Daniel Fast 2014 - Encouragement, Recipes, etc.

Reminiscing

Hi Ladies,

Welcome to the Daniel Fast 2014 thread! This is a place for us to encourage each other, pray for each other, share recipes, ask questions, etc. Please let us know what day you will begin your fast so that we can cheer you on!

The Daniel Fast is a 21 day fast from meats, dairy, breads, and other items. Below is information on what should and should not be eaten. I it copied from the 2013 thread and included the link as well.

I will begin my fast on Sunday, January 5th. I know some ladies are starting sooner so I will begin praying for you tonight. Happy New Year and Happy Fasting to all of you!

DANIEL FAST INFORMATION

http://danielfast.wordpress.com/daniel-fast-food-list/

Please make sure to READ THE LABEL when purchasing packaged, canned or bottled foods. They should be sugar-free and chemical-free. Keep this in mind as you review this list of acceptable foods.

Foods to include in your diet during the Daniel Fast

All fruits. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Fruits include but are not limited to apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava, honeydew melon, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangoes, nectarines, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, raisins, raspberries, strawberries, tangelos, tangerines, watermelon

All vegetables. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Vegetables include but are not limited to artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers, collard greens, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, ginger root, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, okra, onions, parsley, potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, scallions, spinach, sprouts, squashes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, yams, zucchini, veggie burgers are an option if you are not allergic to soy.

All whole grains, including but not limited to whole wheat, brown rice, millet, quinoa, oats, barley, grits, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, rice cakes and popcorn.

All nuts and seeds, including but not limited to sunflower seeds, cashews, peanuts, sesame. Also nut butters including peanut butter.

All legumes. These can be canned or dried. Legumes include but are not limited to dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black eyed peas, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, white beans.

All quality oils including but not limited to olive, canola, grape seed, peanut, and sesame.

Beverages: spring water, distilled water or other pure waters.

Other: tofu, soy products, vinegar, seasonings, salt, herbs and spices.

Foods to avoid on the Daniel Fast

All meat and animal products including but not limited to beef, lamb, pork, poultry, and fish.

All dairy products including but not limited to milk, cheese, cream, butter, and eggs.

All sweetenersincluding but not limited to sugar, raw sugar, honey, syrups, molasses, and cane juice.

All leavened bread including Ezekiel Bread (it contains yeast and honey) and baked goods.

All refined and processed food products including but not limited to artificial flavorings, food additives, chemicals, white rice, white flour, and foods that contain artificial preservatives.

All deep fried foods including but not limited to potato chips, French fries, corn chips.

All solid fats including shortening, margarine, lard and foods high in fat.

Beverages including but not limited to coffee, tea, herbal teas, carbonated beverages, energy drinks, and alcohol.

Remember, READ THE LABELS!

FriscoGirl

I'm going to start Jan 5th…

Is it necessary to buy the book "The Daniel Fast: feed your soul, strengthen your spirit and renew your body"?

Last edited:

Divine.

Count me in. I think I want to start my fast tomorrow. I went shopping today and boy oh boy...there's so many things you CAN'T eat :nono: Whole Foods nearly cleaned my bank account. This will be my first time doing a Daniel Fast and I am excited!

JewelleNY

I'll be starting for the New Year too! I did this last year and it felt great. I came up with some really good recipes and found a lot on Pinterest. :)

Phoenix14

I think I"ll be starting this later on this week or next Sunday, I want to order a few books on this first and pray about the ideal length of time to do it.

gvin89

Is it necessary to buy the book "The Daniel Fast: feed your soul, strengthen your spirit and renew your body"?

I'm starting on the 5th as well...I actually borrowed the book from my local library. It provided a general reference, but wasn't a necessity in my opinion.

I will be starting the fast on the 2nd. I am so nervous! I just don't want to fail. I have made drawing nearer to the Lord a priority for 2014. I want to go for the full 21 days but my church is having a volunteer banquet on the 18th.

I'll have to pray for direction and guidance on the duration of the fast.

Reminiscing

I'm thinking about doing this, but I'm afraid I won't be able to successfully completely.

God has not given us a spirit of fear... (2 Timothy 1:7)

With God all things are possible... (Matthew 19:26)

If you decide not to do the fast, don't let fear be the reason. Continue to pray and let God lead you. If He leads you to do the fast, trust that he will give you the strength to get through it. :yep:

Reminiscing

Yay! So glad to see you're back WhipEffectz1! And, so glad for all the other ladies who are fasting with us this time. I felt the peace and blessings of my 2013 fast all year long and I know that the 2014 fast will be even better! :yep:

Reminiscing

Hi FriscoGirl, I didn't buy the book last year. Instead, I followed a Daniel Fast devotional that my sister's church gave out. This year I'm going to use a new women's devotional book I purchased that's focused on women of the Bible. Along with this fast, I feel God calling me to not just read, but study, the Bible.

If you purchase the book, let us know how it is. :yep:

Reminiscing

My aunt is doing this fast. It sounds like a good idea to start the new year off right.

For me it eased a lot of my stress and worry over the year to come. I have never felt more focused and closer to God than I felt this year after doing the fast last January. I hope you join us!

WhipEffectz1

It's a wrap for my first day. I'm not having any withdrawals from caffeine or sweets. Tomorrow I will cook lentil soup infused with lemon and curry. Also, having my daily green smoothie.

kinky curlygenie

I will actually be starting my fast on Monday but I will be cutting down my portions for the rest of the week and use up the last of the stuff in my fridge. I need to go shopping tomorrow to make all my dinners. Ladies what recipes will out be using frequently throughout this fast??? So far I've got lots of soups and various salads :)

destinyseeker

Day One done! I had a great day. Stayed in the spirit and experienced no cravings. I did have a headache in the afternoon but that's because I got busy at work and didn't eat enough ( an orange took care of that). I'll be better prepared going forward

WhipEffectz1

I cooked this earlier.
Lentil soup infused with lemon, curry, tomatoes, cilantro, etc.

I want to cook this next...maybe later on in the week.
Veggie Kabobs

demlew

I'm starting on the 5th as well...I actually borrowed the book from my local library. It provided a general reference, but wasn't a necessity in my opinion.

FriscoGirl - I'm starting mine on the 5th as well. My library didn't have the book, so I'm buying this Kindle(PC) edition for $3. She also has her own blogsite with a lot of great recipes. She has so many on her free site, I'm not sure how many more are included in the book, but it seems worth it.

**I have no affiliation with the author/site.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Guid...?ie=UTF8&qid=1388724446&sr=8-1&keywords=feola

http://www.ultimatedanielfast.com/