Curlsmith? Thoughts

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Bond Curl Rehab Salve - Been using this weekly after Olaplex 0 for 15 minutes. Absolutely love it. Strengthens my fine hair, has great slip so applying to my hair is a breeze. This may replace Olaplex 3 for me.

Curl Quenching Conditioning Wash - This is basically a thickened moisturizing shampoo. I can detangle my hair with it in. My hair feels soft and clean as I rinse it out but I still wanted to use conditioner after.
@B_Phlyy
I was thinking about trying Olaplex 0 and CS Bond Curl Rehab Salve together as a #3 replacement. I normally "dampen" with #0 for about 10 minutes and putting #3 on top for another 20-30 minutes.

I also :love: the Curl Quenching Conditioning Wash.:drool:

Aggie

Been using quite a few products the past 4-6 weeks and so far I'm pretty impressed.

Bond Curl Rehab Salve - Been using this weekly after Olaplex 0 for 15 minutes. Absolutely love it. Strengthens my fine hair, has great slip so applying to my hair is a breeze. This may replace Olaplex 3 for me.

Curl Quenching Conditioning Wash - This is basically a thickened moisturizing shampoo. I can detangle my hair with it in. My hair feels soft and clean as I rinse it out but I still wanted to use conditioner after.

Moisture Memory Reactivator - My after shower leave-in. Helps with detangling. I've never used it only already dry hair so no comment on 'reactiving' properties. I understand why it's in a spray but I prefer using it by pouring into my hands and applying with praying hands.

Hold Me Softly Styling Balm - I think this may have moved up to my favorite curling cream styler. And I only used a sample for about 2 weeks. But seriously, my hair is always defined and soft after using this. And it works well with other products. No flakes or residue after it's touched either. I doubt it would be able to fight full on summer frizz though. You would probably need gel.

There are a few other items I have that I haven't been able to try yet and I'm very interested in the newer Shine line. Because the line is carried at ULTA and I have Platinum membership, I almost always use points to knock down the price. If I had to pay full price all the time, not sure I would be willing to try as much as I have.
Great review @B_Phlyy

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used: Olaplex 0 & Curlsmith Bond Salve (as a replacement for 3). So far, so good:up:

I do love the Curl Quenching Conditioning Wash :love:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I really like the Curlsmith Bonding Salve.:love:

OAN: I think I like it way better than Redken Acidic Bonding Pre-Treatment (for my hair).

That said, CS Bonding & Olaplex 3 feel better to me.

I'lll finish up the Redken Pre Poo and probably won't repurchase it, although the Redken Acidic Leave-In is a HIT! :up:

Dare~to~Dream

I tried the Curlsmith Miracle Shield heat protectant for the first time tonight. I wanted something that was still going to protect but wasn't full of silicones so this fit the bill. Since I'm now going to be either blow drying or sitting under the dryer for at least half of the time instead of air drying, I feel comfortable using this since it's indirect heat to get my hair dry not straight. It was bit more fragranced than I liked and it ran a bit once I sprayed it on top of my leave-ins as instructed. So far so good and the scent doesn't seem to linger from what I can tell at the moment.

Reading this through this thread makes me want to look into one or two other products from this line.

Dare~to~Dream

I didn't use the Miracle Shield heat protectant this last time. I just put my leave-ins on my hair and sat under the dryer for 40 minutes or so. My scalp at the very top of head itched badly to the point of tenderness the last time I used it/after I applied my moisturizer the next day. So I'm doing a little test to see if it's contributing to the issue. I used some scalp drops that are supposed to soothe inflammation and I didn't have any itchiness at first but the same spot itched. It wasn't an intense itch like before though. So there's more that I need to rule out.

Last edited:

Dare~to~Dream

Now that I ruled out what was causing that itchy area of my scalp, I'm using the Miracle Shield heat protectant spray again with no issue. I've only ever used this as an extra precaution for hooded dryer heat but I wonder how it will work for blow dryer/flat iron type heat. I wasn't impressed with the last silicone based heat protectant I used when I straightened my hair a little while back.

Last edited:

Dare~to~Dream

I am also still using Miracle Shield as a weekly heat protectant. I just picked up my second bottle on yesterday since the first bottle that I've been using since February is running low.