Cutting hair by the moon

Aggie

@Aggie

How thick would you say it has gotten? How long did it take to see a noticeable change?

I'll be doing light trims for length and thickness.

Well @OceanEyes, I have been trimming for thickness for only a year now and I'd say that it has gotten at least a 20% noticeable thickness and for me that is a lot. If I continue for another year, I'm hoping that to increase by at least another 10-15% in density. I seem to have more strands coming from my scalp actually. I dunno, it's weird but that is how it seems to me:look:.

Additionally, I don't trim often at all, I'd say only 2 but no more than 3 times a year but so far only twice for last year and this year, I only have 2 scheduled unless something aweful happens that require me to trim it a third time. I planned my March trim around the full moon.

Last edited:

ElegantExotic

I had my trim yesterday for length, very exited to see the results. I'm estimating my next trim will be in June, so June 1-2 and then September 22-23 (fall equinox).

Will keep updating with results :)

NaturalfienD

Just dusted my hair while the moon was in Taurus and waxing … that sign is supposed to aid in thickness and faster growth. I need both!!

ElegantExotic

I had my trim yesterday for length, very exited to see the results. I'm estimating my next trim will be in June, so June 1-2 and then September 22-23 (fall equinox).

Will keep updating with results :)

I had my hair washed yesterday, and my hair seems super long!!! And MUCH more thicker!!!

I first cut according to the Lunatips calendar for March 2, 2013 which was OMEGA 2, (New Hair, Long Hair, Afro/Curly Hair), and over two months in, I do notice a lot more length!!!

I've also noticed that my scalp was SUPER ITCHY these last few months!!! Which nearly drove me insane!!! :pullhair: But, I read on the Lunatips site that: "The scalp may become itchy whilst new hair follicle's and strands of hair are being produced and will cease when the hair is cut again during a different cutting period, excluding OMEGA 4"

It also says "New strands of hair will appear as wispy hair that is visibly not as thick as the surrounding hair", and I definitely notice this throughout my hair :grin:

Sooo, having said all of that, I've decided to trim on June 20th, which is OMEGA 2 again, in addition to Summer Solstice on the Morrocco Method chart. I'm sure my scalp will be on fire, but it is worth it for the progress.

Will continue to update. :yep:

Lucia

Well the lunar app says
new moon June 8 2013 10:56:12 24hr time clock

1st quarter moon June 16 2013 12:23:36 from new to 1/4 moon trim for length

Full Moon June 23 2013 06:31:56 trim for thickness ONLY on FULL MOON DAYS

I'll be trimming this weekend Im still growing for length and it's been 3-4 months since my last real trim I did some S&D s in between.
Those of you using Moroccan method or Farmers Almanac method for cutting trimming the dates are a little different.

NaturalfienD

Hello,

Tonight, the moon is in Cancer and it is getting bigger (waxing) so I will be dusting tonight. I am getting in the habit of dusting/trimming when the moon is in a water sign or an earth sign. Here is what I learned about the Cancer moon:

The Moon in Cancer is a fruitful and moist sign. It is considered the most productive of all the signs and most frequently used for planting, seeding and irrigation. As the premier water sign, Cancer is the best sign to get your hair cut for growth and thickness. Avoid radical styling moves such as severe colors or kinky perms. Cancer is a sign better suited to traditional styles that make mom and dad proud. Even if you do not need a cut but want the long, luxurious locks that knock men off their seats, consider a trim to enhance your hair’s growing ability. A soft look that frames your face will have your guy curling up in you arms. Because there is abundant moist energy available, all chemical processes will take well. This is a great time for coloring or highlighting your hair golden blonde.

The next time that I will dust/trim will be on August 14th while the moon is in Scorpio and getting bigger. I am going to get my hair in braids and keep them up (Lord willin') until my next dust date ...

I hope you all are doing well ... HHG!!

gn1g

NEW MOON IN LEO August 6th, Is this is a good time for fine thin hair ladies to trim???

NaturalfienD

gn1g

I read that Leo was the driest and most barren time so it'd be necessary to deep condition your hair to prevent it from getting brittle. Your hair is supposed to get thicker and fuller if you trimmed during Leo though and that's a plus.

Now with the new moon, there are different opinions on trimming during that phase. I tend to trim as the moon is getting fuller (waxing); lunaf.com reads that the moon is at 0% during the new moon. I would and trim when the moon is at a higher percentage to make sure I maximize all the potential benefits.

(I noticed that the moon will be at 51% and in Scorpio (water sign, moist) on the 14th, what about trimming then?)

gn1g

@gn1g

I read that Leo was the driest and most barren time so it'd be necessary to deep condition your hair to prevent it from getting brittle. Your hair is supposed to get thicker and fuller if you trimmed during Leo though and that's a plus.

Now with the new moon, there are different opinions on trimming during that phase. I tend to trim as the moon is getting fuller (waxing); lunaf.com reads that the moon is at 0% during the new moon. I would and trim when the moon is at a higher percentage to make sure I maximize all the potential benefits.

(I noticed that the moon will be at 51% and in Scorpio (water sign, moist) on the 14th, what about trimming then?)

Thanks NaturalfienD sounds like a plan.

jbwphoto1

I'll be in two strand twists probably until second week in December, so I'll come back in a few weeks to find a good time after that to trim. Winter solstice is December 21st. Maybe it will be around that time.

NaturalfienD

NaturalfienD is now a good time to cut my hair?

Hi gn1g,

I think the best days for a trim would be today, Monday, or Tuesday as the moon is getting bigger, (approaching a full moon)- the moon is in Pisces for three days (when the moon is in Pisces, there's an increase in growth and thickness.)

If the days above don't work, I'd trim on Saturday or Sunday … the moon is even bigger! (Which encourages more growth.) It will be in Taurus, an earth sign that encourages growth too, but not as quickly as the water signs, I think.

I wouldn't trim from Wednesday to Friday night though. Although the moon is waxing (getting full), it's hanging out in Aries, which is a fire sign that'll cause dry hair. And I wouldn't trim on Sunday, (although the moon is full) the moon's going to Gemini, another fire sign.

I hope this helps … ^.^