Daily Moisturizing and Oiling Routines

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I take a little moisturizer and rub it in my hands so it is spread thin because I don't want a big glob in my hair causing it to revert.
First I rub it on the roots (like when you're getting ready to put your hair back into a ponytail) then put it in a ponytail and do the same to the length of my hair making sure I get all my hair especially the ends. I do the same w/ the oil. I comb both the moisturizer and oil through to make sure it's distributed evenly.

I use Qhemet Amla and Olive heavy cream or s-curl for the moisturizer and wgo or coconut oil to seal. I use castor oil on my ends.

SpiritJunkie

i part my hair in sections and spray surge plus 14 to my scalp and them qp mango butter. let it absorb then add evoo and either braid my hair if i am doing instant weave or pull into ponytail.

if i am wearing braid 2-3 days in a row i spray sureg 14 plus all over my head.

malachi74

Isis said:
I do moisturize my ends twice daily with Constant Care for Ends.

Is that a product? Where do I get it? Also, can you provide me with your hair care regimen? I am interested in keeping beautiful tex-laxed hair like yours.

keluric

:wave: Hey, pinayprincess:)

I oil my scalp with different things depending on my mood. Sometimes, I use straight MTG. Other times, I use an MTG, Minoval, black castor oil, and nettle extract combination. I'll also mix this with sulfur ointment to make a paste about the consistency of a light pomade.

For leave-in, I always spray my mixture onto my hair. The base of my leave-in is always carol's daughter tui and I add whatever else to that.. nettle extract, indian castor oil, a squirt of conditioner..

After doing all of this, I usually do two french braids and baggy the very ends using either black castor oil or a mix of CD hair balm and CD hair elixir.

comike

:(
blackbarbie said:
I use NTM Silk Therapy to moisturize and at the end of today (like today), my hair was really tangled from the wind blowing, etc, so I put some in the palm of my hands and fingered throughout my hair, even I had to end up going back and doing 4 sections and concentrating on each section. (my hair felt dry as a bone).....I use my fingers b/c raking a comb through my very dry hair would have probably caused a lot of snap, crackling and pops!

I also was sure to moisturize the ends very well too. I followed up with the Profectiv for ends and applied this only to my ends. (I am not sure if I even need this step, but I am trying to give this stuff a chance since so many are raving about it; besides, I just got freshly clipped ends and want to preserve them)

Then I use a tad bit of jojoba oil to seal only the ends and just gloss over the top surface of the hair......wrap, then tie with silk scarf.

I put just a tad more on NTM on in the morning too.

Does this make your hard sticky and stiff? Or do you still have body and movement?

Jas123

The Star of a Story
OMIGOD, you guys have such detailed routines for moisture/sealing...Me, since I wear my hair in a baggie/bun everyday I just pile on the profective health ends or mega growth then slap some jamaican black castor oil (jbco) over and brush my edges only (very gently) put hair up and go...takes about 5 minutes.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
After co-washing I'll use either my own mix or Qhemet Biologics products, putting it in my hands first, rubbing them together then running my hands thru-out my hair, then I put my hair in a bun, spray my ends with a little bit a s-curl then I put on the baggie then I put on my phony pony and keep it moving. :)

Nanyanika

sherylin123 said:
OMIGOD, you guys have such detailed routines for moisture/sealing...Me, since I wear my hair in a baggie/bun everyday I just pile on the profective health ends or mega growth then slap some jamaican black castor oil (jbco) over and brush my edges only (very gently) put hair up and go...takes about 5 minutes.
This is exactly what i do, less manipulation=more length retention for me.

LocksOfLuV

keluric said:
:wave: Hey, pinayprincess:)

I oil my scalp with different things depending on my mood. Sometimes, I use straight MTG. Other times, I use an MTG, Minoval, black castor oil, and nettle extract combination. I'll also mix this with sulfur ointment to make a paste about the consistency of a light pomade.

For leave-in, I always spray my mixture onto my hair. The base of my leave-in is always carol's daughter tui and I add whatever else to that.. nettle extract, indian castor oil, a squirt of conditioner..

After doing all of this, I usually do two french braids and baggy the very ends using either black castor oil or a mix of CD hair balm and CD hair elixir.

Where do you get you nettle extract and what exactly does it do for you? Or the promised benefits?

pistachio

Well, I do the baggie method, and i've tried it with my ponytail damp with water and oil, and it makes my hair too soft to where no matter how gentle I'm with my hair it breaks. Therefore my oiling regimine is washing my hair, blow-drying smooth, and then applying oil lightly on my scalp, but VERY heavily on my ponytail. I put the ponytail into a braided bun, and then take a little plastic sanwich bag and pour a teaspoon of oil into the bag, and then slide the bag over the ponytail, secure it with a band, and then place a dry baggie over that one, and secure it. And then in the morning, I put my little hair sock I made over the bun to conceal the baggie.