8 or 10 in each. I know the short and narrow has 10 in the pack.

What color is the long and narrow and what color is the short and narrow?
Assuming they all have a color associated with the size. This way I can't make an error buying the wrong size...well, less likely :)

clever

QUOTE=mwedzi;5846175]Hey all,

I was thinking of getting curlformers for myself. For those who have used them, can you tell me

1) What sizes you used

extra long & wide I believe.I used the salon kit.

I used 44 all together.

3) How long your hair is
between bsl/mid back

dense

natural

Its been a while since I've used these but I think I either need a longer size or more rollers.I had to use two on alot of sections and in some places the curls looked funny because I had thick pieces of hair jammed in there.

noemi

Hey all,

1) What sizes you used

long and narrow and Extra long and wide (blue/green and pink/orange)

I purchased 6 packs of blue/green and 4 of pink/orange

3) How long your hair is

APL-BSL haven't measured in a while

Dense

I've been transitioning for a almost a year next month.

Also, I'm looking on Sally's website at the different packages of rollers and it doesn't seem to say how many come in each pack. From what I can tell, the bigger the roller, the fewer you get in each pack. But I'd like to know how many per pack still. Thanks!
True, which is why I bought the blue/green packs because it was 8 to a pack versus 6 in a pack of pink/orange

eta: the size options seem to be: short and narrow, short and wide, long and narrow, long and wide, extra long and wide, extra wide and long.

My responses are in red.

TexturedTresses

What will happen if your hair is short and you use the extra long. I want to get them for me and my cousin. Her hair is shoulder lenght, mine is tip of bsl. Would extra long work for both of us?

diligence

Hey all,

1) What sizes you used

3) How long your hair is

Mwedzi, I am excited to hear that you might try these. My hair is a lot like yours and I would love to see how curlformers work on your hair. I'm in braids long-term right now so it will be a while before I get the chance to try them. I hope they work great!

thaidreams

1) What sizes you used

Small and long formers (standard size)

4 small formers for the top of my head and 42 med. size long formers on the rest of head

3) How long your hair is

MBL

Dense

Natural

ImFree27

Hey all,

1) What sizes you used I use the larger ones when I want bigger curls and I use the smaller ones when I want tighter curls. The Tigher the curl, the longer it lasts

2) How many you used of each size The shorter ones has like 8 and the longer ones has 10 so I get both sizes and I use like 4 bags to do my whole head sometimes 5

3) How long your hair is APL

4) If your hair is dense or sparse I don't know what dense or sparse means but its natural

5) If you are natural or relaxed. natural (I have pics in my fotki folder of the curlformers)

Answers in Red...

HeavenlySkies

What color is the long and narrow and what color is the short and narrow?
Assuming they all have a color associated with the size. This way I can't make an error buying the wrong size...well, less likely :)

both are blue and green. On the sallys site it shows the count in the pack under quantity.​

Nonie

Can you use these with short natural hair? My hair isn't shoulder length yet.

Absolutely! I used them on my mom's hair and she's got about 4 or 5 inches TWA stretched. We used short and narrow on wet hair and just air-dried.

The pre-Curlformers pic is of course to the right while the after pic is to the left:

ETA: My mom's hair is 4B.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Good thread. I just wanna know if my hair is too long to use these things. And using two per hair strand is not an option for me so don't even mention it:lachen::drunk:.

anon123

Thanks for the replies. What I think I might do is go by Sally's and get the hook and a couple packs of different sizes and go home and try them out and then get enough to do my whole head. I'm thinking the long and narrow might be good for me since I know I'm going to have to do small sections anyway, so why get the wide?

Nonie

Good thread. I just wanna know if my hair is too long to use these things. And using two per hair strand is not an option for me so don't even mention it:lachen::drunk:.

I'm sure they can work for you Pokahontas. Either the Extra Wide and Long, or Extra Long and Wide. This chick seems to have long hair:

Pssst...

Check out Queen_t's album. :sekret: