Dark mode?

GGsKin

Loving that we can customize the look of the forum again! Do you think we'll eventually get a dark mode?

I'm always on here via my phone. Mine is in dark mode, thanks to my general phone setting already being in dark mode.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84 I am sorry I don't know why you aren't seeing all the options. Have you tried to log in from your laptop instead of your phone and see if you see all of them options available or vice versa? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Yes. I’ve tried from both computer and phone.

Kurlee

@Saludable84 I am sorry I don't know why you aren't seeing all the options. Have you tried to log in from your laptop instead of your phone and see if you see all of them options available or vice versa? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thanks @beverly! On my end, it only show "Use default style", "Default Style", and "LHCF Base" as options on PC.

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
I am trying to get this issue resolved as well (Dark Mode). Unfortunately I am only able to do certain tasks technically. I apologize in the delay or inconvenience. Just know that eventually I will have it resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Aggie

I am trying to get this issue resolved as well (Dark Mode). Unfortunately I am only able to do certain tasks technically. I apologize in the delay or inconvenience. Just know that eventually I will have it resolved. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you @beverly, since I too only see the default and LHCF Base options available.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Loving that we can customize the look of the forum again! Do you think we'll eventually get a dark mode?

You can always put your phone in dark mode and/or force dark mode if you use Google Chrome. I'm not sure if you can do that with other browsers. I did both and feel some type of way now looking at things that aren't in dark mode. :lachen:

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark

^^^^open Google Chrome and type this in the search bar, then 'enable' force dark mode for web contents. Then relaunch Chrome. All your web pages should be in dark mode after that.

Aggie

You can always put your phone in dark mode and/or force dark mode if you use Google Chrome. I'm not sure if you can do that with other browsers. I did both and feel some type of way now looking at things that aren't in dark mode. :lachen:

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark

^^^^open Google Chrome and type this in the search bar, then 'enable' force dark mode for web contents. Then relaunch Chrome. All your web pages should be in dark mode after that.
Thanks for sharing this but unfortunately, I don't want everything in dark mode. This site is a little too light for my taste since the change, but not every site I visit is this way for me.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Thanks for sharing this but unfortunately, I don't want everything in dark mode. This site is a little too light for my taste since the change, but not every site I visit is this way for me.

Hmmmm....would inverting the colors help?

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Thank y’all so much for informing me of dark mode. My eyes just cried tears of happiness (and relief) it finally matches my phone’s dark mode. My boyfriend calls me a vampire lol

Amour

I automatically have dark mode but don't prefer this colour, but all the options appear dark for me. Any ideas?

Rastafarai

I automatically have dark mode but don't prefer this colour, but all the options appear dark for me. Any ideas?

Scroll to the very bottom of the page. At the far left corner you should see "Style Chooser". Click on that and you can select "Use default style".