Da Phony Pony Thread

SelfStyled

Phony that I have on today.....

Ijanei

Think I'm gonna jump on this band wagon, that sew-in only last one day because I wanted to actually feel my scalp (sad I know)

SelfStyled

Think I'm gonna jump on this band wagon, that sew-in only last one day because I wanted to actually feel my scalp (sad I know)
Aww man all that work for just 1 day that stinks- but that is the good thing about phony ponies you can get to your scalp as needed.

I have to add to this thread, here is my phony ponytail afro puff. I love it.

I LOVE your puff! Every time I see your siggie I always admire your puff.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I decided to try out a long phonytail so I got a curly one that hangs beyond wl unstretched. Check me out: (what was up with the shiny face?)

Uh uh. Can't tell me nuthin! :lachen::lachen::lachen: 0 days to wl! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ijanei

I decided to try out a long phonytail so I got a curly one that hangs beyond wl unstretched. Check me out: (what was up with the shiny face?)

Uh uh. Can't tell me nuthin! :lachen::lachen::lachen: 0 days to wl! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Go on girl...can't tell you nothin...:grin: looks good on you

Ijanei

Aww man all that work for just 1 day that stinks- but that is the good thing about phony ponies you can get to your scalp as needed.

Yessssssss I now...Can't wait to do my hair in a lil while, thanks for the thread for the pony ladies:yep:

^ oh and brucebettye that does look good, I thought the puff was real. Nice

SelfStyled

Invisible Pony: I used 2 tracks of Kinky Straight hair(dead match for my own) and bobby pins. Just makes my pony look a little thicker and a little longer:look:

SelfStyled

Okay, I am back for some reason, I could not log on at all yesterday.

Here is the YT video that I used for inspiration:
YouTube - Invisible/Inside Ponytail pictorial.

I liked this concept, but I had to tweak it without all the gel and I don't use hair glue.

I used 2 tracks and folded them in half for thickness

I make a part leaving my nape section out and place the first track. Center the track to the back of your head. You need some of your own hair out on the sides to make sure the track is covered.

Another angle so you can see what I am talking about leaving some of the sides out

After the 1st track is in, make another part and comb that section down over the first track, and then you will pin the 2nd track in

Next gather into a pony and your done

I just bobbied pin these 2 tracks in, I could have sewed wig clips on them to be more secure, I just have not done that yet.

SelfStyled

That looks great Nix. How did you do it?

Neenzmj- Your Welcome! It is really secure, there are a total of 4 bobby pins.

neenzmj

Selfstyled, I've looked at this creative tip you gave over a year ago about cutting a hole in a phony pony and fanning your hair out over it, and the light bulb just went on for me. I tried it last night with an old bun I had. The bun works OK by itself, but it looked much more natural when I fanned my own hair over it!

Thanks for sharing all this helpful information. I'm always excited to gain fun new options for hairstyles.

jamaicalovely

Hi Ladies

I have been in this thread marvelling at all the creative ponys and methods.
I have very fine hair and after a relaxer it is especially so. Attaching the phony pony or UPA clip for me is therefore not so secure as I always fear it will fall off.

So after my recent touch up I was really trying to find something to help me. I have neck length hair and you know necklength+fine hair=a very pathetic thin bun or ponytail.:sad:

I recently asked about sewing in a few tracks into the hair and thanks for the responses I received. I tried it yesterday. I sewed in three tracks of weave weft in the middle portion of my head/hair. The results are below.

If you look carefully at the 2nd Pic you can see where my hair ends and the weave hair continues.

For those interested - I used EPRT (Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture)

I hope this can help me have my hair in a bun or pony tail until I get enough growth to get my braids back :grin:

Ooh, thanks for showing this. I was talking to my stylist about doing this with EPRT. Great job! It looks natural.

brucebettye

I have been wearing a phony ponytail since March 2010. I do have to say that this has made my hair turn around. I am transitioning to natural since my hair thinned out due to a bad texlax(done by me) Nov 2009. When I first started I had a problem putting all my hair in a bun. But today I have nice size bun and can position my phony pony afro anywhere on my head.