Dandfruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis-check out Neem Oil

Ntrlmystik

I have a moderate to severe case of Seborrheic Dermatitis. I refuse to use steroids (they thin out the skin) and all those nasty shampoos contain ingredients that are too harsh for my skin and hair. Recently, I just started using Elasta QP's shampoo and that helped out a bit and wasn't as rough as Nizoral or Nuetrogena T-gel. I did some research and found out about Neem Oil. I purchased a bottle of the raw unpressed kind last week and after my 2nd treatment ( I use dabur vatika to pre poo the night before a wash so I added the neem oil -concentrating on massaging it into my scalp) my scalp is really clear. Its not at 100% yet but its the best its been in a while. I will update again in a few weeks to let anyone know the effect increases.

http://www.discover-neem-oil.com/neem-oil-hair.html

Last edited:

magviv

Ntrlmystik, I have seb derm as well and I'm always looking for something that's effective but won't dry my hair so much that it turns to straw. I ordered a bottle of neem oil from From Nature with Love last year. I haven't used it yet because I coudn't get over the strong smell. :ohwell: You've motivated me to go ahead and give it a try.

DivaD04

and I shall be waiting...i've purchased neem oil last year but it went ba so i threw it out...sun neglect...plz, let me know the long term effect w/ neem!

Ntrlmystik

Ntrlmystik, I have seb derm as well and I'm always looking for something that's effective but won't dry my hair so much that it turns to straw. I ordered a bottle of neem oil from From Nature with Love last year. I haven't used it yet because I coudn't get over the strong smell. :ohwell: You've motivated me to go ahead and give it a try.

Yes. It smells horrible but I am sucking it up for now. If it clears it away, I will start using it with a carrier oil such as jojoba to dilute it for maintenance.

morehairplease

I have seborrheic dermatitis and will check this out. Thanks so much for you neem oil rec. When I was relaxed, I had flare ups constantly and used the steroids(these actually do thin out the hair too bad I did not know that back then :wallbash::wallbash:).

Ntrlmystik

Just to follow up! The neem oil has worked wonders as far as keeping my scalp clear. Everyone has been asking me what am I using (Thats how noticeable it was) I am extremely happy because I think my scalp being in bad condition has resulted it my hair not growing as quickly or healthy as it has before. I used to get an inch a month without doing anything...since my scalp starting flaring and flaking (for the past seven years) a half of an inch is all I can get. I am going to start doing apple cider vinegar rinses in addition to the neem oil to maker sure my scalp stays clear until I take care of the real cause (they say its uncureable but I believe its an sign of toxicity)

LivingDoll

Just to follow up! The neem oil has worked wonders as far as keeping my scalp clear. Everyone has been asking me what am I using (Thats how noticeable it was) I am extremely happy because I think my scalp being in bad condition has resulted it my hair not growing as quickly or healthy as it has before. I used to get an inch a month without doing anything...since my scalp starting flaring and flaking (for the past seven years) a half of an inch is all I can get. I am going to start doing apple cider vinegar rinses in addition to the neem oil to maker sure my scalp stays clear until I take care of the real cause (they say its uncureable but I believe its an sign of toxicity)

That's great! I'm glad you found something that worked for you. I know the frustration and embarassment that dandruff causes. :yep:

Ramya

I have seb. too. i tried oils before but my hair is so fine it just makes it greasy. I have to wash everyday and I apply hydrocortisone cream on my hair line daily. I also don't relax my hair line b/c that's the area that is more prone to break out.

asubeauty

I have a really bad flaky scalp (I'm not sure what it is because I haven't seen a derm about it yet). I really want to try this. Where do you get neem oil??

magviv

I think your on to something with your theory on seb derm clogging the scalp and slowing hair growth as well as it being a sign of toxicity! I would love to hear if your rate of growth has increased because of the neem oil.

miami74

I am so glad to hear that the neem oil is working for you. :clap: I have psoriasis and sometimes it gets in my scalp causing major flare ups and flakes. It's good to know about this, so the next time I have that flare up in my scalp, I will give it a try. Thanks for posting!

ebonylocs

I have seb. too. i tried oils before but my hair is so fine it just makes it greasy.

Neem oil is fairly light. And it seems to have antiseptic / antibacterial properties, so it's not just an oil to moisturise dry scalp. It actually clears stuff up.

You're not really supposed to put in in your hair. Massage it very thoroughly into your *scalp*, leave it overnight, and wash out the next morning.

Can also add to shampoo before rubbing it into scalp.

Bigghair

My scalp is really itchy in spots but with no flakes. I purchased the Organix Neem Shampoo and Conditioner. So far, so good. I washed yesterday and my scalp feels good so far. I have the neem powder that I used as a paste treatment last week. I hope this will prevent this itchy scalp problem.