Damaged Hair Treatment Instructions

MeechUK

MeechUK
Guest,
natural hair can still be porous! Environmental factors can cause this condition. Whilst Porosity Control is ideal for any hair processes it is an excellent conditioner for natural hair especially if used in conjunction with the PM Supercharged. You will notice the difference immediately following your first application, these two are an excellent deep conditioning treatment.

babybemine

My hair is natural and really spongy when wet. Does that mean it's severly damaged (Protein bonds are stripped?!) ?? I haven't had a relaxer in about 10 years!! And I don't color my hair either, and I don't press it. I may have flat ironed it 3 times in 10 years. How did my hair get damaged then ?? I know something's wrong cos it breaks a lot ... When am I going to figure this out ?!?

brickhouse

babybemine sorry to hear about your hair. Do a search on Porosity Control. Sally has a sale going on. When you purchase the conditioner you get the shampoo free....HTH

Bunny77

babybemine said:
My hair is natural and really spongy when wet. Does that mean it's severly damaged (Protein bonds are stripped?!) ?? I haven't had a relaxer in about 10 years!! And I don't color my hair either, and I don't press it. I may have flat ironed it 3 times in 10 years. How did my hair get damaged then ?? I know something's wrong cos it breaks a lot ... When am I going to figure this out ?!?

I don't know what you use on your hair, but sometimes you can put too many products on your hair that you think are moisturizing, but that really just coat your hair and PREVENT moisture from getting in. If that happens, your hair can get damaged.

I know when I went natural, I used a lot of the old products that I put on my hair when I was relaxed (trying to keep the water out). As a natural, however, my hair needed that water and all of those moisturizers just hardened my hair.

You might want to do a clarifying rinse or shampoo, do a protein conditioner and then do a moisturizing deep treatment with products that don't have mineral oil, cholesterol, etc. Look for more water-based conditioners as opposed to heavy cream ones.

babybemine

Thanks Bunny77 and Brickhouse! I have been using a protein conditioner (UBH) for about a year so my hair is getting better but I get a lot of strands in my hands (long and short) whenever I try to put my moisturiser (UBH) in, after a wash. Maybe thats the problem ... trying to manipulate my hair while wet...

Either way I just read the entire thread and did the porosity test with 5 hair strands in water. At first the strands stayed on top of the water but then I noticed that because of all my coils, not all the hair strand was laying on the water surface. So I pushed the strands a little so that the whole thing touches water, AND THE STRANDS IMMEDIATELY SANK!

Has anyone else with natural hair tried this test ?!

brickhouse

babybemine it sounds like your hair is very porous. Mine is doing a whole lot better since the porosity control. DSD used some on her daughter's hair who is transitioning and it helped her as well.

Lovelylocs

I thought that Aphogee and Nexxus emergencee were both equally strong protein treatments. Why do we have to use both?

UmSumayyah

Well I tried day 1 of this treatment yesterday and I think I see major improvement. I'll know for sure the next time I wash my hair if it is working so far.

Lovelylocs

Is there an alternative to PM Supercharged that works just as well? Also, which Porosity Control are we using? Can someone show me a pic of the bottle please?

Synthia

I liked reading the distrinction between DEHYDRATED VS. DRY hair. I hadn't really thought about the difference before.

And I forgot all about Liquid Hair by Wella. I haven't used or even thought of that product in years.

I'm about to go Google it.