Damaged Hair

licutiexx

I found this article on BET.com

Black Hair F.A.Q.: Damaged Hair
By Akiba Solomon

Q: How can I nurse my damaged, shoulder-length, permed hair back to health?

A: There are many reasons why hair may be damaged -- a bad perm, too-tight braids, overzealous hot curling. Turn to a professional for a thorough consultation regarding the specific problems with your hair. That said, there is basic advice of which everyone should take note when trying to heal hurt tresses.

The first piece of advice, and one that you should memorize as if it is a New Age mantra, is that you will not fool anyone trying to hang onto damaged, but long, hair. Repeat after me: If you can see through the (thinning) layers at the bottom of your hair, then it needs to be cut off. Not only will your hair instantly look healthier to passersby on the street, but it will be the first step in fixing what's wrong.

Once you've cut off the split ends (and committed to maintenance trims every six weeks), avoid the following: too-hot styling tools, hot-curling hair daily and alcohol-based products, which encourage dryness that can lead to breakage. Now is also a good time to become best friends with a deep conditioning regimen that will protect your hair from further ravaging.

And finally, opt for a style that requires less frequent chemical processing and heat treatment, such as a wrap, braids or a bun. If you can't roll it up each night, then you need a new style.

They made some good points in this article though I wouldn't agree with everything.

DatJerseyDyme

I wish I could put up a billboard that said:

<font color="red"> YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TRIM YOUR ENDS EVERY SIX WEEKS! </font>

licutiexx

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I could put up a billboard that said:

<font color="red"> YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TRIM YOUR ENDS EVERY SIX WEEKS! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that was kinda annoying b/c soooo many ppl stress that but it's not true

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]