Cutting hair by the moon

freckledface

MeowMix yes yesterday was the day for thickness but I really just couldn't hold out anymore ^.^ lol I really wanted to wait but it wasn't happening. I want to recover the length ima lose so ill cut again in a few days. Hopefully ill do a better job.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
freckledface Yes, because your hair grows in curly/afro-y. :) The chart I use says the Omega 1 period is best for growth of 'long, sleek' hair. My cousin is relaxed and uses that time; she's only been using it for three months (one trim), so I don't have a good summary of her results yet. She's overhauled her whole hair life, so I think all of the changes she has made has led to her retaining length and gaining health. I don't think you can go wrong with using any of the versions. :yep:

Last edited:

H0tPinkButtafly

Which chart are u ladies going by that let's u know when to trim for thickness? I'm looking at the morroco chart and it didn't have the same dates for thickness...

MystiqueBabe

According to the charts, my next trim will be on Oct 16 which will be my last trim of the year. My last trim was on July using the recommended trimming dates(forgot the date though) but I can say that I am seeing results. Of course, I am taking care of things on my part too but it can't hurt right? Besides I am one who believes in this kind of stuff. lol

NappyNelle

H0tPinkButtafly The LunaTips chart has 'speciality' dates. Watch the presentation on the website so you can decide when the best times of the month will yield the type of hair you desire.

NaturalfienD

MeowMix

The main reason I dusted at that time was because it was one of the 'better' periods to do so and because I waited too long to dust before … my hair had no ackrite and it was long overdue.

I did research on lunatips again and I'm considering dusting on Omega 3 and then Omega 4 cause it's supposed to give your hair some wave … that sounds like it's worth trying. I will not dust back to back though. I might try this in November and January, respectively.

Honestly, I see new hair sprouting. I'm excited and hopeful that this is the beginning of something beautiful. I'm hopeful that I can get these two inches to achieve BSB. :}

HHG all …

H0tPinkButtafly

@H0tPinkButtafly The LunaTips chart has 'speciality' dates. Watch the presentation on the website so you can decide when the best times of the month will yield the type of hair you desire.

NappyNelle I dont see the prestation that you are refering to. Can you post the link?

It says this "Note: Dates are calculated for Central California, USA. (Pacific Standard Time, Northern Hemisphere) Recalculate for your own hemisphere. By taking Central Coast California Time and adding or subtracting your time zone. Also remember all dates are 24 hours so middle date is the most beneficial."

how do I do this?lol

NappyNelle

H0tPinkButtafly On the main page, look to the left. There will be a section for Hair Care; when you click on that, a powerpoint will play. The actual calendars are available under "Tree of Life". Sorry, I'm on my phone so I can't link you at the moment.

With any of the options you choose, be sure to check the time zone. LunaTips is based on London Time, so I keep the six hour difference in mind. The paragraph quoted wants you to find the median of the hours listed. You don't have to do all of those calculations.

Ogoma

MeowMix said:
Today is a 'lengthening' day. Just dusted.

There are too many conflicting moon calendars. The one I read, today was retarding growth day with next week being lengthening. The farmer's almanac had next week as well. That is why I look at it for fun, but don't believe it at all.

Black Ambrosia

I want to try this but really don't know which calendar to follow. The only thing that seems consistent at first glance is that the day of the new moon or the days immediately following the new moon (growing moon) are better for length. I guess I need to just pick a calendar and try it.

NaturalfienD

I dusted my hair this morning to get rid of my remaining scraggly ends. I thought about waiting until November but after looking at my hair a little closer, I realized that an additional dusting would be helpful. I use luna tips and dusted on omega 1. Now that I've gotten rid of all my scraggly ends, I should be good with dusting until early November. When that time comes, I will return to dusting on Omega 2.

When it's all said and done, I hope that I can keep my ends in good enough shape to dust once every two or three months.

I hope you all are doing well!!

NaturalfienD

I plan on dusting on November 10th … I last dusted in late-September. I will continue dusting during Omega 1 for a little while for quick growing hair. ;)

Hyacinthe

Wow I'm learning so much from this thread.
I believe in cutting or dusting by the moon,had no idea it could be so detailed.
My question is can I dust today for length or should I wait till next time and where can I get the all this great info. Thanks in as advance girls

Sent from my GT-I9100G using LHCF

NaturalfienD

Um ill pass..lol.......but has anyone been experiencing better results ?

In terms of experiencing better results, I've only dusted three times based upon the moon, the last two within a reasonable time from one another. I said that to say, I would need to get at least two more dustings done on a regular basis before I am able to give a die hard absolute yes that the moon is a factor in my growth rate.

I have heard positive things from people who cut based upon the moon; I've seen the positive results too.

I know that for some this is nothing but magical thinking (by the way, I believe in astrology/zodiac stuff too ;) ) … if it is, at the very least one is dusting or trimming on a regular basis (like an earlier post states) so ones hair will love them for it. HHG …

Last edited:

MeechUK

MeechUK
I started dusting my hair in line with the first quarter of a new moon and its made a difference for me. Different times achieve different results, I dust in the first quarter for hair health and I no longer find split ends.

Guinan

Re-Branding
2nite is a cosmic shower aka meteorite shower. Does that have anything to do with the moon

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF