December 2017: Hits & Misses

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Initial impression mega hit (wipes tears of joy away):

Hairveda Red Tea Heavy Cream

OMG. This moisturizer made my hair feel like what I have always wanted it to feel like!!! And it made my hair easily detangle-able.

I will try it two more times before drawing any conclusions.

My hair was already feeling amazing from the Hairveda Red Tea Nourishing Conditioner, too. I will need to use it a few times more to be sure, but I really enjoyed the Hairveda Ultra Hydrating Creamy Hair Cleansing Rinse. Best cowash I've ever, ever used, I think, but I will keep trialing it before I conclude so for sure.

Destiny9109

I'm in the process of washing my hair but the Alfaparf vials are looking like a miss. As soon as I put it on my hair got hard and wiry, and usually the results on wet hair are the same on dry hair. I'll wait to really judge after I rinse it out but it's not looking too good.

It's a major miss and I can't believe it! This prestigious brand, the price point, all those rave reviews! This is the biggest disappointment I've had my entire hair journey.

Last edited:

Alma Petra

I'm in the process of washing my hair but the Alfaparf vials are looking like a miss. As soon as I put it on my hair got hard and wiry, and usually the results on wet hair are the same on dry hair. I'll wait to really judge after I rinse it out but it's not looking too good.

It's a major miss and I can't believe it! This prestigious brand, the price point, all those rave reviews! This is the biggest disappointment I've had my entire hair journey.
Hard and wiry? I don't know what the product is but maybe it's a protein product and is supposed to be followed by a moisture DC

ms.blue

I don't have any hits but two mehs and one miss.
Meh 1. Mane choice Egyptian shampoo. Cleanse pretty decently and my hair was soft after but I felt like I had to rinse longer than usual since my hair felt coated.

Miss: Mane choice Egyptian conditioner. The conditioner is too thick to be in a squeeze bottle. It was a struggle to apply to my hair and while applying the conditioner to my hair, it seem to cause my hair to shrink up and tangle up horribly (I lost some hair) It reminded me how Giovanni direct leave in left my hair tangled. Anywho this leads to another...

Meh2: Mane choice Egyptian leave in. The only reason why this leave in isn't a miss is because I used a little last time and my hair felt fine. Also the conditioner left my hair so tangled and with little moisture that I don't think this leave in could really do much.

I'm going to try again with the shampoo and leave in.

LushLox

I think they probably changed their formula, it always seems to happen to the products I like. :nono:

ms.blue

@ms.blue

Do they ever have Sales?

Their ayuverdic whipped shea butter smells like soap and shea butter. The consistency isn't fluffy but like a smooth thick paste. Also left a white cast on my hair which I hope will go away by tomorrow. The edge genesis ultra oil gave me a slight headache (smell induced). The oil is thick (the first ingredient jbco) and smells like garlic and onion (I suggest using this a night but not before going to bed). The vendor shipped incredibly fast and price of shipping was fair. My package came with instructions and tips (8x11 side by side and double sided worth which I appreciate but I wished the font was larger). I'm not sure if she has sales...hope she does because her products are pricey.

LuvlyRain3

Oh no please expound because I'd been considering the leave in from that collection...

Okay so here it is

The hair bath shampoo was just a regular degular shampoo. It cleansed well and didn’t strip but it wasn’t moisturizing either.

The DC was the best product so far. It was moisturizing, had great slip and was very smoothing to the hair. The kind of DC you use before straightening or doing sets.

The moisture complex was where it all went wrong. It didn’t moisturize AT ALL. It actually made my hair feel dry and coated. It’s not a typical leave in. It comes in more of a serum-y formula. My hair was so coated after it that I can’t even speak to the effective of the serum or the gelee because nothing got past the moisture complex.

I think I’ll try them again minus the moisture complex and see how they work.

NaturallyATLPCH

Continued Revisited Hit:
APB Hair Cream
These little gems will always be in my arsenal. My hair is still soft and pliable.

New hit:
APB Dry Oil Spray
This stuff is amazing. The scent lingers, your skin is soft, and it doesn't leave a greasy feeling. I will definitely be getting more. I am loving her body things as much as her hair things.

shasha8685

Hits:
Braid outs. I think I like them.
Castor oil (Seals in all the moisture which is what my hair needs)

Tentative Hits:
DevaCurl No Poo Zero Lather Conditioning Cleanser (left my hair nice and soft)
Mane Choice Green Tea and Carrot Deep Strengthening and Restorative Mask ( hair responded nicely to it but I don't know if it is staple-worthy yet)

victory777

Continued Revisited Hit:
APB Hair Cream
These little gems will always be in my arsenal. My hair is still soft and pliable.

New hit:
APB Dry Oil Spray
This stuff is amazing. The scent lingers, your skin is soft, and it doesn't leave a greasy feeling
. I will definitely be getting more. I am loving her body things as much as her hair things.
I agree!!! I have a few in my arsenal; I was hoping that there was a BOGO on the dry oil spray, but I would be willing to pay full price also.

victory777

Kindred Butters
Hit:
Henna Oil Spray
It really works well on my fine strands without being overwhelming or making my face look like an oil slick.
It's consistency is similar to a serum, and I'm loving the convenience of the Spray bottle!
The smell has a small hint of ?garlic or ?onion, I'm not sure, But I seal with the oil over my hair creams.....Loving it!!!
APB:
Customer Service
UCS -especially for henna glosses
Cupuacu Avocado daily moisturizer
Peach Babassu hair lotion
body washes
Curly Proverbz DIY henna oil

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hits:
APB customer service. She is forever Bae.

Homemade Black Soap Shampoo. I used it two Sundays ago, after using my Komaza Pona, and have not washed since :look: my scalp is really not a nice person, but has not itched since. In the past, I’ve used various black soap poos and they are super harsh. The one I made is not too harsh and cleansed well. I’m upset it took me this long, but I guess better late than never.

RUBY

Miss
Eternally in Amber , I'm having real trouble with vendor. I ordered in July and when I didn't receive my goods I emailed her. She took ages to answer my emails but she said she would look into and put me on a waiting list. Then last week ago she emailed me giving me a partial refund. I emailed back and said I see you've given me a partial refund, does that mean you send me some products, what should I expect? No answer back from her. I emailed her again and I have received no answer. And to think I nearly placed another order for black Friday. The only time she was prompt was when I asked about shipping for placing another order. Otherwise I think she is ignoring my emails. All I want is an update about what is going on. If she doesn't have the products then refund me my money in full. If she has sent somethings let me know what they are. I don't want to carry this situation into the new year.

PJaye

Miss
Eternally in Amber , I'm having real trouble with vendor. I ordered in July and when I didn't receive my goods I emailed her. She took ages to answer my emails but she said she would look into and put me on a waiting list. Then last week ago she emailed me giving me a partial refund. I emailed back and said I see you've given me a partial refund, does that mean you send me some products, what should I expect? No answer back from her. I emailed her again and I have received no answer. And to think I nearly placed another order for black Friday. The only time she was prompt was when I asked about shipping for placing another order. Otherwise I think she is ignoring my emails. All I want is an update about what is going on. If she doesn't have the products then refund me my money in full. If she has sent somethings let me know what they are. I don't want to carry this situation into the new year.

It's time to let this vendor go and hand off the matter to your cc company/paypal.

RUBY

It's time to let this vendor go and hand off the matter to your cc company/paypal.

Yeah I've thought of doing that. But doesn't PayPal have a 180 day limit?
I'm secretly hoping to hear back from her soon but I checked her site and she's having a 45% off sale and I'm :angry2: .

Seriously, what's with the partial refund plus most of the things on her site are sold out so just how busy is she that she can't reply to my email.

Has anyone else had any dealings with eternally in amber?