December 2018: Hits & Misses

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Not a hit or a miss but not a meh: Oyin What the Hemp deep moisture mask.

Thick and rich but smells like Queen Helene cholesterol to me. Soaked into my strands nicely while dc’ing with heat. Upon rinsing, my hair was left soft and moist. But it missed the mark for me because there’s not enough slip. I only detangle once during wash day and that’s at the end. I prefer a dc that gives me enough slip to detangle. This just doesn’t do it. Detangling time went from 5-7 minutes to almost 15. I eventually gave up and added my rinse out to speed up the process.

Do I regret buying 3 jars? No.
Will I continue using it? Yes. It’s a good dc now that I know I’ll need to just rinse it out then add my rinse out for detangling
Would I purchase again? Yes I actually would, but only at a discount. (But then again I don’t buy any products at full price)

Lita

Hit!
Bekura Beauty Tonga Mousse. Oh yes. My hair is so soft. It was worth the wait. I think I'm gonna order the Bakari water. Any reviews?

@naturalyogini The Bakari Water is my staple spray leave in & it plays well with all my hair products..I use it during midweek as a refresher too..It detangles very well & makes my hair very soft/moisturized..I try to stock up when it’s on sale..

*My hair is a combination of 3’s low porosity..

Happy Hair Growing!

prettyinpurple

Not a hit or a miss but not a meh: Oyin What the Hemp deep moisture mask.

Thick and rich but smells like Queen Helene cholesterol to me. Soaked into my strands nicely while dc’ing with heat. Upon rinsing, my hair was left soft and moist. But it missed the mark for me because there’s not enough slip. I only detangle once during wash day and that’s at the end. I prefer a dc that gives me enough slip to detangle. This just doesn’t do it. Detangling time went from 5-7 minutes to almost 15. I eventually gave up and added my rinse out to speed up the process.

Do I regret buying 3 jars? No.
Will I continue using it? Yes. It’s a good dc now that I know I’ll need to just rinse it out then add my rinse out for detangling
Would I purchase again? Yes I actually would, but only at a discount. (But then again I don’t buy any products at full price)
Thanks for the review. Sounds like the Bekura deep conditioners. They are concentrated and don't have slip. I keep a conditioner with some slip on hand to use after those thick deep conditioners.

@naturalyogini The Bakari Water is my staple spray leave in & it plays well with all my hair products..I use it during midweek as a refresher too..It detangles very well & makes my hair very soft/moisturized..I try to stock up when it’s on sale..

*My hair is a combination of 3’s low porosity..

Happy Hair Growing!
I'm going to start using it that way. I was disappointed since it was a liquid and set it aside a while ago.

gorgeoushair

@gorgeoushair Yes,that happened with one of my orders..I have 3 different orders & sally canceled one,but I got a conformation stating that my other order will ship out with no issues and they “Sally Beauty” apologized.

*That was something with them..

Happy Hair Growing!

Yeah I know. I contacted them the next day and they said a lot of people received those emails but some were in error. It's funny cause I received 4 of those emails.

prettyinpurple

@prettyinpurple Yes,try it that way & keep us posted..I spray it in my hair first,add other products on top..

Liquid
Cream
Oil

Or

Liquid
Oil
Cream

•Works both ways^^^
•Refresher for midweek

Happy Hair Growing!
I used the Bekura hair tea to refresh my hair and twist it last night. I didn't use any other product. Twistout looks lovely and my hair is soft and moisturized. The scent isn't my favorite but it's not overwhelming at least. It's a kinda piney scent (guess it's the cedarwood). I smelled it again faintly when I took my hair down this morning.

Lita

Hit-
•Curl Smith-Scalp booster for hair growth..I like the tingling sensation it gives me on my scalp

Miss-
•Curl Smith-Scalp booster gives product buildup :mad:
•Curl Smith-price :mad:

New Hit-
The Gods Nectar-Coffee growth/Thickning serum..This stuff is very strong you smell the coffe In it & a little goes a long way,it’s very concentrated..Fabulous job for a pre poo..My scalp was enjoying this :cool2:

Hit/Miss-
Mielle-Peony Leave In..I don’t know:duck:
it’s not as thick like I thought,also I thought it would be moisturizing,but it’s not bad if your applying more products on top or to use as a lite conditioner in the spring/summer :grinwink:

Happy Hair Growing!

fluffyforever

First impression hit: Nexxus Keraphix line (collagen, keratin, black rice protein). I tried the shampoo, reconstructor gel treatment, and conditioner.

The shampoo wasn't too stripping after rinsing. The first lather was very high in suds despite my hair being coated with shea butter.

The reconstructor treatment is small and only enough for 2 applications for my length. It doesn't spread easily in hair and it has to be worked through. My hair felt different immediately after applying and even more so after rinsing. I guess this is how "strengthened" hair is supposed to feel after protein treatments. My hair felt strong, smooth, thick, and not mushy at all. I shampooed again after treatment and my hair still felt strengthened.

The conditioner was really nice too. A bit of slip so not the best detangler, but enough to separate into sections with fingers. After rinse out my hair felt strong and soft.

I didn't add a leave in because I wanted to see how my hair felt once dried. It dried very smooth and still feels like there is a strengthened layer. I still had some manipulation breakage this morning, but I think continued use will help.

Shadow_Lace

Hit: The Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Sweet Oil & Honey Endless Moisture Restorative Spray and the Pearly Braid Out Glaze. The spray is more of a refresher spray, but I used it as a leave-in and a light detangler. My hair was so moisturized! The Braid Out Glaze is like a cross between a gel and a jelly. Goopy texture but it had some slip. My day 2 wash and go looks great and still feels soft!

Possible Miss:
The Sealing Cream from the same line. I followed the directions on the Restorative Spray and put this on afterwards (in sections) then applied the Glaze. The next day, my hair was a flaky mess. I'll try a few more combos with this product before the final verdict.

curly caress

First impression hit: Nexxus Keraphix line (collagen, keratin, black rice protein). I tried the shampoo, reconstructor gel treatment, and conditioner.

The shampoo wasn't too stripping after rinsing. The first lather was very high in suds despite my hair being coated with shea butter.

I love the shampoo! I always pre-poo before using it. I haven't tried anything else from this line yet.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits for little one

African Pride Moisture Miracle Moroccan clay and Shea Butter Heat activated masque. Softening. Moisturizing and boingy curls after rinsing. Kinda thick though.

Cantu Leave In Conditioner. Very softening and heavy enough that his curls are elongated while drying.

Miss

Wash day. He hates getting water on his hair.