Dec 19 through 26 What Are Your Weekly Hair Plans?

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I did my first ACV rinse (extremely diluted)!
I was intending to do it yesterday, had everything prepped-
but chickened out. Solely DC'd instead...hoping that would take care of issues.
It helped but still the knots and rough feeling of the cuticle (since subbing baby oil gel for leave-in :nono: ).

Just ACV rinse, regular co-wash, ic fantasia aloe gel + oil blend (shea, coconut, etc). The last two were things I'd done yesterday after DC but it had not made a difference in SSK or the ends.

Man, after the ACV rinse was added, I was able to gently sort of rub my ends and mid length, running fingers down, where I could feel that the knots and tangles (2 strands intertwined together) were, from which they seemingly dissolved!
(eta: true SSKs are still there, i think, just flattened and smoothed down)
Is that even possible? My guess is that the ACV rinse softened or evened out the cuticle, allowing the co-wash, aloe/oil mix, to condition much better, slippery enough for the tiny knots. I'm confuzzled but I'll take it!

Last edited:

nyeredzi

Hopefully by the end of this week be through with finger detangling my twists. Products used: aloe vera juice, Qhemet Biologics Cocoa tree detangling ghee, and then sealed with olive oil and castor oil mix.

Gods willing, I'll blow dry with the revair next week for end of year pics.

Shadow_Lace

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Earlier today...

Co-Wash/Detangling Agent: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Fortifying Conditioner
Cleanse: Curly Hair Solutions Energizing Shampoo
Anti-Shedding/Strengthening D/C: Alikay Naturals Avocado Cream Moisture Repairing Mask
Leave-In: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioner
Styling Products: Miss Jessie's Multicultural Curls Styling Lotion & a bit of Xtreme Clear Gel on my edges
Sealant/Finisher: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum
Dry: Air-dry for a wash n go

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Treatment: jamila henna with amla and some teaspoons of Rajasthanu + coconut milk applied on damp hair coated in ic fantasia HP aloe gel (do not have straight aloe gel/powder). Washed off by 6 am - came out great. Rinsing easy did not feel like it even needed a co-wash)
Cowash - Giovanni 50:50, Reveil cactus conditioner (korean brand)
DC - same as above . Only for approx 10 minutes
Nexxus CS shampoo (compulsively but was unnecessary)

Dampened satin silk (idk whether it's real silk but it does the job) scarf, dabbed grapeseed oil onto it and applied till noon (per Fulani wrap method as demonstrated by Jostylin on youtube). After all those hours under the scarf, felt amazing...no brittleness.
Leave in- self-blended oil mix, Revlon Uniq, Grapeseed oil ends only

Neomorph

Alright just did my last wash day of 2020

Pre-poo: Olaplex No. 3
Shampoo: Nizoral
Deep Condition: SheScentIt Royal Honey and Argan Oil Masque
Scalp Condition: Aloe vera Gel
Leave In: Kinky Curly Knot Today + Aloe Vera Gel
Gel: Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Oil: Sweet Almond/Lavender JBCO Mix

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Even though I did my hair on Tuesday, I'm doing it again right now, lol. My scalp was dry/itchy and the gel I used was pilling.

Soaked my scalp in Mimi's Oil and soaked my hair in Sirod Naturals Fermented Black Rice LI. I detangled, then let the products sit on my hair for an hour. Now, I have Sirod Naturals Cleansing Conditioner sitting in my hair. I will probably use the same products I used to detangle my hair.

I have no idea what to do with my hair after this point. I may just style my hair in two plaits and keep it like that until my salon appointment on Wednesday.