Dandruff sufferers or for people who scratch/oil scalp

Divake22

I have been a longtime sufferer of dandruff. I thought it was simply dryness and used frequent DC moisture treatments to no avail. I would then oil my scalp with qhemet honey/olive creme thinking it needed more moisture.

Even when I co-washed daily, still I would have flakes. My old routine (when I had the energy) was to scratch and wash. I then got on the no sulfates bandwagon, again thinking it must be dryness. I was discouraged from shampooing and only focused on conditioning or shampooing once prior to DC. I even tried MTG due its sulfur in combating dryness/dandruff.

So, now finally after misdiagnosing, I decided to use Denorex (cheapie found at drugstores). The ingredients do not have any sulfates, but it also has panthenol. The most important ingredient is 3% Salicylic acid. It is actually a 2 in 1 (shampoo/conditioner). I still continue DC w/Salerm or Olive Oil replenshing pack. However, I follow the directions of applying it twice when washing and twice a week.

And I love it!!! I have had no dandruff after 2 weeks of using it. Therefore, I no longer have to oil my scalp and my hair is the softess it has ever been.

Had to share, hopefully this may help someone else.

DivaK

tazzydennis

Ms. D, thank you for this information! I too have a scalp that likes to hold onto snowflakes. Denorex is my next purchase!