Daily Hair Styling

futureapl

Ladies I need your help asap. I don't know what to do with my hair. Don't get me wrong it's growing and thick. The only problem is I don't know how to style it. I cowash and air dry weekly. My hair looks blah on a daily basis. I want to have that straight sleek look without flat ironing it. I haven't flat ironed my hair in almost two years and I don't want to start again. I don't know how to rollerset it neither (If you know of any tutorials please let me know). I feel like my hair is taking away from my overall put together look. Please help me to achieve that straight sleek look without a flat iron.

futureapl

@virtuenow I have relaxed 4b (I think) hair. It is about armpit length.
Airdried hair

Salon Relaxed and Rollerset Hair

Holla

You seem to know how to air dry it ok so you just need to tweak it a bit. When I was relaxed, I used to wash and smooth my hair all the way into a low ponytail by my nape. smooth the pony and pin it against my head. Tie with a SILK scarf (after moisturizing and heavy sealing). Airdry until completely dry. Then finger roll your hair into tight pincurls and leave overnight (under a satin bonnet - scarf tends to flatten them). The pin curls would make my hair bouncy and the air drying/heavy sealing would leave my hair smooth and shiny. You can also do different buns/pinups to vary your daily look.

krissyhair

I think the best way to get the results you want is to roller set. But since you don't know how, try curl formers.

They're good on wet or dry, moisturized hair. To get your hair straight after, wrap it. Or do pin curls for a voluminous, curly look.

vevster

After all these years I found a method that is working well for my hair....

On wash day, I use a spray leave in, then a creamy leave in with a gel on top for hold

Daily, I lightly mist my hair with one of those misters and use an oil or light pomade rubbed between my palms to style. This is so easy and works GREAT. HTHS