Damaged Hair Treatment Instructions

Laginappe

I found this on another site. Its long but informative.
[ QUOTE ]

Here are my Conditioning recs for fixing Dehydrated, Chemically and/or Heat Damaged Hair, and/or Dry hair (lacking Oils):

These products (Aphogee Treatment, PM Supercharged, Nexxus Emergencee, and Porosity Control) will work on ALL damaged hair types, with the EXCEPTION of curly permed hair. Using the Porosity Control on Chemically Curly Permed Hair, MAY loosen the curl.

Alternative shampoos have been listed below for those unable to use the Sebastian Laminates...which is BEST for VERY thick, wavy/curly or coarse hair. Can be used on Straight hair...if the hair is VERY thick in abundance, and at least a med coarseness.

1 - Do an Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair, and then RINSE OUT.
2 - then do the PM Supercharged (for 15 min), and RINSE OUT.
3 - then use the Porosity Control (for 15 min), and RINSE OUT.

If your hair is ALSO "dry" (lacking in oils), you will need to incorporate a Hot Oil Treatment once per week. I rec Queen Helene's Cholesterol Hot Oil. It is avail at Sallys, and is color safe!

If your hair IS damaged due to heat or chemicals, then Dryness is the first damage stage (oils have been stripped away). This can also occur from HARSH SHAMPOOS! Avoid shampoos containing Ammonium Laurel Sulfate...which is very DRYING to hair. Look for Sodium Laurel Sulfate, or Sodium Laureth Sulfate. While also somewhat drying, using a shampoo that does not contain them, may not be "cleansing enough" to remove dirt and styling product buildup. If your hair is REALLY fried...just skip shampooing all together for a while! Or, dillute your shampoo with water. Put in a tint bottle, and apply the shampoo sparingly JUST TO the scalp. Massage in...and RINSE OUT! Do not apply shampoo to your hair strands.

Hair that is Dehydrated (lacking in moisture), is usally ALWAYS also DRY (lacking in oils). But Dry hair is NOT always Dehydrated. It depends on how DEEP the damage has gone into your hairshaft.

Hair Damage has 3 stages:#1 = Dry (oil has been stripped) You need a Hot Oil Treatment once per week.

#2 = Dehydrated (moisture has been stripped...which means hair is also POROUS). You need PM Supercharged Moisturizer + Porosity Control.

#3= VERY DAMAGED STAGE! Protein Bonds have been broken (hair breaking)--Use Aphogee Treatment ....or Protein Bonds have been STRIPPED (hair is spongy when wet...melts off!) --use BOTH Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair, and use Nexxus Emergencee.

The following TREATMENT is written for those with a #3 STAGE OF DAMAGE. If you have less damage (Stage 2 or 1), then use those products appropriate for you. However, following the below treatments will NOT hurt your hair, even if you do not have a level 3 stage of damage. Neglecting to do them, however, if you DO have a level 3 damage, IS bad.

Aphogee Treatment (for level 2's AND 3)
-------------------
Repeat once every 5 weeks and BEFORE (24-48 hours BEFORE coloring) AND AFTER any FULL BLEACH or TINT or COLOR REMOVER process. Not necessary for just "root touchups".

Day 1 - Light shampoo with Sebastian's Laminates Shampoo. (if your scalp is OILY, use a gentle shampoo for Normal hair, on scalp only. Do not pour shampoo directly on length of hair strands). If your hair is VERY thin....use Nexxus Diametress Shampoo.

Aphogee Treatment - ALWAYS wear a Salon Cape [Sallys], or drape a towel around your neck and shoulders WHEN EVER you use a PROFESSIONAL product. These are VERY strong. The Aphogee can cause an irritation on your skin (burning sensation...redness...welting) IF it is allowed to remain on your skin for LONG periods of time (as in you did not rinse it all off!). Drying time in Aphogee can vary according to how damaged your hair is ...or how long or how thick it is. It takes me between 25-45 min to get it HARD! You must let it get HARD and Stiff before rinsing. I use a blow dryer on high heat, high air flow setting. Just keep drying until your hair is REALLY HARD.

Rinse this product off in the SHOWER, for 2 reasons:
1)you do NOT want to manipulate your hair while it is in the HARD stage. It could SNAP off. Do not touch it as you BLOW DRY or sit under a hooded dryer. Do not bend your head over a sink.
2) RINSE off all the Aphogee from your neck and shoulder area. This does NOT irritate the scalp but it does irritate the other skin if left on for a few hours.

If your hair is not damaged enough to warrant their use...nothing will happen. You just won't notice a dramatic change. BUT, if your hair IS damaged...you will LOVE the results!

Follow any Aphogee Treatment with an application of PM Supercharged.
* Leave the PM on for about 15 min. - Rinse
Follow up with Porosity Control IF hair is porous.
* Leave the PC on for about 15 min. - Rinse

Day 2-8 - Light Shampoo with Laminates Shampoo.
Nexxus Emergencee Treatment (for level 3 Damage) + follow up with PM Supercharged, and then Porosity Control..if needed. Repeat this for a total of 7 consecutive times, every time you wash your hair. Days 2-8.

Day 9+ - use Nexxus Emergencee ONCE a week...until hair regains normal strength. Always follow with PM Supercharged.

During this time, continue to use the Porosity Control as needed. Keep the Porosity Control on for 15 min...not the 30 sec as per directions.

YOU must ALWAYS use the PM Supercharged after the Aphogee or Nexxus. Or your hair will feel BRITTLE and ROUGH.
Porosity Control helps to make hair LESS porous. And it restores hair to the proper pH levels.....it is an "acidifier". It will make your hair more sleek and shiny and conditioned.

Use the PM Gloss Drops before and after blow drying.

For ADDED protection from heat...or if hair is VERY chemically stressed...use the Wellatex "Liquid Hair Leave-In Protein Reconstructor". You must spray on damp hair, comb through, and do not use any other products. Blow dry with AIR HEAT only (not brush) until hair is 80% dry. Then add Gloss Drops, gel, whatever...and style/blow dry with brush, etc. Because the Liquid Hair contains Protein, it is DRYING, and you must use the Gloss Drops on your hair BEFORE blowdrying.

If you want to do a "Gloss Treatment" without adding COLOR....use the Radiance ClearShine alone...with just the Infuser.
Use 2 oz. Clear Gloss mixed in an applicator bottle with 2 oz. Infuser

*NOTE: If you have an OILY Scalp/Damaged Hair...just use the conditioning products from your midlengths to your ends. NOT on scalp or hair roots! That includes GLoss Drops! Only apply gloss drops to the LENGTH of your hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

KinksnCurlz

Thanks

Laginappe

I found it on VanityFiles.net. Its another site with a collection of beauty and hair boards. But it seems to be defunct because there hasn't been any posts there in several months.

OneShinyface

I know where this came from!!! I have had this document saved and have used it for a few years now. <font color="purple"> This was from Pam Too who used to post regularly on beautybuzz.com, vanityfiles.net and The Refuge.com.
</font>

Laginappe

Pam Too - yeah that's her name!! YAY PAM!!!

I also wanted to add that I don't think you have to stick exactly to her product list - well besides the Apoghee….and maybe the Porosity Control. I think the PM Supercharged could be substitued with your favorite heavy duty moisturizing conditioner….maybe…probably. What do you guys think?

When I do and Apoghee, I follow up with Elasta QP DPR-11, which is the moisturizing conditioner that my hair loves the most.

And the PM Gloss Drops – I know some of us here use other shine products…

And ditto again with the Gloss Treatment. Right now my fave cellophane product just happens to be PM’s new PM Shines. It’s the first cellophane that effectively covers my grey! Although it has more steps to it than say Sebastian’s cellophane product.

Does anyone have any experience with the Wellatex "Liquid Hair Leave-In Protein Reconstructor”?? I’ve been looking for it but haven’t found it anywhere. Do they still make it? Is it a good product?

CICI24

I really like porosity control. I used it when I had problems with tangles and it gave me an effortless comb out.

caress

Porosity Control pH 4.5 Corrector &amp; Conditioner

Sally Item #: 700858

Moisturizes, detangles &amp; lusterizes while helping to create more uniform color, perm, or relaxer results.

Size: 15.2 fl oz, 2 fl oz

Obtain even coloring results and maintain healthy hair with Revlon Porosity Control Shampoo and Porosity Corrector &amp; Conditioner.

* Leaves hair natural looking, vibrant, manageable
* Equalizes hair porosity for uniform color, perm, or relaxing results

Usage Tips
Shampoo hair with Porosity Control Shampoo. Apply Conditioner. Leave in hair 30 seconds. Rinse.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Oleyl Betaine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lecithin, Lactic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, C.I. 61570 (D&amp;C Green #5), C.I. 60730 (EXT. D&amp;C Violet #2)

jaibee

when i was going to my old stylist before i moved, if i was stretching out my relaxer (ex: 8 weeks post touch up but not getting a relaxer), my stylist would do an aphogee treatment and follow up with PM supercharged moisturizer. It always made my new growth very manageable and my hair looked super healthy when she finished

she used to use the gloss drops, but I don't get good results using them at home... i get better results with design essentials or elucence shine spray