Damage Control (Article from Vibe Vixen)

so1913

I got a free copy of Vibe Vixen which is is a Vibe magazine spin-off for women...ladies, if you are a product (hair, skin, make up) or clothes junkie, you DO NOT want to get hold of the magazine, lol. I want to buy EVERYTHING in this thing! There was a feature on removing dreadlocks as well as summer hair care, which is what I will share with you all. Excuse typos, it's late and I'm dosing off, lol.

Damage Control
Don't let your hair take a beating fromt eh brutal summer sun. Find relief in a bottle with these helpers:

NOURISH - "Wash both natural and relaxed hair twice a week in the summer to keep oil buildup off the scalp" says Edris Nicholls, owner of Edris Salon in New York City. Lather up with Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Shampoo, a mild product that rebuilds damaged hair and boosts shine,. Or, before jetting off for vacation, tuck Phytoplage Moisturizing Hair & Body Wash into your suitcase. Designed to rid hair of salt, sand, and chlorine, this detangler also softens skin.

PAMPER - Whether your hair is kinky or straight, New York City based stylist Ellin Lavar recommends treating it to a dose of serious conditioning once a week. Try her Reconstruct Masque, which contains amino acids to replenish moisture and repair the hair shaft. For the deepest penetration, apply a thick layer, cover hair iwht plastic cap, and sit under a hooded dryer for 20 minutes.

STYLE - "Summer hair should be carefree," says Nicholls. To get this look on relaxed hair, was as normal and towel dry. Section hair into one-inch parts and apply a leave in conditioner with sun protection, like Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Conditioner, from the roots to the ends. Finally scrunch hair with a non-drying alcohol free styling gel like Nioxin Smoothing Reflectives Pure Shine Gel and let it air dry into a funky textured do. To get a similar look on Afros, comb the conditioner through damp hair and then put one to two inch secitons into double strand twists. Allow to dry overnight or, for more definition, sit under a hooded dryer for 15 to 20 minutes. Unravel, finger comb hair and go. Cover at night with a satin scar to make the style last longer.

SHIELD - Like your face, hair should always be protected in the summer. When outdoors, mist natural styles with Davines Well Being Shelter to add moisture. "it's mostly water with natural oils, do don't worry about any product buildup", Nicholls explains. "Spray it on whenever hair starts to feel dry." When massaged in, it also works well as a pre-swiming treatment to prevent hair from absorbing salt water or chlorine. Keep relaxed hair sun safe with Aestelance Hair Revitalizer Balm, a lightweight leave in conditoner with UV protection. UV blocking products will also help keep color treated hair from turning dull or brassy. L'Oreal Vive Color Care Dry Defense 3 Minute Treatment is quick conditoineg fix against these harmful rays.

The Goods:
Nioxin Smoothing Reflectives Pure Shine Gel $13
Phytoplage Moisturizing Hair and Body Wash $18
Aestelance Hair Revitalizer Balm $25
L'Oreal Vive Color Care Dry Defense 3 Minute Treatments $6
Davines Well Being Shelter $16
Ellin Lavar Reconstruct Masque $25
Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Shampoo and Daily Conditoiner $10 and $12

so1913

Just says Summer 2006 on display until August 22, 2006

Kelly Rowland on the Cover

Oh it's catagorized as a Fashion, Beauty, Culture, Livestyle, and Music Magazine

Tee

Great. THanks. I have this one. Thanks for putting this up for us. I never read the article. (silly me)

OnceUponAtime

Timely post. I was just reviewing my summer hair plans and spent a long time on Sephora looking at Phyto products. Phyto was also recommended in another article, for UV protection.

I might make this a Phyto summer.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
That magazine is dangerous to the wallet! I luv it...:lol:

O/T: is that Raheem in your siggy? :love:

so1913 said:
Just says Summer 2006 on display until August 22, 2006

Kelly Rowland on the Cover

Oh it's catagorized as a Fashion, Beauty, Culture, Livestyle, and Music Magazine

so1913

bklynwildheart said:
That magazine is dangerous to the wallet! I luv it...:lol:

O/T: is that Raheem in your siggy? :love:

Girl, I got a LIST of stuff (make up, clothes, hair) I want to buy from this one issue.

and yes ma'am, that is Mr. Devaughn.