Dandruff

mzlatisha

Everything is Energy
Lately I have been having a problem with dandruff.
I have never had this problem before. I wash my hair and then like a day and half later its itching like crazy. My edges are have HUGE flakes...
I bought sulfur 8 but it is so greasy and its smells like medicine...LOL
Also I bought a dandruff shampoo...any tips?

locabouthair

u should try top brass anti dandruff. u should be able to find it at the BSS. my mom had BAD dandruff and this worked for her.

TemiLnd

I found this article ages ago. Sorry cant remember where. Try one of thes natural herbal rinses and see if that helps. Also CLARIFY!!! At least once a month, esp if you are using sulphur based products.

Below is a list of commonly used herbs and the advantages they give in hair care. Many on the list can be made into shampoos to give the hair the desired look as well as help with common hair problems.

Burdock Root – Burdock Root is something that can be used for dandruff and if you have dry hair. The root will alleviate the dandruff naturally and give the hair more moisture as well.

Catmint Leaves – Catmint leaves are good to use if you have an itchy scalp.

Chamomile Flowers – these flowers can be used in many types of shampoos and hair care products as they help with dandruff, an itchy scalp, or if you have very dry hair.

Comfrey and Elderflowers – these are both good herbs to use if you have dry hair.

Horsetail, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Mint – These four herbs can be used to help if you have very oily hair. They will give the hair a natural look without the buildup of oil.

Marigold – marigold is an often-used herb as it can be used to alleviate dry hair, oily, hair, and fine hair. Marigold will give the hair a full healthy look.

Oat Straw – oat Straw is a very good herb that can give body and a healthy look to dry and fine hair. Oat Straw gives the hair more body and makes it look more full.

Rosemary – Rosemary is one of the most common herbs used in hair care products. It is used in shampoos as well as conditioners and has a good fragrance as well. Rosemary is good to use if you have oily hair or dandruff. Rosemary can also be used in any hair type and it will make the hair look more full and healthy.

Sage and Stinging Nettle – Both of these herbs are good at combating oily hair. They will give hair a natural look without the buildup of oils.

Thyme – Thyme is an herb that is helpful when trying to alleviate dandruff

There are many types of products that use natural herbs such as shampoos, conditioners, and other hair products. Many herbal products are also being used to try to alleviate hair loss in men and women as well. You can either buy products already made with some of these herbs or make them yourself, buying the herbs separately. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited:

KiniKakes

When I started using Original MTG regularly, the curbed my dandruff and dry scalp probably permanently!!!!

gymfreak336

One thing that helps me alot is the head and shoulders dandruff conditioner. Put it on your scalp like you are "greasing" it and let it sit with a hot towel covering it for 10-20 mins. Shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo like head and shoulders dry scalp or smooth and silky and follow with your fav. conditioner. It works wonders

stargazer613

try to avoid shampoos with sodium laureth/lauryl sulfates because that is a major scalp irritant.

rubbing your scalp with jojoba oil, lavender and rosemary oil should help a bit.

Jason Organics makes a great Jojoba shampoo:)