December 2017: Hits & Misses

PJaye

Yeah I've thought of doing that. But doesn't PayPal have a 180 day limit?
I'm secretly hoping to hear back from her soon but I checked her site and she's having a 45% off sale and I'm :angry2: .

Seriously, what's with the partial refund plus most of the things on her site are sold out so just how busy is she that she can't reply to my email.

Has anyone else had any dealings with eternally in amber?

I say, contact paypal anyway. It's time to let this vendor go. She doesn't deserve your continued patience or patronage. She's already shown you who she is; it's time for you to believe her and act accordingly. If you do pass the issue on to paypal, do it by telephone instead of online because, IME, the response and final results will be better and in your favor.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Meh: Keravada Caramel Soufflé Leave-in
It’s great when your hair is wet, but horrid when your hair is dry. You definitely can’t use it to remoisturise your hair, but you can use it as a layer to seal in moisture over a water-based product. I will continue to use it until I run out, but I will not repurchase.

Hit: my whipped Shea mix with CP oil. It goes well with the serum I used for my WNG today. The next test is to see if it will go with my KCCC.

Meh: Obia Detangling Conditioner
Yes it did it’s job, but you have to use quite a bit. I can see this being a problem as my hair gets longer.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Meh: Obia Detangling Conditioner
Yes it did it’s job, but you have to use quite a bit. I can see this being a problem as my hair gets longer.

I’ve never tried this but commenting on the bolded. It’s hard using items that come only in 8oz and this is why I try to purchase conditioner that’s at least 12oz in size. I know I’m going to make a dent, but I’d still like to get more than one use out of a jar.

Sally.

Well let me go'n 'head and join the party, then. This Hairveda cowash day was one of the best wash days I have ever, ever had. I think I'm in love.

Next time I do a wash and go, I'm going to try the heavy cream under Black Castor and Flaxseed Oil Eco Style Gel. Woooo, I can hardly wait.
ok sorry for all the questions today! what all did you use on wash day? maybe i should just buy hairveda instead of trying to find and make the products on my own. especially if the hairveda products give the same results.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
ok sorry for all the questions today! what all did you use on wash day? maybe i should just buy hairveda instead of trying to find and make the products on my own. especially if the hairveda products give the same results.

No worries!

On that wash day, I used:
  • HairVeda Creamy Cleansing Rinse
  • HairVeda Red Tea Conditioner
  • HairVeda Red Tea Serum (on the bottom half of my hair -- i.e., my ends plus a little more)
  • HairVeda Red Tea Heavy Cream (wooo! loved it!)
  • HairVeda Red Tea Gel (didn't like it so much -- but I used it on top of the heavy cream, so that might have been the issue???)
If I recall correctly, I believe that in the Red Tea line, only the serum contains a good amount of ayurvedic ingredients.

When I started out with making CurlyProverbz's ayurvedic mixes/products, I made the oil . . . and everything else I bought commercial products that were similar. The oil was not difficult to make. MSM powder, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, etc. can be purchased from the health store. I purchased my henna from amazon.com. I purchased Henna Nupur 9 because it contains all the other ayurvedic herbs in the recipe so that I didn't have to buy them separately.

It is worth it, IMO, to make the oil if you are invested in trying ayurvedic/CP's products: I purchased KeraVada's similar oil, and I'm not getting the same experience that I do with the CP (CurlyProverbz) DIY oil.

However, if you are interested in purchasing commercial products to start off (I get it!), you can try products such as Camille Rose Naturals Cocoa Nibs & Honey Ultimate Growth Serum. Here are the ingredients for you to compare with the ingredients in CurlyProverbz's (CP's) DIY hair growth oil:
Camille Rose Naturals Cocoa Nibs & Honey Ultimate Growth Serum ingredients: Virgin amla oil, virgin sesame seed oil, virgin coconut oil, golden jojoba oils, virgin olive oil, pressed macadamia oils, shebu ws, aromatic organic cocoa beans, organic honey, biotin, msm, remblica officinalis, bringaraj herbs, brahmi, btms, tea tree oil, naturally scented, and LOVE!​
You can also purchase an ayurvedic whipped shea butter instead of making CP's DIY version. I'm sure there are other sellers besides Jakeala that sell an ayurvedic whipped shea butter, but I get mine from Jakeala's shop on Etsy.com.

LuvlyRain3

New Hits
- NG bamboo and silk dc- y’all have been raving about her products for a minute and now I know why. This dc strengthened and softened my hair and had my curls poppin’. It had great slip, absorbed well, and I didn’t need much product. This 16 oz should last me a while.
-NG hibiscus and honey leave in- this leave in is nice, thick and creamy and combines well with other products.

Continued Hits-
CRN aloe whipped butter gel-I have been using this for twists and braid styles but I think this would also make a good winter wng product
-DIY oil mix-equal parts castor, grapeseed and avocado oil with Argan oil added as desired. Been using this in the loc method for a couple of months now on and off and my moisture retention has been solid.