Daniel Fast 2018 And 2019

Lymegreen

Thursday I got a voicemail message: A courtesy call from York county gas, tell me that my gas will be turned of due to non payment.

The problem was this is from the house that we moved out of last June! I forgot to take the bill out of our name!

I called first thing Friday and explained my situation. After digging up the phone recordings, the gas company decided that we were responsible for the bill $400.

So, I emailed old management company and included the gas ledger showing all of the details and asked them for help.

1. response was they couldn't help us.
2. response...current tenant went to the gas company and PAID the bill and had the account switched over to their name!

This took 1 day!!! We were mentally preparing ourselves to pay the bill due to our error in not closing the account.

But, I believe God intervened here! My husband is fasting and praying not even about this! because it was so sudden.

Just want to keep you encourage. God can touch the hearts of others on your behalf.

Stay strong!

Loving

Day 6 Recap

I managed to leave work on time yesterday. It was a rough week workwise (plus with the other bad news) but God has been helping me through. I think I've gottten used to being hungry most times but that's ok. It's a matter of food vs faith and I choose faith.

Last edited:

Loving

Day 7 Recap
Yesterday went fairly well but by 3p.m. I was spent. The pressures of the week caught up with me and by the time I was finished cleaning I was so tired. I had some leftover salad from the evening before so I just had that for my dinner and turned in early. I spent some time in the Bible and in prayer earlier in the day to strengthen my faith. I also discovered a new song which speaks to the grandeur and majesty of God. I played it abut 25 times yesterday! It was that good! Hope it blesses you as much it blessed me:

Loving

Day 8 Recap
Yesterday was rough and was filled with gut wrenching cries and depression. I'm still sticking with the fast though, as hard as it currently is emotionally.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Stay encouraged, @Loving ... Fasting is a sacrifice that doesn't go unrewarded! The distractions will come in all forms, like a phone call during a time you're reading or praying at a spiritually critical time, but stay focused on God. He'll see you through. In terms if food, you may try drinking lots of warm water (You can add some ACV if you like) when the hunger pangs attack, and limiting non-prescribed meds. If you get a headache, massage sides of your temple with Vicks, for example. A quick prayer during the attacks each day helps. Stay encouraged, and continue to praise Almighty God in all things, even the bad. I'm sure you'll experience one good thing each day- so focus on the good things. Blessings to you, and all who are fasting this season.
I plan to fast with the church I'm attending next week.

Loving

My sister just sent me this verse (Hebrews 10 v 35 - 39) to encourage me :

35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!
36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.
37 “For in just a little while, the Coming One will come and not delay.
38 And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away.”
39 But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved.

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
Hello Everyone. I would like to join this challenge. I am starting a modified Daniel fast tomorrow for 21 days. I say modified because I have IBS and have to watch how I eat, so I sometimes substitute foods. For example I allow myself 12 grain bread, but not white bread.

Two years ago I did a modified DF fast for 40 days where I stuck to the official recipes (the Lord really spoke to me during that time); however, I tried to fast just before Christmas this year and lasted only 21 days. I feel like I failed in achieving my goal, but the Lord is nudging me to try again.

I am committing to:
- reducing time spent watching TV
- increasing time spent on bible stories with my daughter
- daily praise and worship using YTube
- increase my time in the Word
- revisiting a few sermons by Dr Munroe on career and marriage

I felt compelled to come in to his forum tonight and now I know why. I am looking forward to sharing and learning from you.

Loving

Day 9 Recap

After a rough day 8, day 9 went a little better. The flesh reared its ugly head in the mid morning. One of my managers really upset me at work (she doesn't handle stress well and in turn stresses out those around her). I didn't handle it well initially but reminded myself to pray and calm myself down. By the time I had my scheduled meeting with her, I was much calmer and receptive. Fasting tends to show us our weak areas- I don't look at it as failures, I look at it for areas for improvement and growth.

Reflecting on the 9 days so far, I'm glad I undertook this challenge. I was scared and worried that I wouldn't make it but thanks be to God, I'm making it with His help. He has pointed out strongholds and potential hinderances to my blessings and I've been taking them to Him in prayer. I've always been sensitive to the Holy Spirit but I've seen Him reveal himself in new ways since I began this fast.

I've already decided that I will be doing this again before the year is out.

Last edited:

Loving

Day 10 Recap
Hard to believe that as I am typing this, I'm halfway through the fast. All praises be to God! I've been tried and tested at work with immense workload but I'm taking it in strides. Tomorrow I will have a true test as I have a client breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'll pray about it tonight and ask the Lord to give me strength to remain true to this fast.

Aggie

First day down but looks like I may only make it to 7 days. My job as a massage therapist makes it very difficult to fast longer than that unless I actually take the time off. Working for myself does not make that very feasible at the moment so I will do the best I can for these 7 days.

@Loving, you are so helpful. Thank you for diligently posting your updates.

Last edited:

destinyseeker

My Fiancé and I are doing the Daniel Fast with our Church right now. Day 10
Usually I’m no good until the 4th or 5th Day but I’ve been in a really great place physically.
Spiritually I’m praying, trusting and having faith in God for something major in my life and of course challenges are coming to interfere. The DF is helping to remind me to stay focused on God and away from the obstacles.

destinyseeker

Day 10 Recap
Hard to believe that as I am typing this, I'm halfway through the fast. All praises be to God! I've been tried and tested at work with immense workload but I'm taking it in strides. Tomorrow I will have a true test as I have a client breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'll pray about it tonight and ask the Lord to give me strength to remain true to this fast.
@Loving I am at a 2 day conference and focused on what I can have rather than what is offered. devil: I’ve come too far to let food get in my way. :)
For breakfast I had a fresh fruit salad ( I love how sweet fruit taste when you haven’t been eating sugar). I brought a small bag of almonds (raw) for snack and for lunch I had a nice big salad with vinegar and oil, mixed vegetables and more fruit! I was quite satisfied and didn’t feel deprived at all.
You’re going to be so proud of yourself tomorrow night when you make it through this challenge! I have one more day at the conferance and I’ll be thinking of you and praying for you to have strength. We’ve got this!

Loving

@Loving I am at a 2 day conference and focused on what I can have rather than what is offered. devil: I’ve come too far to let food get in my way. :)
For breakfast I had a fresh fruit salad ( I love how sweet fruit taste when you haven’t been eating sugar). I brought a small bag of almonds (raw) for snack and for lunch I had a nice big salad with vinegar and oil, mixed vegetables and more fruit! I was quite satisfied and didn’t feel deprived at all.
You’re going to be so proud of yourself tomorrow night when you make it through this challenge! I have one more day at the conferance and I’ll be thinking of you and praying for you to have strength. We’ve got this!
I held strong! It wasn't even tempted even though there were eggs, bacon, pancakes, pastries and freshly squeezed juice. I had some fruits and nuts for breakfast. For lunch I had a chicken salad, without the chicken. I ordered balsamic vinegar dressing with it but they didn't have any so I just ate it plain. I also turned down the complimentary ice cream cone that was offered. I didn't want to announce to the table that I was on the Daniel Fast so they just automatically assumed that I was being a diva and teased me quite a bit about it. They even said they couldn't wait to hear what my order will be at dinner later. I will report tomorrow about their reaction at dinner :)

Loving

Day 11 Recap
It was another long day at work but I ended the day in prayer and study of the word. I'm currently in the book of 1 Kings and one verse particularly jumped out at me. In 1 Kings 8 v 58, Solomon asked God for the desire to do his will in everything. That's my heart's cry today...Lord give me the desire to do your will in everything.

janiebaby

I'm glad I was led to this thread. I've been wanting to fast but was trying to figure out how. I have a medical condition and I work on my feet all day so I'm trying to fast in a safe way.

NaturalEnigma

I'm on the Daniel fast too with my church! Ours is 12 days. It ends tomorrow. Last year it was almost 3 weeks and landed on my birthday. I was tempted to drink and eat the chocolate cake that my brother gave me but I stayed firm. After each fast my church does a laying on of the hands ceremony to release the blessings that you've been praying for during the fast. I like how the fast is in the beginning of the year because it sets the tone on how you should be eating for the remainder of the year. I carry around snacks with me to keep away hunger pangs. My favorites are fruits, apples with almond butter, raisins, peanuts, almonds, brown rice cakes, popcorn, and hummus with carrots and peppers.

Aggie

Day 2 down. Today was much easier than yesterday. I spent more time in the Word today as well so I know that has a lot to do with it. I only had an apple with a handful of mixed nuts earlier today and this afternoon I had a light salad - no breakfast. Thank You Lord for bringing me through day 2.

Loving

Day 12 Recap
Dinner was easier than I expected. I spoke to one of the waitresses before my clients arrived and asked her for the vegan option on the menu and simply ordered that. For the appetizer, I ordered a strawberry spinach salad with no dressing and no cheese. I also skipped desert. Can't wait for this evening to spend some time with God. I'm mentally exhausted from this work week.

Loving

Day 13 Recap
I was so mentally drained from my work week. Additionally in the back of my mind I keep wondering if this is worth it spiritually as I'm not seeing the breakthroughs I've been praying about. I believe this is the devil's trick though and I have to keep strong during the remainder of the fast. One of the things I have been praying about is consistency in my quiet time and and I'm pleased to say I have seen improvement so far.

janiebaby

Day 13 Recap
I was so mentally drained from my work week. Additionally in the back of my mind I keep wondering if this is worth it spiritually as I'm not seeing the breakthroughs I've been praying about. I believe this is the devil's trick though and I have to keep strong during the remainder of the fast. One of the things I have been praying about is consistency in my quiet time and and I'm pleased to say I have seen improvement so far.

Stay strong....write all the things that you have then read them back to yourself.

janiebaby

Does anyone here keep a prayer journal? Someone told me about it years ago but I never started one.

Status report: I'm still studying up on fasting. Came across Isaiah 58 and I'm going to meditate on it and start a prayer journal.

Last edited:

Loving

Does anyone here keep a prayer journal? Someone told me about it years ago but I never started one.

Status report: I'm still studying up on fasting. Came across Isaiah 58 and I'm going to meditate on it and start a prayer journal.
I don't keep a prayer journal but at times I write my prayers in my Bible Study/devotional journal that I use in my quiet time. It's hard for me to separate the two as sometimes I may read a scripture, start journaling about it and then end up writing a prayer regarding what I read.

Loving

Day 14 Recap
I had a bit of insomnia last night and used some of the time to read and to pray. When I fell back asleep, I had a dream where I believe God is showing me an area in my life that I need to pray about.

On the food side, I came very close to cheating yesterday. It took a lot of willpower to resist and I kept reminding myself that my faith was more important than the fleeting pleasure of food. On to Week 3!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Yep... :yep:

Day 13 Recap

Loving

Perfect analogy. I quoted the scripture to my sister last week when I was feeling down and asked her to pray for me. Just after that, without any prompting from my part, a pastor also messaged me on FB and told me that he was praying for me. I had to thank God right there and then for my Aaron and Hur.