Cutting baby hair

luckiestdestiny

So I commented on the picture to let the ladies who had comments about my sons haircut know that I didnt line him up and that his hair is still there just shorter and that hes happy and healthy and my mil got mad and said I'm dissing her family. I don't see how that's a diss. I could have mentioned how one of her friends let's her daughters walk around with raggedy dry hair while she stays in the salon keeping her hair healthy and how my mil has been relaxing her daughters' hair since they were like 4 and keeps weaves in their hair since age 8. But I didn't go there

Let me get this straight you (if I'm right)...
1) post a pic update of babies hair and
2) they cackle
3) then you say he's happy and healthy so...
4) mother in law then says that's a diss to her family because you stood up for yourself?

GTFOH...where is she telling them not to go in on you? This is all so one sided. So they can talk ish about you but the minute you defend yourself...you're the one at fault? You were minding your biz when they got this started so they can KIM with all of that.

luckiestdestiny

No comment on babies hair cut. Not sure what's right in this case. Mom's will have to chime in. I think he's a cutie (but that doesn't help with your question lol!)

BBritdenise

luckiestdestiny said:
Let me get this straight you (if I'm right)...
1) post a pic update of babies hair and
2) they cackle
3) then you say he's happy and healthy so...
4) mother in law then says that's a diss to her family because you stood up for yourself?

GTFOH...where is she telling them not to go in on you? This is all so one sided. So they can talk ish about you but the minute you defend yourself...you're the one at fault? You were minding your biz when they got this started so they can KIM with all of that.

Thats pretty much it. Except that this was a picture that I posted onto her Facebook by her request. I do this regularly out of consideration of the fact that she doesn't get to see him much.

4bslbound

Wow. I cant believe ppl think cutting hair will alter how it grows. Hair is dead, once it leaves the follicles it does not matter what you do to it. Growth pattern can not be altered unless you affect the follicles some way (chemically as in a relaxer or physically as in waxing). Sheesh. MIL sounds foolish

AMAKA127

BBritdenise said:
The other day I cut my 5 month old sons hair low. He had too many bald spots. I was gentle and sure not to hurt him and he looks really cute. My mil and her friends have a problem and are on Facebook talking about he's too young I'm gonna mess up his hairline I should have braided his hair and let him have patches. Was I wrong for cutting his hair? Here's a pic after the cut

I am nigerian and in the igbo culture they cut all of their childrens head bald after one year. I think i turned out okay lol and so will your son!