Curlformers... The Big Return

bouncy

I've kept mine. I haven't given up completely but....

One thought I did have is do my regular 2 strand twists and then curl the twists??

UPDATE! A CURLFORMER REPRIEVE!!!

I did it and I really like it. It was easy getting the twists through the curlformers (easier than getting my natural hair through). I think this is going to be a great staple for me. It will be a great way to refresh my hair and style without having to take out the twists.

Curlformers, I think I love you :blowkiss:

Attachments

• smiley curlformers.jpg
    smiley curlformers.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 33
  • twisted curlformers.jpg
    twisted curlformers.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 39

bouncy

I think medium to long. It is forming a spiral curl, so there needs to be some length. The shortest roller is ~4in long.

LadyKaypnyc

You two look like 4-something naturals. How do you maintain your set overnight?

Lys

I used Jane Carter's LIquid gel to set, then I fashioned each curl into loose pin curls, put on my bonnet and went to bed. When i woke up, I took out the pins and fluffed. My curls were never better :grin:

Next time I use em, I'll make a video on how I maintain them.

Monigirl

For those of you who are returning and accidentally threw away the packaging you can and should to sell them on Ebay. Very easy to do.

OT: I have sold used La-Rosche Acne Face Wash on Ebay and got 40 bucks for it. :yep: I couldn't believe it!!

Isis

It seems like those returning the Curlformers are doing so because they don't know how to use it or they don't know how to maintain the curls. I have a feeling there are benefits to these not yet discovered...

MizAvalon

It seems like those returning the Curlformers are doing so because they don't know how to use it or they don't know how to maintain the curls. I have a feeling there are benefits to these not yet discovered...

Agreed. I have seen a lot of posts about hair being pulled out. If that is happening, you are not doing it correctly.

I know exactly what everyone means about the style not lasting though because I have that same problem myself. I'm still trying to work that out.:ohwell:

Still not returning those Curlformers though!:grin:

texasqt

I kept mine and I've used them several times since. I love 'em! At night I put the curls on top of my head and in the morning I shake and go. I can wear them for almost a full week. I'll take pics next time to show how the curls fall and what not over time. I hadn't had any problems with snagging hair except once and that was when I was rushing to remove the roller. I didn't slide it out correctly. The only other set back I see is as my hair continues growing its going to start hanging out the bottom of the roller. I don't see buying a second set for that.

MizAvalon

I kept mine and I've used them several times since. I love 'em! At night I put the curls on top of my head and in the morning I shake and go. I can wear them for almost a full week. I'll take pics next time to show how the curls fall and what not over time. I hadn't had any problems with snagging hair except once and that was when I was rushing to remove the roller. I didn't slide it out correctly. The only other set back I see is as my hair continues growing its going to start hanging out the bottom of the roller. I don't see buying a second set for that.

I originally had the Long and Wide and my hair hung out of the bottom so I got the Extra Long and those are perfect. I don't think I would keep spending money and going up in sizes though.:nono:

Monigirl

If you look at QueenT's fotki album you would not want to return your curlformers. LOL!!:grin: That is the truth! :yep:

Sorry QueenT :look:

FindingMe

I am keeping mine. I have relaxed hair and my flexi-rods can do the same thing, though...

I just did a review of them in my FOTKI...

Still keeping them for when I stretch (and possibly transition...):lachen:

Blu217

I like mine and won't return them; they work well. I think it's important to keep in mind what they do and don't do, though.

For a lot of us (depending on where we live and what salons we go to) we'd pay as much for this one-time style done professionally as we do for the tools to do the same style on our own time, anytime we want. That makes them worth it for me.

As for keeping the curls, I've found magnetic rollers turned vertically work very, very well. It won't preserve the same perfection you get the first day, but it definitely keeps the general look going strong all week. My hair has good "memory" and I find after a week of wearing spirals my hair will continue an inclination to curl in that direction even after a wash and regular set with plastic rollers.

I've never thought spirals were meant to function the same as a regular rollerset--rod sets, curlformers... those styles are just not as durable or flexible as a regular rollerset so I didn't expect anything other than what I got with them--and I get endless compliments everytime I style with them, so it's working for me. I'm OK with they do and don't do, and I love my CFs!