Curlformers

kim1006

I am curious. How many curlformers do you use to set your hair? I have set my hair 4 times with curlformers and today I used 96 extra long, wide. My hair is extremely dense. I do not have an issue with using so many but was curious to know if anyone else uses almost 2 and a half packages to roll their hair.

Last edited:

faithVA

I am curious. How many curlformers do you use to set your hair? I have set my hair 4 times with curlformers and today I used 95 extra long, wide. My hair is extremely dense. I do not have an issue with using so many but was curious to know if anyone else uses almost 2 and a half packages to roll their hair.
Thats a lot of curlformers especially for long and wide. Do you air dry? How long did it take you to install them?

May we see your set when you're done?

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I typically only use about 12 of the big fat Curlformers. But then again, my hair is not very dense either, so I don't require as many as other people.

kim1006

Thats a lot of curlformers especially for long and wide. Do you air dry? How long did it take you to install them?

May we see your set when you're done?

No, I do not air dry. I have a Pibbs that I sit under for about an hour and a half. It takes about 2 and a half hours to install them.

Sure, I will post pictures.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
I use almost all of two packs (kits). Not sure how many that is. Could probably stand to use more but the tension is annoying on my scalp.

kim1006

Been wanting to try curlformers but if y'all in here using 40+ I might pass. Why so many?

I have extremely dense hair. In fact, I have been told every hole in my scalp has hair growing from it, which I believe is a blessing. However, there is a limited amount of hair that can be placed into each curlformer, so I end up using quite a few. You should give them a try. They are not difficult to install and I love the results.

Last edited: