Daniel Fast 2014 - Encouragement, Recipes, etc.

destinyseeker

I am still fasting and in a great place! Wednesday will be my 21st day but my boyfriend and I have decided to do 30 Days.

gvin89

I'm still here and God is moving. He's strengthening my friendship with some awesome like-minded women. He had blessed my dh with an unexpected bonus. My kids are thriving and we are just in a good place. I'm so thankful.

Reminiscing

I am still fasting and in a great place! Wednesday will be my 21st day but my boyfriend and I have decided to do 30 Days.

I'm still here and God is moving. He's strengthening my friendship with some awesome like-minded women. He had blessed my dh with an unexpected bonus. My kids are thriving and we are just in a good place. I'm so thankful.

Wonderful! So glad to hear things are going with you all. God's love is truly amazing!

LovelyRo

I just started my 40 day fast last week so, I'm still here and doing pretty well. I do need to read, pray and journal more. I love writing "Dear God" letters especially when I'm fasting.

foxee

Ladies, I just finished my 21 days! It was a truly eye opening experience. This year I decided to begin the fast on 1/1 instead of the first Sunday of the year, and I'm so glad I did. I rang in the New Year in church and ended my fast last night in prayer at midnight.

During the fast there were a lot of ups and downs, but I came out feeling renewed and refreshed. I have an overwhelming sense of peace. I feel God is doing a new thing in my life and 2014 is going to be the year of many breakthroughs and blessings.

Sosa

I'm still fasting and I am loving it! I love the "place" I enter while I am fasting, very spiritually invigorating :yep:.

I end my fast on this Sunday.

Phoenixsky13

I am still in the beginning of my fast. Today is day 8 for me. I have been journaling and praying. I was sick the first week and I'm starting to feel better this week.

Some things that I prayed for 2014 are starting to come to fruition. I feel awed and excited to see God work in my life. I'm not sure what will happen but I know that I'm safe and God will see me through. This fast is powerful y'all. I'm really thankful that I came upon the thread here.

LovelyRo

I feel like I'm getting somewhere. God is revealing a lot to me and forcing me to get my spirit right...

Reminiscing

I am still in the beginning of my fast. Today is day 8 for me. I have been journaling and praying. I was sick the first week and I'm starting to feel better this week.

Some things that I prayed for 2014 are starting to come to fruition. I feel awed and excited to see God work in my life. I'm not sure what will happen but I know that I'm safe and God will see me through. This fast is powerful y'all. I'm really thankful that I came upon the thread here.

Amen to the bolded!!! :yep:

Sosa

I have decided to extend my fast until end of January. I decided to do a full fast this past Fri-Sun so I'm going back on the Daniel now for a week.

Yesterday at church 3 persons spontaneously came up to pray for me.Two at first service and one at the evening service. This has never happened to me before.
Like I am there just worshipping at my seat and a lady said "The Spirit told me to agree with you. I dont know what is, but let me pray with you. If two touch and agree, it shall be established. " After she prayed, she said I'm going to have a good week.
One other lady just held me from behind and pressed her cheeks in my back and started praying in tongues. Just a-travailing. Older white lady.

I can't wait to come back with my testimonies :yep:. I can scarce contain myself, I'm just so excited :grin:.

Btw, I am also understanding more about fasting. I understand that fasting doesn't change God (as He isn't a genie and I can't "make" Him do what I want etc.)...fasting changes ME. To be more in-tuned spiritually so I can know what to pray for--what He wants to do, what's going on in the spiritual realm etc. Putting my flesh under submission and spending time with God is fodder for my spirit.

Last edited:

Reminiscing

I ended my fast yesterday at 23 days. My mom had surgery yesterday so my sister and I agreed not to break our fast until she came out successfully. God was surely faithful to us. My mom came out of surgery with more energy than she had in her past surgeries and her doctor said that the damage to her knee wasn't as bad as he expected. God is goood!!!

Kerryann

Wow I did this and god granted me one of the few things I was fasting for in week 2 and the good part is I lost 15 pounds

Phoenixsky13

Praise Report: I had been really down in December. I have a good job but I'm a graduate student and my job is no longer willing to work with my schedule. They accommodate me as much as they can but its not enough. I applied for a few graduate assistantships before Xmas. I didn't here anything back.

Started the fast on the 15th. It's day 15 and I was offered a position today. I will have the same take home pay +\- 100$ for working 20 hours in comparison to the 31 hours I'm currently working. I feel like a weight has been lifted. I know it's Gods work. When I asked for this back in Dec I almost didn't believe it was possible but I knew that all things are possible through Jesus so I asked anyway. I'm so thankful right now.

Reminiscing

Praise Report: I had been really down in December. I have a good job but I'm a graduate student and my job is no longer willing to work with my schedule. They accommodate me as much as they can but its not enough. I applied for a few graduate assistantships before Xmas. I didn't here anything back.

Started the fast on the 15th. It's day 15 and I was offered a position today. I will have the same take home pay +\- 100$ for working 20 hours in comparison to the 31 hours I'm currently working. I feel like a weight has been lifted. I know it's Gods work. When I asked for this back in Dec I almost didn't believe it was possible but I knew that all things are possible through Jesus so I asked anyway. I'm so thankful right now.

Wonderful testimony! God is good! He blessed me with a new during the fast as well and I'm loving it. Everyone at this company is very happy to be here. I haven't been in such a positive work environment in a long time. Many blessings to you as you start your new job!

LovelyRo

Praise report... For the last couple of weeks, my mother has had an issue with getting all of her medication. She has been going without a very critical med for almost a week now. Yesterday, I said a very specific prayer that she receive her med and she just called me to tell me that it's ready to be picked up! Thank God!!! Now my prayer is that going without her medication for all those days does not have any negative effect. In Jesus Name, Amen!

destinyseeker

I forgot to post a praise report at the end if my 45 day fast... My boyfriend not only got a job (after being out of work for 6 months) he got his dream job. Salary, distance, and responsibilities and growth potential.. All exactly as we prayed for!

I received unexpected money and opportunities to earn more money just when I needed it (a number of times during the Fast).

Relationally we went through some things that really challenged us and brought us even closer together.

Spiritually, I felt so close to The Lord.

And on a side note we both feel and look better physically than we did before the Fast.

I will definitely be doing another Daniel Fast at another point during the year.