Daily Scripture Readings and Our Daily Bread

greenidlady1

January 13, 2005

Raku
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation. —Romans 12:12

Some friends gave us a piece of Raku pottery. "Each pot is hand-formed," the tag explained, "a process that allows the spirit of the artist to speak through the finished work with particular directness and intimacy."

Once the clay has been shaped by the potter it is fired in a kiln. Then, glowing red hot, it is thrust into a smoldering sawdust pile where it remains until finished. The result is a unique product—"one of a kind," the tag on our piece insists.

So it is with us. We bear the imprint of the Potter's hand. He too has spoken through His work "with particular directness and intimacy." Each of us is formed in a unique way for a unique work: "We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10).

But though we are created for good works, we're not yet finished. We must experience the kiln of affliction. Aching hearts, weary spirits, aging bodies are the processes God uses to finish the work He has begun.

Don't fear the furnace that surrounds you. Be "patient in tribulation" and await the finished product. "Let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing" (James 1:4). —David Roper

We are here to be perfected,
Only God our needs can see;
Rarest gems bear hardest grinding,
God's own workmanship are we. —Anon.

He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. —Philippians 1:6

Last edited:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Daily Scriptures Reading

Webby had started this a couple of months ago and it fell to the wayside, but I would like to start it again. Sometime God will lay a scripture on your heart that you would like to post and encourge someone els.

So this thread will be for anyone who has a scripture that they would like to share with everyone or just come here and be encourged.

I will try to post a new scripture every morning as God gives them to me.

Stay Blessed

First scripture:

Proverbs 31:30-31 (New International Version)

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Give her the reward she has earned,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Last edited by a moderator:

greenidlady1

Re: Daily Scriptures Reading

I have started a thread with the daily bread in this discussion area. My plan was to add the new one each day I can.
Take care,
G

greenidlady1

Re: Our Daily Bread

Daily Bread- 1/14

A Stone In The Mouth

A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul. —Proverbs 18:7
We would all cringe at the thought of a mouth full of gravel. But a stone in the mouth can actually be desirable—at least that seems to be true for the cranes that inhabit the Taurus mountains of southern Turkey.

These cranes tend to cackle a lot, especially while flying. All that noise gets the attention of eagles, who swoop down and seize them for a meal. The experienced cranes avoid this threat by picking up stones large enough to fill their mouths. This prevents them from cackling—and from becoming lunch for the eagles.

People have a problem with their mouths too. The writer of Proverbs said, "He who guards his mouth preserves his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction" (13:3). "A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calls for blows" (18:6). How many of our troubles could be prevented if we would learn to control our tongues! How much of the heartache we cause others could be avoided if we would guard our speech!

Are you having a problem with your tongue? Try this: Ask the Lord for His help. Think before speaking. Let your words be few. Following that formula can be as effective as a stone in the mouth. —Richard De Haan

Lord, help me watch the words I say
And keep them few and sweet,
For I don't know from day to day
Which ones I'll have to eat. —Anon.

Mind what you say, or you might say whatever comes to mind.

pebbles

Ladies, I've merged the two threads in one so that they can both be at the top and preserve space at the same time.

Raquel, I've highlighted your scripture verses so that they stand out. I'll be memorizing as much as possible, and I challenge others to do the same! :)

Greenidlady1, thank-you for your posts! :Rose:

Last edited:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Praise Him,

We are on fire now. The Word in one thread and prayer in another two. We are putting the devil on notice the Saints of LHCF is on fire and he can't touch us.

greenidlady1

LadyR said:
Praise Him,

We are on fire now. The Word in one thread and prayer in another two. We are putting the devil on notice the Saints of LHCF is on fire and he can't touch us.

AMEN!!! The enemy is going to have to step back!!

greenidlady1

January 15, 2005

Social Stomachs

Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord! —Psalm 119:1

Honey ants survive in difficult times by depending on certain members of their group known as "honey pots." They take in so much nectar that they swell up until they resemble little round berries, hardly able to move. When food and water become scarce, these ants act as "social stomachs" and sustain the entire colony by dispensing what they have stored in their own bodies.

Similarly, the messenger of God must fill his heart and mind with the truths of Scripture. Only as he is faithful in applying the Word of God to his own life can he honestly give its nourishing encouragement and exhortation to others.

The Lord told the prophet Ezekiel to eat a scroll that contained a message full of "lamentations and mourning and woe" (Ezekiel 2:10). Because he was submissive to the Lord and applied the lesson to his own heart first, he could boldly present the life-giving message to all who would listen.

As believers, we too must develop a "social stomach" by digesting the truths of the Bible and allowing the Spirit of God to make them a part of our lives. Then, filled with God's Word, we can speak effectively to others who are in need of spiritual food. —Mart De Haan

As we read Your Word, O Lord,
Our spirit will be fed;
We then can share with others
That precious living bread. —D. De Haan

Jesus said, "I am the bread of life." —John 6:35

pebbles

LadyR said:
Praise Him,

AMEN! Thank-you so much, ladies, for grabbing a spiritual weapon and standing a post against the enemy with me. May God rain blessings in abundance over you! :rosebud:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Scripture of the Day - Janaury 15, 2004 (By request)

IT's time to choose ladies who you will serve:

Joshua 24 (New International Version)

14 "Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD . 15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD ."

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I for one am so glad this thread was started. Since they are now monitoring our internet use at work, I wont be able to be on as much as I was during work hours, but I'll come here every morning between 6:00 and 7:30 am to check out the daily bread. Thanks for starting this. the bread today really speaks to me. Thanks again.

pebbles

LadyR said:
Scripture of the Day - Janaury 15, 2004 (By request)

IT's time to choose ladies who you will serve:

Joshua 24 (New International Version)

14 "Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD . 15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD ."

:clap: Beautiful!

pebbles

ladydee36330 said:
I for one am so glad this thread was started. Since they are now monitoring our internet use at work, I wont be able to be on as much as I was during work hours, but I'll come here every morning between 6:00 and 7:30 am to check out the daily bread. Thanks for starting this. the bread today really speaks to me. Thanks again.

I love the Daily Bread too! :) I'm so thrilled with what God is doing in our lives! :trampoline:

webby

Think Slim

LadyR said:
Webby had started this a couple of months ago and it fell to the wayside, but I would like to start it again. Sometime God will lay a scripture on your heart that you would like to post and encourge someone els.

So this thread will be for anyone who has a scripture that they would like to share with everyone or just come here and be encourged.

I will try to post a new scripture every morning as God gives them to me.

Stay Blessed

First scripture:

Proverbs 31:30-31 (New International Version)

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Give her the reward she has earned,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Thank you for picking this up. I've been in my own personal funk. I can always pray for others, but rarely for myself...this thread is right on time :rosebud:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Praise the God

This is the Day that the Lord Hath Made, WE will Rejoice and be Glad in IT.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday. I don't know about you but I'm going to church today excepting a Word from the Lord a Word just for me.

Scripture for today. I am posting two different versions; Enjoy and Be Blessed

January 16, 2005

Proverbs 3:5-7 (New International Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight. [a]

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.

Proverbs 3:5-7 (Amplified Bible)

5.Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

6In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. 7Be not wise in your own eyes; reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn [entirely] away from evil.

Last edited:

greenidlady1

January 16, 2005

Frightened By A Boxer

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. —Isaiah 41:10

On a bright Sunday morning one of my boys, who was just a little fellow, was walking to church with me. Soon the sights and sounds of a new day invited him to skip on ahead. Suddenly his carefree progress came to an end. A few yards away was a boxer dog looking at him. Stopping abruptly, my son turned and rushed to my side. Only when his hand was securely in mine and he knew I was right beside him was he able to walk undisturbed past the boxer.

What a picture of our pilgrimage through this world! From time to time the fierce-looking obstacles of illness, money problems, or personal conflicts appear before us, striking fear into our hearts. At first we are bewildered and life seems to be at a dead end. But then by faith we make our way to the Savior, realizing we dare not go forward without the assurance of His presence. As we completely trust in Him, He helps us face the future by walking with us each step of the way.

If anxiety and dread are lurking on the threshold of your tomorrow, remember God's wonderful promise in Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." —Dennis De Haan

Though there are dangers untold and stern
Confronting me in the way,
Willingly still would I go, nor turn,
But trust You for grace each day. —Tovey
© 1914, Herbert G. Tovey

If you can't find a way out, look up.

greenidlady1

pebbles said:
I love the Daily Bread too! :) I'm so thrilled with what God is doing in our lives! :trampoline:

I am so glad that you and everyone else are getting a blessing from this and from Lady R's scriptures :) I have done this for a while for friends and co-workers who are belivers, but YOUR prayer request thread made me think of putting this on the board also!! Isn't it amazing how one good thing for Him can grow into a multitude of blessings? Have a blessed day ladies!
Take care,
G

greenidlady1

January 17, 2005
What God Can Do

[God] delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us. —2 Corinthians 1:10

They were called the "lost boys" of Sudan. Thousands of them fled the civil war in that country and sought refuge from the chaos and killing. Many had been taught the gospel in churches founded by missionaries, but they knew little of the world beyond their villages.

A National Geographic article profiled one of these "lost boys" who is now resettled in the United States. He told a church congregation that he is grateful for the comforts of the US, but also for the faith he learned through hardship. "Americans believe in God," he told them, "but they don't know what God can do."

In the crucible of testing, we move from theory to reality as we experience God's power. When there seems to be no hope, we may share Paul's feeling of being "burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we [despair] even of life" (2 Corinthians 1:8). But we can also learn, as Paul did, that in the darkest times "we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead" (v.9).

If God has allowed you to be in a desperate situation today, why not reconsider all that the Almighty has done and can still do. By trusting God in hardship we learn what He can do in our lives. —David McCasland

Though weak and helpless in life's fray,
God's mighty power shall be my stay;
Without, within, He gives to me
The strength to gain the victory. —D. De Haan

God is the only ally we can always count on.

sithembile

Thank you for this message greenilady! I have also found that I only began to "know" God through suffering/pain. I now thank God for those times as they strengthened my faith and my love for Him.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Re: Daily Scripture Readings and Our Daily Bread - January 17, 2005

Sorry today's Scripture is being posted so late, but I have been going through this morning. And as I was going thru and trying not to waiver or doubt my favorite song came to my mind as well as the scripture that I think goes with the song. In addition this ties into the daily bread for today. Trusting God even when things are going bad or so we think.

The song that came to mind was James Cleveland "Where Is Your Faith In God"

Saying that the Daily Scripture for today is:

Hebrews 11:1 (King James Version)

1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

And now my favorite translation:

Hebrews 11:1 (Amplified Bible)

1NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, [a]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Last year I was given a mini sermon in my heart and today I found it. I wanted to post this and I hope that it will be a blessing for someone. It is a little long sorry:

"WHERE IS YOUR FAITH"
The definition of faith is in Hebrews 11:1 says that Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (The New American Standard). Another way to look at it is to say you must have frequent belief and reliance upon God.

Where is Your Faith, when you have receive the promise, but yet it look like everything is going the complete opposite of the promise. Where is Your Faith, when it seems that your children are not going in the direction that you think they should, or your relationship is falling apart. When it look like you are losing your mind. This is a question I have had to ask myself, or I should say that God had to ask me. When I didn’t think I was going to make it a small voice called to me and asked " Where is Your Faith" Is it in the Word of God or are you listening to the voice of Satan? And the funny thing abut the voice of Satan is that it can come from people who are really trying to help you, but are being used. They are the ones that says "are you sure it was God and not the devil?" They start having you question your own assurance. But that is when you have to dig deep inside, that is when you have to know that you know Your Father’s voice. As John 10:27 states " My sheep will knows my voice". Again I ask you " Where Is Your Faith" today. Is it in man, money or your job or do you have the faith in God as the men and women of the Old Testament had. Let look at one of them: Here we have Rahab a harlot or as we say today a prostitute. Hebrew 11:31 states: By faith Rahab the harlot perished not with them that were disobedient, having received the spies with peace (American Standard Version). Now she wasn’t a Israelite, nor did she serve their God, but by faith she took in His people and hid them. Now is Joshua 2:9-14 she tell the spies of Israel that she knows what their God can do and that she knows that God has promised them the land. Rahab had faith in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and for her faith not only was her life and the life of her family spare but she also became part of the line of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Do you have the faith of that mustard seed that Jesus speaks of in Matthew 17:20 that can move mountain. Do you have the faith when God tells you something and shows you something ;you don’t question it you just say ok Lord if you said it then I believe it. Do you have the faith to move when God says move without question. "Where is Your Faith’ today. Hebrew 11:6 states: And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. (ASV). Now I like the first part "Without Faith it is impossible to please God. Starting right now we must have that mustard seed faith. To move when HE says move, to act when HE says act and to believe in the promises that HE has given us even when it doesn’t seem like the is a chance for them to transpire, because when God says yes he means yes. His yes means yes.

Do you have that mustard seed faith today?

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Re: Daily Scripture Readings and Our Daily Bread -January 18, 2005

I hope everyone has blessed day

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New American Standard Bible)

11'For I know the (A)plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for (B)welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a (C)hope.

greenidlady1

Our Daily Bread 1/18

January 18, 2005
Tight Lines

Always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. —1 Peter 3:15

Fishermen sometimes bestow this blessing on one another: "May you keep a tight line," by which we mean, "May you always have a trout on your line."
As I've gotten older, however, I must confess that a tight line means less to me now than it once did. I get as much enjoyment from fishing as I do from catching.

When I'm fishing, I have more time to walk streamside and enjoy the solitude and silence, and to look for places where fish might be lurking. When I try too hard to catch, I lose too many fish and the enjoyment of the day.

Jesus calls us to be fishers of men, not catchers (Matthew 4:19). My job is to go where the fish are, walk among them, study their habitat, and learn their ways. And then to toss out a line and see if one rises to the surface. There's more enjoyment in that easy effort, and I have better results.

So I want to fish for people, looking for opportunities to speak a word about Jesus, casting here and there, and leaving the results with God. It's more calming for me and for the fish—the folks who might get spooked by my clumsiness.

Thus I now bless my fellow fishers with: "May you keep your line in the water." Or, as another fisherman once put it, "Always be ready" (1 Peter 3:15). —David Roper

White are the fields for the harvest,
Workers are all too few;
Souls are awaiting the message—
Christ still depends on you. —Anon.

When you fish for souls, cast your nets in faith and draw them in with love.

greenidlady1

Sithembile, Pebbles-
Thank YOU for your e-mails to let me know that this is a blessing. Yesterday was a hard day and your e-mails encouraged me.
Take care,
G

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Re: Daily Scripture Readings and Our Daily Bread - January 19, 2005

Good morning Ladies:

Always remember that the Lord will provide even when it doesn't look like there is a way

Be Blessed and encourged

Matthew 6 (New International Version)

25“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?
28“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.