Curlsmith? Thoughts

fluffyforever

Whoa these prices. For such small containers. I I’m afraid they wouldn’t even last an entire month. Are these products really concentrated or something? Do you think they are really worth it and better than every other brand?

Aggie

I just bought 2 bottles of the Curlsmith Bond Curl Rehab Salve because of you @Bette Davis Eyes. What else have you tried from this haircare line?

I bought it to compare with my Olaplex No 2. I see they have vitamins, I might try that one at a later time though. Who here have tried the soufflé and in shower styler? I thought they looked interesting. I haven't seen everything on their site as yet but will try and take my time browsing it.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I just bought 2 bottles of the Curlsmith Bond Curl Rehab Salve because of you @Bette Davis Eyes. What else have you tried from this haircare line?

I bought it to compare with my Olaplex No 2. I see they have vitamins, I might try that one at a later time though. Who here have tried the soufflé and in shower styler? I thought they looked interesting. I haven't seen everything on their site as yet but will try and take my time browsing it.
I’ve tried the growth drops and the bond curl. I like it a lot but it’s a cumulative product. It gets better each use. @Aggie

weavepat

I really enjoyed the bond rehab salve. It has great slip, a pleasant smell and really defined my coils. My only peeve is that while the cap makes sense aesthetically, it isn't practical for someone who pours multiple times per application. So I just took a flip cap from another product and now I can easily control how much comes out.

luvableladii

Natural, type 4, medium & fine strands
I’ve been using the bond rehab salve for over a year and I love it! Halts breakage in its tracks. My natural hair tends to like strengthening products anyway (medium to fine strands), so it was no surprise to me. I enjoyed that it was more affordable than olaplex and it had both a protein and a bond strengthener in the formulation. Smells nice and feminine. I use it twice month for about 20 minutes.

I’ve also used the multitasking conditioner from the purple strength line and it was also a good product. Smells the same as the bond rehab salve (I assume all the products in the purple strength line smell the same). Definitely a light strengthening product, and it can be used as a rinse-out or leave in conditioner. I realized that with my use of the salve, I didn’t need the conditioner, so I discontinued use, but I still like the product overall.
You can get small sample/travel sizes of the curlsmith products from Ulta.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
The wash and scrub detox is a light clarifying shampoo. Loose consistency. Creamy and lathering. I was able to finger detangle with it in.
Im heavy headed but in the future I will be mindful of how much I use. This could last a long time.

After rinsing in the future I will pay attention to my edges. I was so busy scrubbing my scalp and detangling there was build up around my perimeter still. I had to hop back in and rinse again.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Been using quite a few products the past 4-6 weeks and so far I'm pretty impressed.

Bond Curl Rehab Salve - Been using this weekly after Olaplex 0 for 15 minutes. Absolutely love it. Strengthens my fine hair, has great slip so applying to my hair is a breeze. This may replace Olaplex 3 for me.

Curl Quenching Conditioning Wash - This is basically a thickened moisturizing shampoo. I can detangle my hair with it in. My hair feels soft and clean as I rinse it out but I still wanted to use conditioner after.

Moisture Memory Reactivator - My after shower leave-in. Helps with detangling. I've never used it only already dry hair so no comment on 'reactiving' properties. I understand why it's in a spray but I prefer using it by pouring into my hands and applying with praying hands.

Hold Me Softly Styling Balm - I think this may have moved up to my favorite curling cream styler. And I only used a sample for about 2 weeks. But seriously, my hair is always defined and soft after using this. And it works well with other products. No flakes or residue after it's touched either. I doubt it would be able to fight full on summer frizz though. You would probably need gel.

There are a few other items I have that I haven't been able to try yet and I'm very interested in the newer Shine line. Because the line is carried at ULTA and I have Platinum membership, I almost always use points to knock down the price. If I had to pay full price all the time, not sure I would be willing to try as much as I have.