Cutting Box Braids

TLC1020

I have been wearing the waist length box braids since mid January, I am tired of them, they are extremely long and heavy. My plan was to keep them until mid or end of April, right now it's not looking like it. Have anyone seen them cut short and the braids still look neat? I am looking at youtube to see how that's done, I only see how to install them.

mshoneyfly

I have been wearing the waist length box braids since mid January, I am tired of them, they are extremely long and heavy. My plan was to keep them until mid or end of April, right now it's not looking like it. Have anyone seen them cut short and the braids still look neat? I am looking at youtube to see how that's done, I only see how to install them.

You could cut them to a little past SL and they'll still look cute. That would give you a lot of relief. I installed my own BSL yarn braids last week they are so easy to work with. My first set installing myself was at WL and they were pretty high maintenance. Even taking off that little bit will make a huge difference.

I recommend measuring each braid against your body and only cutting a few at a time. Make them varying lengths instead of all one length so they fall more like natural hair.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Gr8ness83

You can definitely cut them. To be honest, when I installed my box braids they were grazing my behind and when I got tem all in there was absolutely no way I would or could keep them that long. I tried to use scissors but the cut was too blunt so I cut them all to where I wanted them to end then I unraveled the braid a few inches. After that I took an eyebrow razor and stared where I stopped unraveling and then razored the length of the hair that was unraveled. I didn't razor one at a time , I actually had a handful and then I rebraided them so they have a tapered look with no blunt ends... I still haven't gotten around to sipping them in hot water but I take some out and redo them every week. I don't feel like piping them every week. Ain't nobody got time for that.... They are holding really well, not unraveling unless I use my fingers to do so.... HTH