Curls using Flexirods and/or Caruso/VS Steam Rollers

MomofThreeBoys

I have found the perfect summer protective style while stretching relaxers. I thought I would share with others who are not too familiar with flexirods or the steam rollers.

When I want a curly style with ringlets or spiral curls I can

1) Use flexirods the night b4 with either EQP Mango Butter or NTM leave-in to set the curl. I sleep with them but they are so soft I don't even feel them. If one of the curls doesn't set right, I use the Caruso to fix it.

2) Use the Caruso/VS rollers if I was to lazy the night b4 and still want that curly look. You can either leave them in for 15 min or sit under a hooded dry for 1 minute (yes, only 1 minute). As an added bonus, the Caruso/VS roller makes my hair supermoisturized and so soft. The steam with the rollers is like getting a steam treatment!

I then dress up the curls with hair jewlery (clip, flower, etc) and VOILA! A new style for me has been born!!!! And my hair is still short enough that with the curls it is not touching my clothes! Best of all, NO DAMAGING HEAT FOR THIS STYLE!

Thanks to all the ladies here who introduced me to these tools that I never knew worked for "our hair" (Caruso) and thought would give me grandma looking curls (flexirods).

I have pics in my protective styles section of my fotki album.

chocolate01

Your hair came out great!! I love flexi rods as well. I wore my hair like that for two months earlier in my transition, now I have too much new growth. Hopefully one day when im all natural and my hair is long enough I can wear my hair like that again.

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
Thanks Natalie I have been eyeing those steam rollers for some time, I need to take that plunge :grin:

PatTodd

Love your curls!! BTW, love your human hair kinky phony pony too! (I posted this as a comment in your journal too) What color/brand is it and where did you get it?

MomofThreeBoys

Gosh, I don't remember. I live in atlanta and bought it from a local bss. When
I go back, I will look at the tag for you. Thanks for the compliment!

PatTodd said:
Love your curls!! BTW, love your human hair kinky phony pony too! (I posted this as a comment in your journal too) What color/brand is it and where did you get it?

MomofThreeBoys

I would go with the Vidal Sassoon. My hair felt softer and the curls hold longer than the caruso.

Tami said:
Thanks Natalie I have been eyeing those steam rollers for some time, I need to take that plunge :grin:

Mizani_Mrs

yes, i love my caruso roller too. I think it is the greatest tool i have. especially after i had my hair professionally rollerset...and then i'll use the caruso roller like 2 days when my curls fall....it's ridiculous how much body my hair has. I feel like i'm walking in slow motion in one of those movies...

MomofThreeBoys

I'd love to see your caruso set. Any pics?

Mizani_Mrs said:
yes, i love my caruso roller too. I think it is the greatest tool i have. especially after i had my hair professionally rollerset...and then i'll use the caruso roller like 2 days when my curls fall....it's ridiculous how much body my hair has. I feel like i'm walking in slow motion in one of those movies...