Dabur Amla Lite Oil Hides MTG Smell

Monigirl

Well I decided to start using MTG again. I want Shoulder Length in 2008 LOL!!! Plus I want to try the Extra Wide & Long Curlformers in 2008 as well. Thanks to QueenT and SouthernTease beautiful Curlformer results I want long hair again ...right now dang it! LOL!! :lachen: Anyways I decided to try a growth aide this year to kick start some growth. I was scared of trying MN or any other growth aide mixes I have read on LHCF. So I decided to use MTG again. I forced myself to use it back in 2006 and got results but the smell won and I stopped applying it. Well I am using it again.

I am bored tonight and decided to find a way to use MTG and avoid the liquid smoke smell that I can't stand. I have used essential oils in the past and mixed with my leave in's to mask the smell but I wanted to try something different.

I experimented tonight in my bathroom w/ Jojoba oil and Amla Lite oil.

1st Test: I mixed 1/2 TSP of Jojoba Oil with 1/4 TSP of MTG

2nd Test: I mixed 1/2 TSP of Amla Lite Oil with 1/4 TSP of MTG

Test #2 is the Winner!
!!

When I mixed it w/ Jojoba oil the smell didn't disappear at all. But when I mixed it with Amla Oil the smell disappeared instantly. So I added some more MTG and still could not smell anything but Amla Oil.

Amla Lite oil has lite clean fragrance and smells so good that it hides MTG stink completely. So ladies who bought MTG and still have it somewhere in your bathroom cabinet collecting dust. Mix it with some amla oil and smell the difference.

Just bored and thought I should share with any MTG users.

If you like share how you hide the MTG liquid smoke smell or give this a try.

Last edited:

Coffee

Thanks for the info. I just got some MTG this afternoon from an Arizona meet-up, and when I got a whiff of the MTG, it was like :nono:. I'll try the Amla Oil.

20Pearls_Girl

Yes it does and it almost gives it minty small. I used the regular Amla, probably 1/4 Amla to 3/4 MTG. It also gives my scalp a bit of a tingle. :spinning:

MidBackCrisis

I have stopped using MTG for the very same reasons. The smell is overwhelming altho the results are so very rewarding. I guess beauty is pain lol. I have AMLA but not AMLA LIGHT, but Im guessing that it should do the job just as well. Im gonna give it a try but I have to be careful being that I am wearing a wig and wigs trap every damn smell there is, from my mothers pot of chit'lins to her fudge brownies. If I want Mid Back length by this time next yr I oughtta put a riush on it. Wish me luck! lol and thanks for the thread.

Monigirl

Thanks for the info. I just got some MTG this afternoon from an Arizona meet-up, and when I got a whiff of the MTG, it was like :nono:. I'll try the Amla Oil.

Your are welcome!! I was so surprised this really worked. I thank God I can use it this time without my pillows and covers smelling like MTG when I sleep.

Yes it does and it almost gives it minty small. I used the regular Amla, probably 1/4 Amla to 3/4 MTG. It also gives my scalp a bit of a tingle.

So happy someone else has tried it. I have always wanted to order some regular Amla. I wonder how the regular Amla smells. But I must say I am in love with Amla lite oil.

Monigirl

I have stopped using MTG for the very same reasons. The smell is overwhelming altho the results are so very rewarding. I guess beauty is pain lol. I have AMLA but not AMLA LIGHT, but Im guessing that it should do the job just as well. Im gonna give it a try but I have to be careful being that I am wearing a wig and wigs trap every damn smell there is, from my mothers pot of chit'lins to her fudge brownies. If I want Mid Back length by this time next yr I oughtta put a riush on it. Wish me luck! lol and thanks for the thread.

Your welcome!!! I know what you mean about hair accesories trapping smells. LOL!!! I wore braids and a weave when I last used MTG and on wash nights I felt I could never rinse out the stank completely LOL!!! Much luck on your Midback journey.

Monigirl

:wave: Hello again.....

I forgot to mention. The longer you rub or mix the two together the faster the Amla oil over takes the stinky smell of MTG. I rub the two together in the palm of my hand. :thumbsup: I am loving how soft it makes my newgrowth and hair and the shine.

Monigirl

Bump...:grin:
Just wanted to share again. I have been getting great freeback on this mixture in my Fotki from many ladies.