Daily Bible Verses

cocoberry10

Moderators Can You Please make this forum sticky? Daily Bible Verses

Moderators Can You Please make this forum sticky? Thank you

Ladies:

The Lord has been putting this on my heart for the last few days. I want us to start putting Bible verses we read on this forum everyday in this daily bible verses thread. I feel that when I am in need of an encouraging word, it will be nice to come here and look at what the Lord is telling all of us. I hope you will add whatever Bible verse inspires you on a particular day. Thanks!

Here are mine for today:

1 Corinthians 2:13-16 NIV
13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.[a] 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Daniel 6:1-28 (I won't put this on, it's a little long)

Romans 5:15-16
15But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.

1 John 5:14-15
14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

Mark 11:24
24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

If I am lead to any more bible verses, I will add them.

Last edited:

cocoberry10

Re: Daily Bible Verses (MODERATORS Please make this sticky)

Here is today's Bible Verse

Romans 4:18-22
18Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be."[a] 19Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. 20Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness."

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hi Cocoberry... :wave:

The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me. Acts 20:24 NCV

We have been sent to speak for Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20 NCV

You must warn [unbelievers] so they may live. If you don't speak out to warn the wicked to stop their evil ways, they will die in their sin," says the Lord. Ezekiel 3:18 NCV

cocoberry10

Shimmie said:
Hi Cocoberry... :wave:

The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me. Acts 20:24 NCV

We have been sent to speak for Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20 NCV

You must warn [unbelievers] so they may live. If you don't speak out to warn the wicked to stop their evil ways, they will die in their sin," says the Lord. Ezekiel 3:18 NCV

Thanks Shimmie!

Here are today's verses

Micah 3:7-12
7 The seers will be ashamed and the diviners disgraced. They will all cover their faces because there is no answer from God." 8 But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the LORD, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression, to Israel his sin. 9 Hear this, you leaders of the house of Jacob, you rulers of the house of Israel, who despise justice
and distort all that is right; 10 who build Zion with bloodshed, and Jerusalem with wickedness. 11 Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priests teach for a price, and her prophets tell fortunes for money. Yet they lean upon the LORD and say, "Is not the LORD among us? No disaster will come upon us." 12 Therefore because of you, Zion will be plowed like a field,
Jerusalem will become a heap of rubble, the temple hill a mound overgrown with thickets.

Micah 4:11-12
11 But now many nations are gathered against you. They say, "Let her be defiled, let our eyes gloat over Zion!" 12 But they do not know the thoughts of the LORD; they do not understand his plan, he who gathers them like sheaves to the threshing floor.

Hebrews 11:1-4
1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2This is what the ancients were commended for. 3By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. 4By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead.

Psalm 43
Vindicate me, O God,
and plead my cause against an ungodly nation;
rescue me from deceitful and wicked men.

2 You are God my stronghold.
Why have you rejected me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?

3 Send forth your light and your truth,
let them guide me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you dwell.

4 Then will I go to the altar of God,
to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the harp,
O God, my God.

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

planodiva

Hi Ladies,

Today I am reading Ephesians

1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his might power

3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
God blessed my heart today:

Angels, I was having a somewhat 'hectic' day and I called on God and He took care of it all for me. Shimmie was having a little 'fretting spell. :lol: .

I'm going home to Florida in a few weeks, and I had forgotten to purchase my airline tickets in time for the reduced rate. Our Father God is so meriful, He took care of my airline tickets for a fraction of the normal cost. Praise Him!

I need to get a new cell phone before my trip home and He took care of that. My current phone was whimping out on me battery wise. I now have a new cell phone, a better model extra options and a good deal.

Some work is being done in my home and I needed another place to hold our prayer and fellowship night. God moved in faster than I could ask Him. My family got together to help me with every single detail so that our prayers would not be interrupted. The prayers will go on.. . O' Praise Him!

Then, He blessed me with these following scriptures today. They each tie in.

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me when I was in distress; Have mercy on me and hear my prayer. (Psalm 4:1)

Now is God not something or what? He heard my prayer (my call to Him) and then He moved faster than light, and relieved me of all of my distress. He had mercy on me and heard my prayer. Oh how I love the Lord.

Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord. (Psalm 4:5)

I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)

Yes, tonight I will lie down in peace and sleep and safety, for He has taken care of every care. Praise God...Praise God forever and ever, Amen.

Cocoberry, thank again so much for starting this thread. For you know what it does? "Coco" this thread of yours, leads me to 'participate.' I yield to reading additional scripture that I can share.

God bless you, pretty lady... ;)

shalom

Good morning, afternoon and evening ladies,

Good thread thanks COCO:)

Psa. 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in you jesus

crlsweetie912

2 Chronicles 7:14
14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

My favorite passage of all time!

planodiva

Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

17:8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

17:10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruits of his doings.

17:14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me and I shall be saved for thou art my praise

crlsweetie912

"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone." Psalm 91:11-12

Thank you Lord. I really needed this today.

cocoberry10

Hello Ladies:

I am getting ready for bed, but the Lord told me to deliver these prophetic words because someone needs to hear this.

Romans 3:9-12
Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

Romans 3:22-24
This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 4:7-8
Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
8. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.

Galatians 3:26-
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Psalm 37:17-20, 23-24
For the power of the wicked will be broken, but the Lord upholds the righteous. 18 The days of the blameless are known to the Lord, and their inheritance will endure forever. 19 In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty. 20 But the wicked will perish: The Lord's enemies will be like the beauty of the fields, they will vanish--vanish like smoke.

23 If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; 24 though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

and just because we are beautiful Black/ethnic women...
Song of Songs 6:4
You are beautiful, my darling, as Tirzah, lovely as Jerusalem, majestic as troops with banners. (You don't even need a husband to enjoy just this verse)

Good night ladies. More to come tomorrow! I heard a powerful message in church on Sunday, and will post the verses. Simmer on this until then.

cocoberry10

Read 2 Chronicles 29 (the entire chapter). However, I will highlight a few verses

2 Chronicles 29: 5-6
"Listen to me, Levites! Consecrate yourselves now and consecrate the temple of the LORD, the God of your fathers. Remove all defilement from the sanctuary. 6 Our fathers were unfaithful; they did evil in the eyes of the LORD our God and forsook him. They turned their faces away from the LORD's dwelling place and turned their backs on him.

10-11
10 Now I intend to make a covenant with the LORD, the God of Israel, so that his fierce anger will turn away from us. 11 My sons, do not be negligent now, for the LORD has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense."

cocoberry10

Proverbs 2:1-5
1 My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, 2 turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, 3 and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, 4 and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, 5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Psalm 37 (New American Standard Bible)

Security of Those Who Trust in the LORD, and Insecurity of the Wicked.

A Psalm of David.

1Do not fret because of evildoers,
Be not envious toward wrongdoers.
2For they will wither quickly like the grass
And fade like the green herb.
3Trust in the LORD and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
4Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
5Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
6He will bring forth your righteousness as the light
And your judgment as the noonday.
7Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.
8Cease from anger and forsake wrath;
Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.
9For evildoers will be cut off,
But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.
10Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more;
And you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there.
11But the humble will inherit the land
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
12The wicked plots against the righteous
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
13The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees his day is coming.
14The wicked have drawn the sword and bent their bow
To cast down the afflicted and the needy,
To slay those who are upright in conduct.
15Their sword will enter their own heart,
And their bows will be broken.
16Better is the little of the righteous
Than the abundance of many wicked.
17For the arms of the wicked will be broken,
But the LORD sustains the righteous.
18The LORD knows the days of the blameless,
And their inheritance will be forever.
19They will not be ashamed in the time of evil,
And in the days of famine they will have abundance.
20But the wicked will perish;
And the enemies of the LORD will be like the glory of the pastures,
They vanish--like smoke they vanish away.
21The wicked borrows and does not pay back,
But the righteous is gracious and gives.
22For those blessed by Him will inherit the land,
But those cursed by Him will be cut off.
23The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
24When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong,
Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand.
25I have been young and now I am old,
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken
Or his descendants begging bread.
26All day long he is gracious and lends,
And his descendants are a blessing.
27Depart from evil and do good,
So you will abide forever.
28For the LORD loves justice
And does not forsake His godly ones;
They are preserved forever,
But the descendants of the wicked will be cut off.
29The righteous will inherit the land
And dwell in it forever.
30The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom,
And his tongue speaks justice.
31The law of his God is in his heart;
His steps do not slip.
32The wicked spies upon the righteous
And seeks to kill him.
33The LORD will not leave him in his hand
Or let him be condemned when he is judged.
34Wait for the LORD and keep His way,
And He will exalt you to inherit the land;
When the wicked are cut off, you will see it.
35I have seen a wicked, violent man
Spreading himself like a luxuriant tree in its native soil.
36Then he passed away, and lo, he was no more;
I sought for him, but he could not be found.
37Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright;
For the man of peace will have a posterity.
38But transgressors will be altogether destroyed;
The posterity of the wicked will be cut off.
39But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD;
He is their strength in time of trouble.
40The LORD helps them and delivers them;
He delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
Because they take refuge in Him.

cocoberry10

Philippians 3:10-12

10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Pressing on Toward the Goal
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me

Philippians 4:9-13
9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Thanks for Their Gifts
10 I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it.

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.

12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

cocoberry10

Ephesians 4:1

Unity in the Body of Christ
1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Have a good night ladies!

cocoberry10

1 Corinthians 15:33
33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."

Colossians 1:9
9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

Psalm 145:8-9
8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.

9 The LORD is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble

1 John 4:7
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God

Proverbs 18:24

24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 22:24-25
24 Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered, 25 or you may learn his ways and get yourself ensnared.

Psalm 86:12
12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

Okay, it's really bedtime!

cocoberry10

2 Peter 1:5-8

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Chris

cocoberry10

I really needed the following Bible verse today, especially the bolded part

Philippians 4:5-8

5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

planodiva

Cocoberry 10

This is a powerful thread. I needed the last two posts you put on the board. God is really reaching me through those verses. Thank you thank you thank you.

My mind is going a thousand different directions. Now I am more calm. May we all be blessed today

cocoberry10

Today's Themes: (1) Procrastination and Disobedience are a hindrance to God's blessings
(2) Idle Hands are the devil's playground
(3) The devil is a liar. What God has promised you is yours, but remember the two other themes above, as they can interfere (but never completely prevent)!

Be blessed ladies

Haggai 1:5-11 (You may want to read the entire chapter, but I thought these verses said it best (or blessed :) )

5 Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."

7 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD. 9 "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house. 10 Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops. 11 I called for a drought on the fields and the mountains, on the grain, the new wine, the oil and whatever the ground produces, on men and cattle, and on the labor of your hands."

cocoberry10

I felt inspired to post this.

John 8:44Satan is the Father of lies

Colossians 3:9-10
9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Ephesians 4:14-15, 25 14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.

25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

James 5:15 (Honesty is necessary for our healing)
15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

cocoberry10

Proverbs 13:1-5
1 A wise son heeds his father's instruction,
but a mocker does not listen to rebuke.

2 From the fruit of his lips a man enjoys good things,
but the unfaithful have a craving for violence.

3 He who guards his lips guards his life,
but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.

4 The sluggard craves and gets nothing,
but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.

5 The righteous hate what is false,
but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.

cocoberry10

Proverbs 16

1 To man belong the plans of the heart,
but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue.

2 All a man's ways seem innocent to him,
but motives are weighed by the LORD.

3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.

4 The LORD works out everything for his own ends—
even the wicked for a day of disaster.

5 The LORD detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for;
through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.

7 When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD,
he makes even his enemies live at peace with him

8 Better a little with righteousness
than much gain with injustice.

9 In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps

10 The lips of a king speak as an oracle,
and his mouth should not betray justice.

11 Honest scales and balances are from the LORD;
all the weights in the bag are of his making.

12 Kings detest wrongdoing,
for a throne is established through righteousness

13 Kings take pleasure in honest lips;
they value a man who speaks the truth

14 A king's wrath is a messenger of death,
but a wise man will appease it.

15 When a king's face brightens, it means life;
his favor is like a rain cloud in spring.

16 How much better to get wisdom than gold,
to choose understanding rather than silver!

17 The highway of the upright avoids evil;
he who guards his way guards his life.

18 Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.

19 Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed
than to share plunder with the proud.

20 Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.

21 The wise in heart are called discerning,
and pleasant words promote instruction. [a]

22 Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it,
but folly brings punishment to fools.

23 A wise man's heart guides his mouth,
and his lips promote instruction.

24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

25 There is a way that seems right to a man,
but in the end it leads to death.

26 The laborer's appetite works for him;
his hunger drives him on.

27 A scoundrel plots evil,
and his speech is like a scorching fire.

28 A perverse man stirs up dissension,
and a gossip separates close friends.

29 A violent man entices his neighbor
and leads him down a path that is not good.

30 He who winks with his eye is plotting perversity;
he who purses his lips is bent on evil.

31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor;
it is attained by a righteous life.

32 Better a patient man than a warrior,
a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

33 The lot is cast into the lap,
but its every decision is from the LORD.

Last edited:

cocoberry10

The Lord has put on my heart to post these 2 verses today.

Proverbs 37: 23-24

23 If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;

24 though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand

Last edited:

cocoberry10

Micah 7:19
You will completely wipe out the evil things we've done.
You will throw all of our sins into the bottom of the sea.

planodiva

From the book of Jeremiah

23:23 Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord and not a God afar?

23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? Saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord

23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

I saw power in these scriptures letting me know my God is larger than anything I see as a challenge in my path.

cocoberry10

planodiva said:
From the book of Jeremiah

23:23 Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord and not a God afar?

23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? Saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord

23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

I saw power in these scriptures letting me know my God is larger than anything I see as a challenge in my path.

Thank you Planodiva!

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.