Curlformers Warning!

Jessica Rabbit

Sorry to hear this. I had a great experience with them. Tenjoy watched me do a few and then joined in the fun. She pointed out (and it's very true) that you need to make sure that you are not twisting your wrist when pulling the hair through. We noticed that this was something that we were doing when my hair was having difficulty with the curlformers.

MissRissa

Prettyface, what sallys did u go to? I went to one in Largo and one in New Carrollton and neither one had them. I still want to try them even though I have really thin fragile hair cause the beauty shop situation is not going well right now.

If I have too much trouble, I shall be giving Serenity a nice PM.

texasqt

I used the Perm Stabilizer product that she suggested. I mixed it with water, used it to set the rollers. I was even able to use a fine tooth comb and the comb just glided through my hair. No othr product does this for me.

When doing a traditional rollerset, I tend to lose lots of hair. Not this time. When I finished setting the curlformers, I had only lost maybe 5 hairs which appears to be shedded hairs. I'm so thrilled because they worked for me after struggling at first. One thing that you "must" do: make sure your hair is wet! Better to be as wet as possible. That way, you don't get the hook caught in.

ITA with the above. I did mine last night and will be posting pics soon. I didn't have any problems getting them in. To set, I made sure each section was dripping wet and smoothed with a small-tooth comb before I attached the hook. And I twisted not only the roots but the entire length of the hair to keep the strands together. This prevented any snagging while pulling thru.

Now, I did have about 3 or 4 strands to get caught on a curlformer because there was a snag in the opening. The hairs came out while I was removing the curlformer (and rushing) so after that one I made sure I followed the removing directions (both hands and slowly) and I didn't lose any more. So, definitely check and make sure there aren't any snags on the curlformer itself.

OP, you are definitely right - if anyone feels like they are pulling too hard or their hair is snagging, then yes, something is wrong and no one should proceed until they can figure out what it is. Its not worth ripping your hair out :nono:

BeautifulFlower

Yeah, HairFlair completed neglected Maryland. I had the girl at the New Carrollton call EVERY Sally's in Maryland. I got mine from the one in Clinton. After I brought mine there was only one blue and green (long and narrow) left. They didnt have alot in the front unless they had more in the back. Try calling first. It will save alot of time. I did make a request to the girl at the New Carrollton one to let their manager know to get these things in stock.

LOL, its funny. The sales associate was like what are these things? Everyone is asking for them. I was like, "LHCF"!:lachen:

Prettyface, what sallys did u go to? I went to one in Largo and one in New Carrollton and neither one had them. I still want to try them even though I have really thin fragile hair cause the beauty shop situation is not going well right now.

If I have too much trouble, I shall be giving Serenity a nice PM.

BeautifulFlower

ITA with the above. I did mine last night and will be posting pics soon. I didn't have any problems getting them in. To set, I made sure each section was dripping wet and smoothed with a small-tooth comb before I attached the hook. And I twisted not only the roots but the entire length of the hair to keep the strands together. This prevented any snagging while pulling thru.

Now, I did have about 3 or 4 strands to get caught on a curlformer because there was a snag in the opening. The hairs came out while I was removing the curlformer (and rushing) so after that one I made sure I followed the removing directions (both hands and slowly) and I didn't lose any more. So, definitely check and make sure there aren't any snags on the curlformer itself.

OP, you are definitely right - if anyone feels like they are pulling too hard or their hair is snagging, then yes, something is wrong and no one should proceed until they can figure out what it is. Its not worth ripping your hair out :nono:

And the thing is, you wont know your hair came out until the rest of the hair has came through. And because the hair is wet so it wont make a sound. When I finally got it through, there was hair hanging out the Curlformer. I first think OH NO this one is too short...LOL.....yeah right....

SparklingFlame

Yeah, HairFlair completed neglected Maryland. I had the girl at the New Carrollton call EVERY Sally's in Maryland. I got mine from the one in Clinton. After I brought mine there was only one blue and green (long and narrow) left. They didnt have alot in the front unless they had more in the back. Try calling first. It will save alot of time. I did make a request to the girl at the New Carrollton one to let their manager know to get these things in stock.

LOL, its funny. The sales associate was like what are these things? Everyone is asking for them. I was like, "LHCF"!:lachen:
I know right? :lachen:

noemi

I don't know about all that. I bought my CFs in PG County, Mont Co, Baltimore Co. and Baltimore City...

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings

:lachen:These curlformers are getting me in trouble! At work today I saw a parent with curls that looked EXACTLY like others' pics of curls with the curlformers so I told her I loved her curls and asked her if she used Curlformers. The next thing I know she has whipped off her ponytail and proceeded to explain how to attach it with a comb. I was like ummmm:blush:... well like I said it looks beautiful !

Songbirdb

yeah girl, i've been pulling and snagging like crazy. I can't seem to get this right. I finally got them in but I lost alot of hair and my ends look chewed. This could have been the case before but now they look worse. I'm so bummed because I would love to perfect these, but I'm not willing to lose hair in the process.