Dark and Lovely products

BronzyBella

I noticed that like Pantene, people on this board rarely discuss Dark and Lovely. Why is that?

I used Dark and Lovely ColorCare shampoo and conditioner a while back, and loved it. It made my hair very, very soft. This was a few years ago.

I recently tried Dark and Lovely Moisture Seal shampoo and it leaves my hair pretty silky. It's better than both my Herbel Essence Hello Hydration, and Herbal Essence shampoo for dry/damaged hair. I'm just beginning to learn about cones and things of that nature, and am just wondering if these Dark and Lovely shampoos contain them?

Also, I'm just curious to know why people don't seem to be feeling Dark and Lovely products in general?

Thanks,
-Dee

Last edited:

Twisties

For me, I hate the word Dark and Lovely. That is one of the products that I experienced severe hair breakage with --their relaxer. Back in the day, their products weren't good - shampoos, conditioners didn't do much for improving hair's condition.

I do believe they have now improved their line and some people like them now. Like your experience is good---but I still can't brink myself to use Dark andLovely products. I think their haircolors get good reviews though.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Twisties said:
For me, I hate the word Dark and Lovely. That is one of the products that I experienced severe hair breakage with --their relaxer. Back in the day, their products weren't good - shampoos, conditioners didn't do much for improving hair's condition.

[SIZE=+1] Ditto.......Mine was as recent as last year. I don't look at "Any" D & L products now.[/size]

Iluvsmuhgrass

There's a joke in my family. Dark n Lovely will leave you Black n Bald. Now I have a friend that's Lumbee who gets incredible results with it.... but it eats my hair up. I can't use it at all.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I don't feel that Dark & Lovely (like Pantene) uses quality ingredients in their products. (unless they have changed the formula over the years)

hothair

I have nightmare memories of DarK & Lovely their colour almost snatched me bald a couple of years ago, maybe they've changed their formula but i'm too scared to mess with the line, funny cause i know the same company makes Loreal colours which i get along very well with. I agree with the poor quality of ingredients; My hair handles abuse pretty well (read: still strong if dry after relaxed, dyeing red, bleach peroxiding blond and colouring light brown all in the same day) but one application of dark and lovely colour and it all came crashing down :cry:

BronzyBella

Thanks for the responses. I was asking this question 'cause I was considering buying more Dark & Lovely products so that I could stick to one line exlusively. Dark & Lovely is carried in almost every drug and dept store in my area and it's pretty inexpensive.

However, I'm thinking about going the no-poo route (using conditioner and baking soda as my shampoo) and have been stalking the Oyin Handmade site. People say that their products are more than worth the money(I"m still waiting for my burnt sugar pomade in the mail)

I haven't had access to any Keracare or Nexxus products were I live in Toronto, and I don't think I want to order any from the 'net either. When I think about it though, I do have access to Silk Elements and Lacoupe products, which my hair seems to like alot.