Dear Nikos....

BlkMane

A couple of questions for you:

1. What does the "Mark All Read" at the top of the screen do if you click on it?
Does it mark the THREAD you are in as read or all threads in the category. I'm not clear on this.

2. Is there a way to HIDE certain threads that I'm not really interested in so that I never have to see them?

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Hi BlkMane,

1. The Mark all Read is a global setting. Once you click on it, you will be forwarded to a new screen that will ask you for confirmation. Once you click on the confirmation, all unread messages in all boards will become read. Someone else suggested that we should make it category or even thread related, so I will have to work a bit on this.

2. There are a couple of ways to do that. First of all you can click on the
next to each category which will "shrink it" (useful for the Announcements category).

Also you might want to consider using your favorites list.

The way to do it is to click on one of the boards (say Off Topic) and at the very bottom of the page on the left you have a toggle which makes that board your favorite.

You repeat this process with all the boards you want. Once you are done you go to the main page and at the bottom there is a link which says Favorite Forums.

This will allow you to filter the forums which you chose to be your favorites.

To remove a forum from your favorites you go to My Home, while to see all forums you go to Main Index and at the bottom there is a relevant link.

I hope this helps

Have fun

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Wait...as things I have changed, I'm filtering using Thread Tools, subscribe to control panel. this should work....

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
LOL You realize that you were answering/posting in a post from 2003 right ? :)

Since then we have changed the forum software and that particular functionality is not supported.

However you can use the option that you mentioned!