Cut The Rope

JinaRicci

They tell the story of a mountain climber, who desperate to conquer the Aconcagua, initiated his climb after years of preparation. But he wanted the glory to himself, therefore, he went up alone. He started climbing and it was becoming later, and later. He did not prepare for camping but decided to keep on going. Soon it got dark...

Night fell with heaviness at a very high altitude. Visibility was zero. Everything was black. There was no moon, and the stars were covered by clouds. As he was climbing a ridge at about 100 meters from the top he slipped and fell. Falling rapidly he could only see blotches of darkness that passed. He felt a terrible sensation of being sucked in by gravity.

He kept falling... and in those anguishing moments good and bad memories passed through his mind. He thought certainly he would die. But then he felt a jolt that almost tore him in half. Yes!! like any good mountain climber he had staked himself with a long rope tied to his waist.

In those moments of stillness. suspended in the air he had no other choice but to shout, 'HELP ME GOD', 'HELP ME!'

All of a sudden he heard a deep voice from heaven...
'What do you want me to do?'

'SAVE ME'

'Do you REALLY think I can save you?'

'OF COURSE, MY GOD'

'Then cut the rope that is holding you up.'

There was another moment of silence and stillness.
The man held on tighter to the rope.

The rescue team says that the next day they found a frozen mountain climber hanging strongly to a rope...
TWO FEET OFF THE GROUND.

How about you? How trusting are you in that rope? Why don't you let it go?

I tell you, God has great and marvelous things for you,

CUT THE ROPE AND SIMPLY TRUST IN HIM...

-Author Unknown-

Reminiscing

Hi my name is Reminiscing and my rope is called WORRY!

I've been worrying about something but God told me yesterday that it's already taken care of. I can proceed without fear.

By the words of Matthew 6:34, my rope is now severed!

34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Praise the Lord!

Would someone who's still hanging on like to borrow my scissor?:yep:

blazingthru

great story something to really think about. I am scared to death to pray before a large group. afraid I will miss something and its okay I realize now its okay we are all of one mind and so it will be okay and this thread was right on time. Thank you.

momi

great story something to really think about. I am scared to death to pray before a large group. afraid I will miss something and its okay I realize now its okay we are all of one mind and so it will be okay and this thread was right on time. Thank you.

this was a good story -
blazingthru - I used to have the same fear... prayer seems to come so easily to some and I always felt like I would sound odd or "less spiritual". This verse helps me:

11For the Scripture says,(A) "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame." Romans 10:11

I had to also realize that personalities play a part in it as well. My everyday language is pretty "matter of fact" and lack "fluff" and my prayers seem to follow suit. I had to determine that I was okay with that - Id rather please God than man.

JinaRicci

Ladies-it's so good to hear that this was a comfort to you & you are letting go of your ropes.

My rope is PROOF. I hear God but I look for signs sometimes that what He is saying is logical- that it makes sense to the situation. Sometimes what He says seems so unbelievable & maybe I try to shield myself from disappointment. I need to let go and trust God at all times no matter what the evidence looks like. Reminiscing- I might need that scissors. :)

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11: 1

Prudent1

Hi my name is Reminiscing and my rope is called WORRY!

I've been worrying about something but God told me yesterday that it's already taken care of. I can proceed without fear.

By the words of Matthew 6:34, my rope is now severed!

34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Praise the Lord!

Would someone who's still hanging on like to borrow my scissors?:yep:
Hi my name is Prudent and my rope is called trust...:look:
Because of my past dependence on my human intellect and ability to reason :dork: trusting a God I could not see or touch has not come easy for me. But my story isn't over yet:drunk:... b/c now I choose my weapons carefully. Got at least 1 foot on the ground now 'cause I'm cutting my rope a little more everyday.:yep: One verse my Big momma :love4: used to say as she sat in her rocking chair... "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not to thine own understanding... In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths." I thought she was a crazy old lady for saying that.:rolleyes: Never knew how many times I would have to repeat this passage to myself.:blush: Anyway, I'm passing the scissors on to anybody else who is ready to sever their ropes....

blazingthru

this was a good story -
blazingthru - I used to have the same fear... prayer seems to come so easily to some and I always felt like I would sound odd or "less spiritual". This verse helps me:

11For the Scripture says,(A) "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame." Romans 10:11

I had to also realize that personalities play a part in it as well. My everyday language is pretty "matter of fact" and lack "fluff" and my prayers seem to follow suit. I had to determine that I was okay with that - Id rather please God than man.
Wow what a great scripture thank you so much. I will remember this. I appreciate you sharing this with me. you are so right everyone around me prays so wonderful and touch on everything and I am scared I won't when its so needed. But Romans 10 will be in my heart.