curlformers

MissRissa

anybody still using them? anybody ever able to use 2 curlformers on one section of hair successfully without ripping all their hair out?

I want the long and extra wide, but i think my hair may be just a little too long. i read somewhere that you can put two on one section but i just wanted to make sure it wasn't an urban legend.

Solitude

um...not sure if my review is a good one because I only used mine once. They took forever to put in, they were heavy and too hard to sleep in. I felt like I had to be ripping my hair when I pulled it through with that little hook thing, and the big set did not have enough rollers for my whole head. They're sitting in my hair closet....oh, and my curls didn't last. I used foam wrap lotion; if I ever try them again, I'll use a setting lotion like KeraCare or lottabody.

tapioca_pudding

I still use them and love them :yep: My hair has never been long enough to use two, but I've def heard of ladies using two on a section due to them not being long enough.

If you're having problems with them ripping your hair (or if you feel like it's hard to tug the latch hook thru), try putting less hair in each section. Typically that only happens when you're trying to put too much hair into one curlformer.

HTH>> :)

MissRissa

thanks yall. i have the long and narrow and i've used them before. the first two times took me a really long time and i snagged my hair more than a dozen times, just had to get the hang of it. i'm thinking about using it as my winter styler but i dont like the thin curls which is why i want the extra wide. according to the website, it says you can double up but im a fan of seeing is believing because threading through one can be tricky, so im kind of scared of 2.

Solitude

I still use them and love them :yep: My hair has never been long enough to use two, but I've def heard of ladies using two on a section due to them not being long enough.

If you're having problems with them ripping your hair (or if you feel like it's hard to tug the latch hook thru), try putting less hair in each section. Typically that only happens when you're trying to put too much hair into one curlformer.

HTH>> :)

thanks for the tip...

When I put less hair, I get concerned about the weight of the curlformer on that one small section of hair. One Youtuber said she got breakage that way. I'll give it another go during the holidays when I have more time to be patient with the hook.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I use them all the time. If you have trouble getting the hook back through the roller, you've got too much. I don't do small sections because that would take too long. Once you get the hang of it they can be put in pretty quickly. I also don't sleep in them. It's uncomfortable.

How long is your hair that you have to use two? If your hair is too long you're better off buying flexirods.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MissRissa

i want the wide ones, which says it's for hair up to 16 inches, in some places my longest strands are about 18. i saw a youtube of a girl using 2 with no problem.

Fhrizzball

I guess that depends on how long the hair left out is. If there's not too much left out you can just curl the ends with perm rods or something. Or just don't have the curformers so close to the scalp. The problem with two curlformers is that it may put too much stress on the hair I feel. I use them on my cousin and it turns nice everytime and she manages to make them last a week. Each time I use it, I can't manage past two days if I'm lucky. If you're careful and not rushing you shouldn't have breakage. I'm going to try them again but only as a means to stretch out my hair for buns, twists, and when I want to straighten.

Solitude

anybody still using them? anybody ever able to use 2 curlformers on one section of hair successfully without ripping all their hair out?

I want the long and extra wide, but i think my hair may be just a little too long. i read somewhere that you can put two on one section but i just wanted to make sure it wasn't an urban legend.

BTW, they have extra long on the curlformers website....

MissRissa

I got some knock-offs that are exactly like the real curlformers! They come in large and smaller sizes and the smaller sizes work really well for hanging hair. If you were looking to buy some more curlformers, these are just $10 with free shipping! I can't believe I spent so much when there is an identical product!:grin:

18x Magic Leverag Circle Hair Styling Roller Curler, - US$ 10.69, Free Shipping On All Gadgets!

lol omg u know im so mad at u right? i just ordered the curlformers like 3 days ago. wow. how on earth did you find these? thanks for the heads up

fleur

hi ladies- first off you don't want to be buying the other ones because the info from other forums and official comms is that they are the counterfeits that are really bad quality, illegal, and you don't get what is written on the pack- apparently they are also in legal proceedings so you don't want to be spending good money down that road!!- I've used the Curlformers doubled up and I haven't had any breakage and sleeping with them in is not overly comfortable but you get used to it and it means that i have gorgeous curls on a monday morning!! I've got the Extra long& wide and the extra wide- and although the extra wide are abit short on my hair, i've doubled up but also i've tried sliding the curlformers down my hair section like they suggest on the website and the Curlformers don't fall out and the curls still work really well so you could try that out!hope this helps??