Da Phony Pony Thread

NikStarrr

I haven't worn my tried-and-true phony puff in a while, but I decided to give my hair a break and some much needed baggying for the next few days.

JJamiah

I just put on my phony pony this evening :) I am excited to get to wear it for a week or so, then back up in my Wigs ;) :grin:

Smiley79

Im still looking for a good phoney pony for this blazing hot summer ahead. lol. Do share ladies. The one on Nik was real cute, I need to go swing by local BSS and just try them on.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
I bought these yesterday to wear on a trip...I plan to co-wash my hair in the mornings, apply some conditioner as a leave-in/styler, seal with grease then use my scarf to set the waves. I'll add some KCC to my edges if needed.

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/momoglbubunn.html
I can bun my hair but because it's so fine/thin, it looks pitiful! Post-partum shedding was a beast on my already thin hair so hopefully, it will thicken up!

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/oudrtiben.html
I plan to thin this one out (if needed) and comb/seperate the curls to make it more closely resembling my 4a hair

And this is the one I'm DYING to get...if anyone has this one, how do you like it?
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/momogldrpoma.html

amwcah

my wrap around pony also very helpful when wet bunning

I haven't worn my tried-and-true phony puff in a while, but I decided to give my hair a break and some much needed baggying for the next few days.

Very pretty ladies! I use to wear my hair like that when stretching. It ooks so real. I love wearing phony ponies, but I have a tendency to pull my hair too tight. At least the braids in the pic prevented me from doing so. The pic is from a few years ago. I have more pics, but I guess they are on my old laptop.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 111

AtlantaJJ

Time for me hop back on the phony pony train! These pictures are gorgeous!!!

ETA: I need a nice workout pony for natural hair that I can wear in the gym and when I'm running in races.

Last edited:

JJamiah

WOw I have quite a few new ones I think I am definitely going to dabble with them for the spring/summer time in between wigging.

back2relaxed

I'm loving my phony ponies as well. My hair has just grown out enough to get back into these. I use them to bun, I'm growing out a pixie, or sometimes just to wear it out...they come in a lot of cute styles and for 9.99 in many cases, you can't beat it!

Marand13

I have been wearing phony ponies for years, and still do wear them. One of my favorite protective styles.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I got a new pony! I left my money at home, so I had to scrounge up some from my mom. It was $13.32

I have one in my stash. I bought it the same time I started collecting my wigs. That looks cute. Your hair must grow fast because I thought the back was shaved? Are you able to get all your hair into a pony tail, before you attach your phony pony?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I have one in my stash. I bought it the same time I started collecting my wigs. That looks cute. Your hair must grow fast because I thought the back was shaved? Are you able to get all your hair into a pony tail, before you attach your phony pony?
Thanks! The back was shaved lol, but I'm growing it back. I think it's almost an inch or so. I just comb the rest of my hair to the back, and put it in a ponytail. The longest part is the left side, so I try to gather it more to the opposite side so I can include the the shorter part in the ponytail. The back is still sort of thick so that adds some security, so I can get it into a smallish ponytail.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Thanks! The back was shaved lol, but I'm growing it back. I think it's almost an inch or so. I just comb the rest of my hair to the back, and put it in a ponytail. The longest part is the left side, so I try to gather it more to the opposite side so I can include the the shorter part in the ponytail. The back is still sort of thick so that adds some security, so I can get it into a smallish ponytail.

Oh, okay. Your hair does grow fast!