Cut your hair according to the moon???

I found this chart that gives the best days to cut hair to help make it grow. I know that you are supposed to plant vegetables according to the moon so maybe you are supposed to trim your hair according to the moon also...let me know what you guys think. :dazed:

Here's the Link:
http://tiny.cc/LunarChart870
:nono: or :yep:

Zay-neey

yes i heard about this, a native american lady told me that the pull of gravity on your hair follicles and scalp does make it grow faster. since i barely cut my hair, i didnt really listen.

discodumpling

I love this concept & have known about it since i started my hair journey. BUT I have yet to do it or e-meet anyone on any of the boards I frequent who has done it.

People have been doing stuff by the moon forever :)

*Michelle*

When my grandmother was alive she did this. My mom did with us and she still does it. I guess I dismissed it because I am not scientifically inclined and just thought it was one more superstition. But Zay-neey's post now has me thinking.

I cant wait to see what others say. Gymfreak where are you!!??

JinaRicci

Yes!!! Great thread- I had forgotten about this and didn't know this was so widespread.

I tried to do it when I was relaxed b/c I had more frequent cuts then- sometimes I missed. But in general yes- only cut my hair on the full moon & new moon. This came from my grandfather who had an almanac for growing food and insisted that for your hair to grow well- not so much longer but fuller you should only cut your hair then.

Not sure about the science but if lots other ppl say so- got to be something to it, right? I srsly thought this was only believed by my grandpa and other ppl who grew food. :think:

MWilson569

When I was in high school and completely ruined my hair with weaves and glue..I mean completely ruined with mini bald spots in my head from the glue......she braided it for 2 years and cut it by the full moon...I basicially grew a new set of xtra thick hair that was only a couple of inches from Waist length....with that she also gave me weekly scalp massages and drc treatments....unfortunately I relaxed my hair the end of my high school years...and even though I've been natural for more than 5 years now...my hair has never been as healthy as when she use to give me those full moon cuts....